Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 08:01 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Most presidents are going to pick people they know for positions like these, if Obama was picking a buddy to run something like FEMA then I would have issue with that, but this is just being upset for the sake of being upset.
so you're saying that all that 'hopenchange' drivel was really just a bunch of.... drivel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 08:02 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Yahoo!

Obama promised no special access for big donors, no lobbyists in positions of power, etc...

Yet our newly nominated ambassadors can't even answer simple questions from McCain about the countries. Shouldn't our ambassador to a country know the country? How does this guy ignorant of major current Norwegian politics get the nod to be ambassador there? Oh yeah, he is a top Obama donor and fundraiser.

This guy didn't know that Norway doesn't have a "president", is a constitutional monarchy, and then botches up the question of the anti-immigration party in Norway.

John McCain was also befuddled how Obama's pick for ambassador to Hungary (another Obama big donor) couldn't name what the US interests were in the country.

Hope and Change was snake oil...we got more of the same.
He certainly is NOT the first by Obama.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:03 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
so you're saying that all that 'hopenchange' drivel was really just a bunch of.... drivel?
No, I am saying this is a non-issue. Obama isn't Jesus, he is still a politician and Hope and Change is called a campaign slogan that was very successful.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:04 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Again, what qualifications does one need to be the Ambassador in Norway? Is it a requirement to love skiing and coffee?
Again, you are missing the point. Obama SAID he would NOT do these things. But, you can keep on trying to deflect from the issue.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:07 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
No, I am saying this is a non-issue. Obama isn't Jesus, he is still a politician and Hope and Change is called a campaign slogan that was very successful.
so it was merely a slogan with absolutely no meaning behind it?

that's what i thought.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:09 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Because it is just an ambassador position to a non important seat, seriously, does the US ambassador in Norway do anything other than love living in Norway?
LOL so true. LOL
Ambassadors have been political appointees since the beginning and real qualifications are questionable.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:10 AM

26,457 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
So you admit that Hope and Change was hollow?

Obama supporters will go hysterical over this well sourced list of 539 examples of his lying, lawbreaking, corruption, cronyism, etc. | Dan from Squirrel Hill's Blog

Obama told America that he wouldn't do these things when he ran for the position. Everyone should call him out for it, rather than deflecting to shield him from consequences of his dishonesty. Politicians must be held accountable for the good of the country - I don't care if they are a heart throb.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Again, you are missing the point. Obama SAID he would NOT do these things. But, you can keep on trying to deflect from the issue.
Well in that case I am very outraged over this! Obama said a lot of things when he campaigned, all candidates do, the key is to hope they do most of what they say they will do, but it is naive to expect them to do everything they said they would do.

You are more than welcome to be outraged over this, but until the OP created a thread, I had no idea Obama was picking someone for this position...but then again, I couldn't tell you anyone or who picked them to be an ambassador because that is often times nothing more than a figure head position.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
so it was merely a slogan with absolutely no meaning behind it?

that's what i thought.
Did you think Romney or McCain's slogan meant anything?

Old 01-24-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So you admit that Hope and Change was hollow?

Obama supporters will go hysterical over this well sourced list of 539 examples of his lying, lawbreaking, corruption, cronyism, etc. | Dan from Squirrel Hill's Blog

Obama told America that he wouldn't do these things when he ran for the position. Everyone should call him out for it, rather than deflecting to shield him from consequences of his dishonesty. Politicians must be held accountable for the good of the country - I don't care if they are a heart throb.
Yes, Hope and Change was hollow when it comes to ambassador appointees because no one cares who ambassadors are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies