Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should medical marijuana be legal?
Yes, absolutely! 195 77.38%
Only if it's for medical conditions. 27 10.71%
I'm not sure. 5 1.98%
No 25 9.92%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 07:25 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Guess what? Decriminalize weed and legalize it, treat it like alcohol, as far as usage ON the job, quit using the drug test to screen for it, and you'd have a HELL of a lot less "unemployed drug users" IN your state.

Do you realize how many occasional users in this friggin country are unemployed, because of the drug test!? You don't have ANY idea.....none! Z-E-R-O! They are perfectly capable of working and would be a tremendous asset to society, instead of a BURDEN to society. Their ONLY flaw? They can not pass the drug test. They KNOW they can't pass the test, because they have "an illegal drug" in their system.

The guy who has a drink or two, he's fine. It's acceptable....."no law against a guy having a drink or two to unwind after stressful day...or just because it's the daily routine." When he gets to the section of the job application, where it asks for your signature...to willingly submit to a urine test, he says, "Yup".

The same guy who takes a toke or two...to unwind after a stressful day...or just because it's his daily routine...is breaking the law. He's unemployable! By choice? No...NOT by choice, by LAW! The LAW has made him unemployable....NOT his use of marijuana!

It's why I oppose drug testing, due to it's flaws. It is always the cannabis users that are caught. Yet someone could blow lines on a Thursday, and pass a p*** test on Tuesday. Now do the math. What is worse, and potentially more dangerous, addictive, and causes the potential for overdose? Cocaine, or cannabis? Total freakin' hypocrisy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 08:02 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,719,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
It's why I oppose drug testing, due to it's flaws. It is always the cannabis users that are caught. Yet someone could blow lines on a Thursday, and pass a p*** test on Tuesday. Now do the math. What is worse, and potentially more dangerous, addictive, and causes the potential for overdose? Cocaine, or cannabis? Total freakin' hypocrisy!
Exactly!! Also, I don't know too many cocaine addicts I'd want to work with OR would trust, due to the very nature of the "side effects", which have been proven to accompany the use of cocaine. Yes, but laws, which are ahem...."designed to protect the people", are these days...quite often used to manipulate and profit from "their weaknesses".

If we're talking about better/worse scenarios, how about this. What's better, someone using a bit of a "harmless" plant, to relieve pain/anxiety/stress/poor appetite, insomnia...and a multitude of other ailments.....or ingesting toxic, man-made, chemical substances, which are "habit forming" and potentially deadly.....well, techically....they ARE deadly. You'll likely die from system failure, due to the liver toxicity, progressively worsening heart and kidney failure, etc., but still....you'll die from them.

Take "legal" pain meds....say goodbye to your intestinal tract...seriously....say goodbye. They are toxic, man-made chemicals! When your intestinal tract goes...everything goes. Use proven, plant-based medicines, and your body actually recognizes the substances you're ingesting!

What the "law" has decided to do is completely discriminate against the people who choose to use the medicinal herb "cannabis". They have made it illegal to use the plant, hence, anyone who does so is a criminal. We all know that it's stupid to hire known criminals, right? So....even if someone smoked weed 3 weeks ago, their drug test condemns them as "criminals". Right? They now are labeled as criminals, even if the only law they're breaking is...having a toke instead of a beer. Wow.....ignorance. LOL

Old 01-30-2014, 08:14 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Guess what? Decriminalize weed and legalize it, treat it like alcohol, as far as usage ON the job, quit using the drug test to screen for it, and you'd have a HELL of a lot less "unemployed drug users" IN your state.
I am talking about people who prioritize drugs over work and they are the same people who are in process of relocating to Colorado only because they have legaliazed pot. It says a lot about their priorities, and we don't need people like that in Florida. Good riddance. They will choose to be unemployed no matter where they live, so rather there than here.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:25 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Exactly!! Also, I don't know too many cocaine addicts I'd want to work with OR would trust, due to the very nature of the "side effects", which have been proven to accompany the use of cocaine. Yes, but laws, which are ahem...."designed to protect the people", are these days...quite often used to manipulate and profit from "their weaknesses".

I agree. I would absolutely rather deal with and work with a pot smoker than a coke head any day! Those who tend to use coke get rather blinded by their greed. Hello Wall Street anyone.

If we're talking about better/worse scenarios, how about this. What's better, someone using a bit of a "harmless" plant, to relieve pain/anxiety/stress/poor appetite, insomnia...and a multitude of other ailments.....or ingesting toxic, man-made, chemical substances, which are "habit forming" and potentially deadly.....well, techically....they ARE deadly. You'll likely die from system failure, due to the liver toxicity, progressively worsening heart and kidney failure, etc., but still....you'll die from them.

Indeed. Personally I like my options when it comes to seeking something to help cure anything that may be ailing me. But, unfortunately it pays to keep people sick, otherwise Big Pharma wouldn't continue to lobby against legalization the way that they do.

Take "legal" pain meds....say goodbye to your intestinal tract...seriously....say goodbye. They are toxic, man-made chemicals! When your intestinal tract goes...everything goes. Use proven, plant-based medicines, and your body actually recognizes the substances you're ingesting!

A couple of years back when I broke my elbow (in 3 places) I told the ER doc, and the orthopaedist that I went to the next day to get a permanent cast DO NOT give me opiates, I don't need them! Luckily it happened on a Wednesday, so I took Thursday and Friday off of work. Cannabis helped relieve the pain, and not to mention increase my appetite that I had a loss of due to stressing about my injury, which was me simply being a klutz (and no I wasn't under the influence when it happened).

What the "law" has decided to do is completely discriminate against the people who choose to use the medicinal herb "cannabis". They have made it illegal to use the plant, hence, anyone who does so is a criminal. We all know that it's stupid to hire known criminals, right? So....even if someone smoked weed 3 weeks ago, their drug test condemns them as "criminals". Right? They now are labeled as criminals, even if the only law they're breaking is...having a toke instead of a beer. Wow.....ignorance. LOL
It's hypocrisy, and nothing but BS propaganda spewed by the special interests who back in the day lobbied against it, and those who continue to do so today, because they are afraid that it will cut into their profits. And unfortunately there are still some sheep left who drink the "Reefer Madness" kool aide and swallow the propaganda that comes with it. However; the tide is turning.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:40 AM

3,147 posts, read 3,500,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am talking about people who prioritize drugs over work and they are the same people who are in process of relocating to Colorado only because they have legaliazed pot. It says a lot about their priorities, and we don't need people like that in Florida. Good riddance. They will choose to be unemployed no matter where they live, so rather there than here.
HA HA HA!

Are you trolling? Pot has absolutely nothing to do with willingness to work, just check out all these people who are more successfull than you are, despite smoking pot:

Top 50 Most Influential Marijuana Users

You do realize that people "Prioritize drugs over work" all the time with the drug alcohol which is a much more vicious drug. So yeah, send all the peaceful people my way, and you guys down in FL can keep all the violent drunks. Recent studies have shown alcohol to be the hardest drug that is used recreational, even harder than crack and heroin. It is not cool that you are happy to force the people in your state to have one option for altering consciousnesses, and that you support one of the HARDEST drugs being their only choice. (It is actually addictive too, unlike cannabis.)

But you think that Alcohol should remain legal and cannabis illegal because that is what your government masters tell you. (BTW you might want to let them know that their propaganda is out-dated and does not work to brainwash people anymore, well most people...)

Old 01-30-2014, 08:42 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Gay marriage and marijuana are both steamrolling towards legalization.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:02 AM

Quote:
People who prioritize drugs over work are the kind of people who prioritize drugs over work. Period. Sh*t, some people prioritize video games over work. Some people prioritize family over work. Why not illegalize ANYthing, that people prioritize over work. Oh, nevermind....that would mean making alcohol illegal too, wouldn't it?

Wouldn't it just be something, if...in order to have that beer after work, you had to keep it a secret from everyone. What if...in order to have that wine cooler, you had to meet someone secretly...make sure that no one was around to catch you, lest they call the cops and turn you in for having an illegal substance in your possession? What if you were forced, each and every morning before work, to put your thumb on a scanner, pi$$ in a cup and be fired from work, should your urine results come back, showing that you had had a drink before bed the night before?

That would be an infringement of your rights, wouldn't it? That would be making criminals out of innocent people, who aren't hurting anyone, right? If they have a drink once a week, or only on the weekends, it wouldn't really matter, right?.....because it would be illegal. If it's illegal, you're breaking the law. If you're breaking the law, you're a criminal, right? The prohibition of alcohol did nothing more than create more criminals and more crime. The prohibition of marijuana has done the exact same thing. The difference is, alcohol is far more dangerous and deadly than cannabis could ever hope to be.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:21 AM

Just a little food for thought......

Cannabis use associated with lower blood sugar....

Cannabis use associated with lower blood sugar | Fox News

Hence....people get the munchies...because cannabis lowers blood sugar...? yada yada yada? 2+2=4.

Have a drink of alcohol, it's immediately converted to sugar in the blood stream, raises blood sugar, increases the risk of obesity and diabetes, liver damage, cell death.

Yeah.....things are seriously, seriously, a$$ backwards here folks. It's called brainwashing and plain ole ignorance.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:24 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Or those people don't want to get locked up because people like YOU think they should. Jail is not the place you want to be.

It's not about prioritizing drugs over work its about not being able to make an educated decision about what you choose to consume.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:27 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
HA HA HA!

Are you trolling? Pot has absolutely nothing to do with willingness to work, just check out all these people who are more successfull than you are, despite smoking pot:

Top 50 Most Influential Marijuana Users

You do realize that people "Prioritize drugs over work" all the time with the drug alcohol which is a much more vicious drug. So yeah, send all the peaceful people my way, and you guys down in FL can keep all the violent drunks. Recent studies have shown alcohol to be the hardest drug that is used recreational, even harder than crack and heroin. It is not cool that you are happy to force the people in your state to have one option for altering consciousnesses, and that you support one of the HARDEST drugs being their only choice. (It is actually addictive too, unlike cannabis.)

But you think that Alcohol should remain legal and cannabis illegal because that is what your government masters tell you. (BTW you might want to let them know that their propaganda is out-dated and does not work to brainwash people anymore, well most people...)
Bill Gates stood out on that list

Gotta love all the people on that list who smoke and then lock people up for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies