Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you going to watch the SOTU speech?
YES and I am a Democrat 11 11.22%
NO and I am a Democrat 5 5.10%
YES and I am unaffiliated with any party 16 16.33%
NO and I am unaffiliated with any party 37 37.76%
YES and I am a Republican 3 3.06%
NO and I am a Republican 20 20.41%
I'm not sure if I will watch or not/other (please explain) 6 6.12%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 10:49 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times

Advertisements

Democrats are so uninterested in the State of the Union that only 3 of them voted in the poll. LoL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 03:00 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,138,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Democrats are so uninterested in the State of the Union that only 3 of them voted in the poll. LoL!
Why should ANYONE watch? It's only going to be a repetition of more lies.

Old 01-28-2014, 03:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
I'll probably start watching it. Last year I fell asleep. The same thing will probably happen this year.

Old 01-28-2014, 03:14 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
I'm not sure what it makes you if you post on political forums, and won't watch a state of the Union Address.

It's not good, whatever it is. Basically proves you have an opinion formed by others, instead of yourself. Maybe a sheep?

Old 01-28-2014, 03:47 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times
Default What one important SOTU guest would ask Obama, if given the chance

Ft. Hood Victim Who Will Sit at SOTU Speech Reveals What He Would Ask Obama: ‘Mr. President, Why Have You…’ | TheBlaze.com

It is appalling that these victims of a terrorist attack have not been helped.

Quote:
He would ask Obama why the promises he made more than five years ago to take care of the 32 survivors and the families of the 14 people killed, including an unborn child, have not been fulfilled. He would ask his commander-in-chief to stand up for truth and reclassify the shooting as a terrorist attack. He’d ask him to honor the men, women and families with Purple Hearts and compensation like those who were honored in the Pentagon terrorist attacks and Boston Marathon bombings.

Lunsford wants to know why the Army he voluntarily enlisted in and the country he is willing to die for abandoned him and the other victims after the fallout. Lunsford, along with the other survivors of Ft. Hood, recently shared his thoughts with TheBlaze for a special that will air on TheBlaze TV’s “For The Record” (February 12, 8:30 p.m. ET). He and others like him will share how they’ve endured since the shooting, their stories of survival and the pain of feeling abandoned by their own government.

But tonight — in his Army dress uniform — Lunsford will sit in silence. He will listen to the president in the Capitol chamber as an honored guest of Texas Rep. Roger Williams (R), who has long supported the fight of Ft. Hood victims to be compensated for what he and many others lawmakers believe was a deliberate terrorist attack.

“I would tell the president what an honor it is to meet him. But I want the president, the country to know we are here,” Lunsford, whose 6-foot-9 stature will be hard to miss at the event, told TheBlaze as he made the long six-hour drive from his hometown in North Carolina to Washington D.C.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:56 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
We are almost there!!!!

Old 01-28-2014, 05:12 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I think we need a Constitutional Amendment to require (it's already optional) the SOTU report to Congress be a written report. The SOTU speech along with the (NOT REQUIRED) opposition response is nothing but theater, and poor theater at that.
^^This.

Haven't decided if I will watch or not - it's all so very tedious, no matter who is the President.

Old 01-28-2014, 05:28 PM

423 posts, read 414,756 times
All I can say to anyone considering watching this bull**** artist....get your wading boots and shovel at the ready.

Old 01-28-2014, 05:46 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,833,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
All I can say to anyone considering watching this bull**** artist....get your wading boots and shovel at the ready.
My prediction ...

Quote:
My fellow Americans ... blah blah blah blah blah blah ME blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah ME blah blah blah blah ME blah blah blah blah GOVERNMENT MUST blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah EVIL TEA PARTY blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah LET ME BE CLEAR blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah EVIL REPUBLICANS blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah TAXES ARE TOO LOW blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I SUPPORT ISRAEL blah blah blah blah INCOME INEQUALITY blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah NEW IDEAS blah blah blah blah blah blah blah EVIL RICH blah blah blah blah OBAMACARE IS WORKING blah blah blah blah blah blah I blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah ME blah blah ME blah blah blah blah blah blah (LONG PAUSE) blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah OBAMACARE IS WORKING blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah GOVERNMENT CAN blah blah blah blah blah blah blah YOU NEED ME blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I WILL DO WHAT I WANT IN-SPITE OF CONGRESS blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah CARING blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah CHANGE blah blah blah blah blah blah blah TOMORROW WILL BE GREAT blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah ...”
What did I miss?

Old 01-28-2014, 06:17 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
It will be more war against half the American people. And of course he will lie. The only thing he is good at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies