Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 12:18 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Nope, neither will Cheney or the shrub.
Neither will Obama.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:21 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
He didnt commit any war crimes.

However there are some wingnuts on both the left and right, who need to be....well TOS of C-D prevent me from saying what they need.... that think he did something wrong.

He didnt. move along.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:48 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
THE REAL TALIBAN

Early in the Afghan War, 6000 POWs were taken by American led Northern Alliance forces. All were murdered. This is a fact, unreported, but verifiable and indisputable. The orders came, not from some local leader but the White House. America wanted a war “forever,” not one we could win, as we never wanted to win.
[CENTER]Winning a war means ending a war and when a war ends, the money stops.[/CENTER]
Breaking: Afghanistan – America

This is what we thought. Nobody imagined that America would build 98% of the world’s heroin empire there as well, an empire that has contributed to the 15 million Americans now in prison or under some aspect of custody.
With “privatization” of that industry, keeping heroin flowing into America has two benefits, it fills private prisons, whose owners fund the GOP and it keeps laundered corporate drug cash flowing into the GOP as well through “Citizens United.”
What has the US done in Afghanistan? It is simple.
We sent in special operations personnel, who joined with organized crime, a failed oil company hack, a group of burned out former communists and set up a dictatorship while building a drug empire.

Old 01-28-2014, 01:27 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,931,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
THE REAL TALIBAN

Early in the Afghan War, 6000 POWs were taken by American led Northern Alliance forces. All were murdered. This is a fact, unreported, but verifiable and indisputable. The orders came, not from some local leader but the White House. America wanted a war “forever,” not one we could win, as we never wanted to win.
[CENTER]Winning a war means ending a war and when a war ends, the money stops.[/CENTER]
Breaking: Afghanistan – America

This is what we thought. Nobody imagined that America would build 98% of the world’s heroin empire there as well, an empire that has contributed to the 15 million Americans now in prison or under some aspect of custody.
With “privatization” of that industry, keeping heroin flowing into America has two benefits, it fills private prisons, whose owners fund the GOP and it keeps laundered corporate drug cash flowing into the GOP as well through “Citizens United.”
What has the US done in Afghanistan? It is simple.
We sent in special operations personnel, who joined with organized crime, a failed oil company hack, a group of burned out former communists and set up a dictatorship while building a drug empire.
I think framing this in terms of GOP/DEM. etc... is inaccurate and inconsequential. It is very sad that so much money is made off of these kinds of things though. Really disturbing.
If you have not read Catherine Austin Fitts, you may find her writings of interest. She had a first hand inside view of many things.
Introduction - Dillon Read and the Aristocracy of Stock Profits

Old 01-28-2014, 08:06 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
They should be arrested, given a fair trial and competent legal counsel, and if found guilty, they should face a firing squad.

But, of course, these war criminals will get off scot free, and since they have no soul or conscience, they will consider it a victory.

Hell awaits them, and Saddam Hussein very well may have the last laugh.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:54 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times
I'm so sick of people obsessing about Obama. No other politician has ever been treated with such contempt & hatred.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:16 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,015,652 times
Quote:
I find it interesting ***some*** do not expect these false idols to be held personally responsible. personal accountability is something everyone must answer to in the end. Police state, 911/Patriot Act, and a violation of privacy. Its all a fact of life now in America.
exactly. Its Gods job...........

Old 01-28-2014, 11:00 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Donald Rumsfeld was one of the primary architects of the Iraq war. On September 15, 2001, in a meeting at Camp David, Rumsfeld suggested an attack on Iraq because he was deeply worried about the availability of "good targets in Afghanistan." Former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill reported that Rumsfeld articulated his hope to "dissuade" other nations from "asymmetrical challenges" to U.S. power. Rumsfeld's support for a preemptive attack on Iraq "matched with plans for how the world's second largest oil reserve might be divided among the world's contractors made for an irresistible combination," Ron Suskind wrote after interviewing O'Neill.

Despite PNAC (those unfamiliar can Google it) Rumsfeld and what has become of people in these illegal wars go against the Bible, and any people with a conscience.

karma is very real, according to any who have studied philosophy. How do they live with themselves?
what war crimes???

the only senior person convicted of a war crime in the last 25 years was Clinton

what about you current potus, who has carpetbombed and killed civilians in at least 7 other countries.....yet the left is silent

Old 01-30-2014, 07:37 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
It is important to remember that conservatism and conservatives were huge and I do mean huge cheerleaders for torture, for indefinite detention, for the Patriot Act, for the War on Terror, for giving the President expanded war powers, for the Department of Homeland Security, for the TSA, The war in Iraq, and they openly advocated for racially profiling at airports and closely monitoring Muslim Americans in this nation.

See conservatives to some extent especially conservative voters are trying to flush their craven support for the security state down the memory hole and claim it was both sides and now blah, blah, blah.

I remember, they wanted the War in Iraq, they craved that War. They loved the mission accomplished garbage. They wanted every bit of the NSA spying programs and all the rest.

Their hypocrisy on this issue knows no bounds and they'll probably get away with rewriting history cause they are such great liars.

Oh who me? I was always against the security state, I never supported the Patriot Act, I didn't think the war in Iraq was a good idea, I didn't support torture, I didn't support Gitmo, I didn't blah, blah, blah.

When conservatives are in charge, and they were when 911 struck, this is what you get. The authoritarian police state like mentality of conservatives was on full display back then.

And that is why so many people hated GWBush. We had good reason because of the security state, they spying the torture, all of it. I will never forget that what regular conservative citizens loved most about GWB was his War on Terror.

Good post.
I honestly think *some* conservatives had no clue about PNAC-those outside the beltway that is

They are finding out what its agenda was, now.
And PNAC agenda was far, far from Christian, indeed its more Luciferian.

Chossudovsky puts this in a comparative historical context and points out that the relevant provisions of the NDAA HR 1540 are, in many regards, comparable to those contained in the "Decree of the Reich President for the Protection of People and State", commonly known as the "Reichstag Fire Decree" (Reichstagsbrandverordnung) enacted in Germany under the Weimar Republic on 27 February 1933 by President (Field Marshal) Paul von Hindenburg.
Implemented in the immediate wake of the fire' designed to lead America into dictatorship [2]), this February 1933 decree was used to repeal civil liberties under the pretext of "protecting" democracy including the right of Habeas Corpus. Article 1Reichstag Fire (which served as a pretext — just like the Patriot Act after PNAC orchestrated the 9/11 'Reichstag of the Decree contained restrictions on personal liberty, expression of opinions, freedom of the press, right of association and assembly, the privacy of postal, telegraphic, and telephonic communications, warrants for house-searches, orders for confiscations, as well as restrictions on property rights.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:45 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,868,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post

I will never forget that what regular conservative citizens loved most about GWB was his War on Terror.
Until the "regular conservatives" realize that they were considered the terrorists.

Mission Accomplished!

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 01-30-2014 at 08:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies