Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 04:38 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
When did we stop looking out for each other?
January 20, 2009.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 04:40 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
january 20, 2009.
gmab!

Old 01-28-2014, 05:04 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
I went into the emergency room years ago, with a bad rash. Luckily for me the Doctors took my rash seriously. I had a rash all over extremely bad, mostly on my face, legs arms and head. I thought I was going to the big house right then and now.

Rashes very often lead to something much more seriously. Turned out with many test being done, I had a viral facial and flesh type bacteria. They knew immediately what to do. Started pumping me with to me everything they could think of. And watched me. The way they looked at my face scared the chit out of me, nurses said they had never seen a rash like mine. Scared me so bad, my heart raced even more. I was in the hospital for days, but these Doctors knew exactly what to do, and how much of whatever they gave me, started working on my rash. If they had not taken me in right then and there, my infection would have only gotten much worse.

I am grateful, after hearing other people and there complaints, I am grateful for California E.R. Doctors, which have always taken me or my husband with a emergency immediately. Within an hour, which is very good. Grateful very much

Don't know all the details to why this gentlemen died, but I find it very sad.

They told me after I had gotten better, they were worried about the infection on the face going to the brain. I also had facial cellulitis and a staph infection If they left me sitting there, for longer then what they should had, my husband would have been up and raising hell, which he did not have to do. The hospital was not a Community Hospital, it was Kaiser at that time, which these Doctors took the rash very seriously and so glad they did.

The nurses were so caring considerate and professional, they were so concern about my face, when they came into my room and check on me. I was so grateful to every one of them. Good Doctors, Good Nurses, Good ER are not all created equal. A couple of weeks prior we were in Vegas and State Line, the Doctor, felt I got my infection and staph infection in Vegas.
Don't know all the details as to why this Gentlemen died in a E.R. but that should not had happen, and I feel very sad for his family and for him.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:50 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
gmab!
Ok, that really was a bit of hyperbole.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:02 PM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Don't know all the details as to why this Gentlemen died in a E.R. but that should not had happen, and I feel very sad for his family and for him.
Then you can't say that it should not happen since you don't know the details.

Kinda of rude to insinuate that the staff essentially killed the guy without even seeing an autopsy eh?

Old 01-28-2014, 08:10 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
J News, Man dies after 8 hours in ER waiting room.
Only 8 hours?

He should have gone to a Canadian ER and waited 34 hours to die.

Not waiting....

Mircea

Old 01-28-2014, 08:45 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Only 8 hours?

He should have gone to a Canadian ER and waited 34 hours to die.

Not waiting....

Mircea
Only took 46 posts for you to show up and deflect with your Canadian bashing bullchit.

You getting spread a little thin these days defending your supposedly stellar clusterflop of a health insurance (oxymoron, as it does nothing of the sort) system?

Now you automatically default to Canada bashing right out of the gate? Find a new schtick Murky; your citizens don't give a rat's patoot about what goes on in Canada. It's your insurance mess they're concerned with, as well they should be, it just might be the death of them.

A couple more U.S. ER examples:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=5884487

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/emergenc...parks-outrage/

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/13/emergency.room.ep/

Last edited by BruSan; 01-28-2014 at 08:54 PM..

Old 01-28-2014, 09:37 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Ok, that really was a bit of hyperbole.
So was the post to which I was responding!

Old 01-29-2014, 05:42 AM

43,620 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
This has been occurring on a regular basis for a long time. Its not even news anymore.
Exactly. This isn't surprising news especially to anyone who has ever had to go to the ER especially if they haven't come by ambulance.

Old 01-29-2014, 06:52 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Exactly. This isn't surprising news especially to anyone who has ever had to go to the ER especially if they haven't come by ambulance.
Have you even read this thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies