Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 10:37 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,953,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Glad to hear you guys aren't giving in. It's such a scam -- owners wanting new stadiums after 15 years or so, just so they can keep up with the (Jerry) Joneses.. And it's not like it's a win/win situation -- it's mostly a one-way deal where the billionaire owner realizes the gains, and the taxpayers are stuck holding the ever-expanding bill.

That's too bad the SB isn't going to be played in SD anytime soon -- the weather there in Jan/Feb is perfect.

It's a catch 22. Unfortunately if you don't pander to these elitist billionaire owners they will threaten to move the franchise. It happened here in Cleveland. Unfortunately those who get screwed are the fans, as well as all of the businesses such as the restaurants and bars who also lost a ton of revenue on gamedays due to the Browns 3 year absence. The Browns are now asking for the city to pay for upgrades to the new stadium to improve the fan experience. Here is a thought!!! Put a damn winning team on the field, and pay for your own damn upgrades!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 11:40 AM

37,763 posts, read 40,880,036 times
Why go to the stadium to sit in the nosebleed seats to see 2 teams you don't really give a hoot about except for some pool you're in and some singer hopping around in her underwear at halftime that's just a dot from your seats, when you can sit at home in your sweats in front a 50 inch HD color TV with your feet up, cases of beer, favorite cheap goodies, instant replays, friends and not worry about somebody behind you slobbering all over you, yelling in your ear, or picking a fight? No lines to pee, either.

Tell me it's not just to impress your friends to say you went to the Super Bowl because they'll all be talking about the commercials that you missed.

But seriously, I see sporting events going the way of the movie theater. It's actually more enjoyable to watch at home.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:54 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,953,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Why go to the stadium to sit in the nosebleed seats to see 2 teams you don't really give a hoot about except for some pool you're in and some singer hopping around in her underwear at halftime that's just a dot from your seats, when you can sit at home in your sweats in front a 50 inch HD color TV with your feet up, cases of beer, favorite cheap goodies, instant replays, friends and not worry about somebody behind you slobbering all over you, yelling in your ear, or picking a fight? No lines to pee, either.

Tell me it's not just to impress your friends to say you went to the Super Bowl because they'll all be talking about the commercials that you missed.

But seriously, I see sporting events going the way of the movie theater. It's actually more enjoyable to watch at home.

I'm inclined to agree. The ONLY way I would want to go to the Super Bowl really is if my team ever made it. Sadly, I'm not seeing that in the near future.

Old 01-27-2014, 12:05 PM

39,019 posts, read 51,043,821 times
This year features two teams from liberal cities playing in a liberal state. That is probably turning a lot of people off. It would be a good year to just ignore the game. Next year the super bowl will be back where it belongs in a red state and with any luck will pair up two teams from the heartland or the south east.

Old 01-27-2014, 12:06 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,658,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
This year features two teams from liberal cities playing in a liberal state. That is probably turning a lot of people off. It would be a good year to just ignore the game. Next year the super bowl will be back where it belongs in a red state and with any luck with pair up two teams from the heartland or the south east.
Yes, I'm sure that people who can afford to go to the Super Bowl carefully consider the politics of both team's home state. That must be at least #500 on their list of concerns.

Old 01-27-2014, 04:44 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,588,052 times
Quote:
This year features two teams from liberal cities playing in a liberal state. That is probably turning a lot of people off. It would be a good year to just ignore the game. Next year the super bowl will be back where it belongs in a red state and with any luck will pair up two teams from the heartland or the south east.
I don't think what you said even enters the mind of 99% of NFL fans. I think most NFL fans couldn't care less about the politics of certain states where certain teams are from in regards of forming an opinion on said team. I know none of that crap is even close to being on my radar for what I think good Super Bowl locations are and my preference for which team I root for.

Old 01-27-2014, 05:07 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,230,424 times
From where I'm looking the economy isn't all that bad.
The weather? I doubt it. Isn't it going to be in the 30's, at least on Sunday?

Old 01-27-2014, 05:09 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,230,424 times
Quote:
Seriously? Do you dream in terms of red and blue also?

Old 01-27-2014, 05:16 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,897,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
W

If you have a baby and get them on the list they might be able to obtain Green Bay season tickets by the time they die. There is similar waits for other teams. I don;t know if you have been to lively big league stadium like say The Linc in Philadelphia but it's an experience you won't forget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies