Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 02:53 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Well, this is pretty misleading, to say the least.

Bush fell off the wagon and went on a wild bender, crashing our economy through a few houses, fences, jumped a pond or two, hit a couple elk, rolled it over, lit it on fire, sent it over the cliff, and tossed Obama the keys.
.....and Bush inherited Clintons stock market bubble and also the national private credit card debt explosion as well as the fallout of Clinton repealling Glass-Steagall and signing NAFTA.....after Clinton inherited Reagans bigtime spending, Carters general malaise and so on and so forth.

Just speaking of misleading....but blaming Bush is no more honest than heaping it all on Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 03:17 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,760,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
.....and Bush inherited Clintons stock market bubble and also the national private credit card debt explosion as well as the fallout of Clinton repealling Glass-Steagall and signing NAFTA.....after Clinton inherited Reagans bigtime spending, Carters general malaise and so on and so forth.

Just speaking of misleading....but blaming Bush is no more honest than heaping it all on Obama.
Sure, it is cumulative. But the person least to blame is Obama. He did not run the car off the cliff, but he had to clean up the carnage, with almost no help from the right. Bush is not solely to blame, of course, but largely. I mean the guy did pay for two wars with two tax cuts. As a mathguy you must know about foolishness.

All the stuff about Clinton, Reagan, Carter...ok, agreed. And good point.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:42 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
The economy is in the toilet for now the 7th year. I don't know who to blame. Maybe it is Obama's policies. Maybe it is Republican obstructionism. Not sure how I will vote this year, but it certainly won't be a Tea Party candidate. I'm hoping that a more moderate Republican will become available, but here in Georgia I won't put my bets on that.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:48 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
No matter how good the economy may get rightwingers will never give Obama credit for anything, they simply hate the man.
Unfortunately, we may never know.

Old 01-24-2014, 04:14 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,858,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
No matter how good the economy may get rightwingers will never give Obama credit for anything, they simply hate the man.

Obama has done nothing to lay the groundwork for a "boom", much less a decent recovery. Thankfully, this poor excuse of a leader has less than 3 years remaining. That's not really long enough to see a significant recovery, because the balance of 2014 is going to be pretty disappointing -- and that's due to Obama.

Do you wonder why the employer mandate was kicked out past the mid-term elections? Do you wonder why there have been so many changes to Obamacare? Do you wonder why it took $1 billion to build a poorly-functioning website?

Respect is earned at the presidential level by doing your job well. Respect is NOT earned by doing your job poorly, lying constantly, and pointing the finger of blame instead of growing a pair of testicles and saying "this was my fault."

It's easy to say "they simply hate the man", but there are MILLIONS of people in this country that do not tolerate being lied to. If Obama was the candidate you voted for, you need to accept the fact that he IS a liar. It's been documented far too many times to deny at this point. You can no longer turn a blind eye to the truth that the rest of us see.

Old 01-24-2014, 05:52 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Sure, it is cumulative. But the person least to blame is Obama. He did not run the car off the cliff, but he had to clean up the carnage, with almost no help from the right. Bush is not solely to blame, of course, but largely. I mean the guy did pay for two wars with two tax cuts. As a mathguy you must know about foolishness.

All the stuff about Clinton, Reagan, Carter...ok, agreed. And good point.
So what has obama done to fix anything bush did?

Please tell us......

Old 01-24-2014, 05:55 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So what has obama done to fix anything bush did?

Please tell us......
for one he has put in check the absolutely ridiculous financial institutions that put us in the financial crisis in the first place. You now need to show more credentials to qualify for a loan. And banks have to show more credentials before they can give out a loan.

He ended the war in Iraq, and has made even more progress in the war in Afghanistan.

He returned the super wealthy to a more fair tax rate to aid in deficit reduction.

Old 01-25-2014, 03:50 AM

510 posts, read 430,659 times
Fiddlehead what the hell happened with the stock market today?

Obama crony Yellen isn't inspiring confidence it seems.

And Moody's just downgraded their outlook for the entire US health insurance industry because of Obamacare.

Way to go retarded chocolate jebus. Here's to yet another year of economic stagnation, unemployment and FED funded 1 percenter bubble windfalls.

What a disaster.

Old 01-25-2014, 03:54 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Define booms?

Stock Market is up big under Obama, so is QE money creation to keep interest rates down, which helps the stocks.

Other numbers to look at since the "recovery" started:

-Decreasing Ratio of Full Time Jobs in Economy (Part time usually doesn't offer benefits)
-Increasing Poverty Rate
-Decreasing Median Household Income
-Increasing Number on Food Stamps
-Decreasing Labor Participation for those 25 to 54
Yup. My 401K is doing great but my job prospects suck. I think I'd rather have good job prospects and the stock market down. Whether or not I can retire depends on whether I have to hit my 401K before retirement age because I can't find suitable work.

I got another job offer yesterday that's a pay cut. I'll keep looking but I only have 5 months until this job ends and then I'm going to have to take what I can get. A lot of good my 401K doing well is going to do me when I have to start tapping it for living expenses.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:21 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabianS View Post
Obama crony Yellen isn't inspiring confidence it seems.
what's wrong with Yellen?

(I don't have an opinion, but you say she's a "crony", so i'm curious what your criticism is.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies