Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 04:55 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,514,876 times

Advertisements

His impeachment proceedings in 2015.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 04:55 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,578,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
his spending habits and snooping habits. and discuss these from a moral perspective.
Better watch what you say. President stompy foot might get mad.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:23 PM

4,838 posts, read 4,151,117 times
Lots of nonreplies on here, just the usual dancing around & insulting. Per the usual agenda for some on here. Anyway, I'm not sure what exactly I'd ask him. I'd probably mention the use of drones in our country, not a fan of that. I'd ask him what it's like to be president, what a typical day is like for him & his family. What has been the best & worst thing so far, the people he's met, etc.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:24 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,096,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Why discuss anything, he would just lie to my face the same as he does to yours.
This, though it's true of pretty much any politician.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:26 PM

n/a posts
I have more important things to do with my time..
I wouldn't.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:28 PM

34,258 posts, read 19,229,354 times
A discussion about guaranteed minimum income. probably 4 hours
A discussion about plutocracy damaging our government.
And then the rest of the time a discussion about (topic selected by highest bidder)

Old 01-27-2014, 06:44 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,143,674 times
More funding for Autism research.
Down size the military and apply the savings to our debt.
Ask him how he can justify foreign aid to countries that hate us when so many at home are hurting.
Invite him and his family to my place after he finishes his term as president. for a cook out. No politics, no press, no animosity. Just kick back and enjoy a day.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:52 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,778,816 times
I would ask him why the heck south side Chicago is not improving since he's always been understood to have stomping grounds there.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:56 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,435,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Boy, you WERE dreaming, weren't you?

Obama is interested in nothing but his agenda. Whe a conservative shows up, Obama has no interest in "taking his comments and concerns seriously". His only interest is in getting the conservative out of his face so he can get back to making laws to spread the wealth around and buy votes.

Sorry, in your dream you met someone who is not Obama. You'll have to describe him a lot more fully, so we can figure out who he really is... or, at least, what his intentions and agendas are. Only then can we even BEGIN to guess what we might talk about.

If we have a President who will even meet with a conservative for a day, half our problems would be solved already. If he would take the conservative's comments and concerns seriously, 3/4 of our problems would be already solved, before the first word is spoken in the meeting.

With Obama, 0% of the problems are solved... and talking won't alter that number.
To what I bolded ARE YOU SERIOUS ???? If that were the case than why didn't GWB and cheney SOLVE all the nations problems they did have 8 years right ? Seems to me a number of conservatives are failures.

As to the op's question, I would ask him the hell is he doing, I would ask him why did he give up on the single payer option. I would ask him why he felt it necessary to sign the NDAA into law, why continue bush's terrible policies. And why did he let down a large part of the population by not looking into the meltdown of 2008, why has there been no serious investigations into this. Why did he sqaunder away his first term doing nothing but bowing to the conservatives demands even though they hated him from day one. Why continue in Afghanistan when all we do is make others dislike us that much more. And I would also ask him for $30,000 to pay off my student loans and credit card bills so that I could be free to buy a car finally. One more thing I would ask is why aren't we putting more funding into schools and making it cheaper and much easier for anyone who wants to continue on to higher ed.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:02 PM

26,192 posts, read 14,803,498 times
I would give him a positive pep talk, I actually can be good at this.

-Without mentioning specifically that he broke promises from 2008, I would encourage him to fulfill some of the ones that he could still do on his own. He has a blank slate in front of him - use it.

-I would also encourage him to shoot for the moon with a big compromise offer where both sides give up something to move the ball forward. Fix Social Security OR offer a Balanced Budget Amendment for a joint Single Payer Healthcare Amendment OR etc... Even though it would probably fail...the effort is important...there is no progress without effort, future success comes from today's lessons from the failures.

I would also wish him success in his final 3 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies