Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 06:17 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,229,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
My mother told me the other day that her heating bill is killing her. She asked I thought Al Gore said the planet was warming up. I told her "MA liberalism is a mental disorder once you understand that you understand liberals." She then said something in italian about liberals that i can't repeat on these board. Oh well you all keep warm including you global warming moon bats.

U.S braces itself for coldest month of the century | Mail Online

This is why the LA governor called his own party "The Stupid Party." It's like there's an alarm clock that goes off in short duration that reminds the conservatives, "Hey, it's time to channel Ron Burgandy!!"

Global warming includes temperature cooling. I repeat, Global Warming includes temperature cooling. It is extreme weather pattern. So guess what, what's happening now fits Global Warming to a tee!!

Also, which part of the word "Global" don't you understand?? "Global" doesn't just mean the east coast of the United States, ok? All you have to do is look in the other coast (the west coast) and you'll see basically the warmest winter ever!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2014, 06:38 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
This is why the LA governor called his own party "The Stupid Party." It's like there's an alarm clock that goes off in short duration that reminds the conservatives, "Hey, it's time to channel Ron Burgandy!!"

Global warming includes temperature cooling. I repeat, Global Warming includes temperature cooling. It is extreme weather pattern. So guess what, what's happening now fits Global Warming to a tee!!

Also, which part of the word "Global" don't you understand?? "Global" doesn't just mean the east coast of the United States, ok? All you have to do is look in the other coast (the west coast) and you'll see basically the warmest winter ever!!

Nuh uh. If they see snow outside their windows, it's not global warming, especially if said windows are in the USA.

Old 01-26-2014, 06:42 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Another "polar vortex" hitting today and predictions are for another to follow. This is so unusual, it must be caused by global warming. lol.
Global warming does predict changing weather patterns and the north pole is warmer than normal when a vortex comes down. Who knows. You'd have to look at the average temperature of the entire planet to tell. I would kind of like to know why we're seeing so much of this this year. Not that I need something to blame for my heating bills but I'd like to know if we're in for more of the same. Hopefully, it's just a fluke.

Old 01-26-2014, 06:46 PM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
The climate is changing colder, we'd better increase greenhouse gasses to compensate. A nice cool summer won't be bad, though.

Old 01-26-2014, 06:46 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,415,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yes, 98 was hot, but so what does that mean to you? It is just one year, and is meaningless when it comes to calculating long term climate.

1998 Revisited - YouTube
Define long-term. I can post data from NOAA which shows a long-term decrease in temps with intermediate warming and cooling periods.

Old 01-26-2014, 06:47 PM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
It still hasn't warmed in 15 years.

My link shows that.

But here is another. Start whining about the source. I klnow its coming

Procrastinating About The Global Warming ‘Pause’ | The Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF)
The Global Warming Policy Foundation is a think tank in the United Kingdom, whose stated aims are to challenge "extremely damaging and harmful policies" envisaged by governments to mitigate anthropogenic global warming....Can you say bias? I challenge you to find a neutral site with the same misinformation....

Old 01-26-2014, 06:51 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,415,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The Global Warming Policy Foundation is a think tank in the United Kingdom, whose stated aims are to challenge "extremely damaging and harmful policies" envisaged by governments to mitigate anthropogenic global warming....Can you say bias? I challenge you to find a neutral site with the same misinformation....
You posted a table that shows it hasn't warmed in 15 years. What's the debate at this point?

Old 01-26-2014, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Define long-term. I can post data from NOAA which shows a long-term decrease in temps with intermediate warming and cooling periods.
Long term is certainly not one year, or even one decade...What is generally used in the graphs is 1880 as a starting point..... The global temperature has risen 1.4f since then.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
You posted a table that shows it hasn't warmed in 15 years. What's the debate at this point?
What? I did no such thing...You are obviously not reading it correctly.

Here is one you may have less trouble with....Anomaly means degrees over the average...

Old 01-26-2014, 08:48 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,892,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
My mother told me the other day that her heating bill is killing her. She asked I thought Al Gore said the planet was warming up. I told her "MA liberalism is a mental disorder once you understand that you understand liberals." She then said something in italian about liberals that i can't repeat on these board. Oh well you all keep warm including you global warming moon bats.

U.S braces itself for coldest month of the century | Mail Online
Yeah, because 4 or 5 days of record low temps undoes decades of analysis and research...

I don't have much of a position on global warming because I haven't researched it all that much. Maybe it's true, maybe it's false, but anyone who thinks a few below average days in temperature undoes decades of findings supposedly confirming an increase in temperature around the world over time has to be a real gibblet head. Although, thats not surprising considering most of the people who doubt it also believe the world just "poofed" in to existence at the wagging of some sky daddy's finger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies