Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2014, 01:13 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin_Muzik_NJ View Post
Stephen Hawking's new theory offers black hole escape - physics-math - 24 January 2014 - New Scientist

OOPS!!

This quote from Samuel Braunstein was rich...

Lmao....these are SCIENTISTS talking!!

Why are countries still being coerced to dump BILLIONS of dollars into this junk that is absolutely going nowhere?

So, black holes were proven with empirical evidence. But now they actually aren't and if they ARE in fact what we believe them to be...we might learn something from them, or not.
You seem to be trying to discredit Stephan Hawking and science in general.
Stephen Hawking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is that the point of this topic? As Mr Hawking isnt here to defend his science we can only speculate what the out come of a debate would be between you and him..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 12:23 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,208,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You seem to be trying to discredit Stephan Hawking and science in general.
Stephen Hawking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is that the point of this topic? As Mr Hawking isnt here to defend his science we can only speculate what the out come of a debate would be between you and him..
I'd be discrediting science only if QT actually WAS science.

80 years and quantum theorists still haven't resolved their hypothesis in line with the laws of GR. They've changed the definition of observation. They've marginalized the term "explanation". Isn't science supposed to test our intuition with accuracy? And as a society, we are nowhere near the point where this math is intuitive.

There would only be two outcomes in a debate with Stephen Hawking and everybody in this thread. (And I'd wager in the entire site)

1 - they would disagree out of ignorant skepticism

Or

2 - they would cede out of ignorant faith

That's it.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:45 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin_Muzik_NJ View Post
I'd be discrediting science only if QT actually WAS science.

80 years and quantum theorists still haven't resolved their hypothesis in line with the laws of GR. They've changed the definition of observation. They've marginalized the term "explanation". Isn't science supposed to test our intuition with accuracy? And as a society, we are nowhere near the point where this math is intuitive.

There would only be two outcomes in a debate with Stephen Hawking and everybody in this thread. (And I'd wager in the entire site)

1 - they would disagree out of ignorant skepticism

Or

2 - they would cede out of ignorant faith

That's it.
Then there are the other possible outcomes,

like disagreeing because of knowledgeable skepticicm,

or agreeing out of knowledge.

Your assertion that everyone on the site is ignorant is duly noted as the insult that you intended.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:50 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

Your assertion that everyone on the site is ignorant is duly noted as the insult that you intended.

Chin seems to be an elitist. My opinion or no opinion.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

Thanks to the awesome QM we can agree that all those possibilities are true at the same time. Until we open our mouths, then the result can only be one, BUT totally random.

Don't you love it?

It was not an intended as an *insult* but as a mere observation and not one limited to the scope of this site.

Quote:
And as a society, we are nowhere near the point where this math is intuitive.
Should have qualified that.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Chin seems to be an elitist. My opinion or no opinion.

I am. I am also not an elitist. Same for you!

Old 03-13-2014, 07:36 PM

18 posts, read 13,188 times
It is quite apparent that those on this forum who vilify me, particularly Vote_Chef, have no knowledge of the subject matter.

One does not need mathematics to prove that Hawking's latest claims are as spurious as all his previous writings on black holes and big bangs.

Hawking

Stephen J. Crothers

Old 03-13-2014, 08:31 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
I am laughing with you.

They never had any empirical evidence.

By the way these are theoretical physicists not scientists. They're like philosophers/theologians shaping reality with their mythamatics.

theoretical scientist don't want definitive proof on how the universe works, if they had all the answers they would be out of a job..

Old 03-13-2014, 08:34 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen J. Crothers View Post
It is quite apparent that those on this forum who vilify me, particularly Vote_Chef, have no knowledge of the subject matter.

One does not need mathematics to prove that Hawking's latest claims are as spurious as all his previous writings on black holes and big bangs.

Hawking

Stephen J. Crothers
you have one post and you are feeling vilified already? are you serious?

Old 03-13-2014, 08:41 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you have one post and you are feeling vilified already? are you serious?
And by me no less!

One might imagine a great and serious thinker would A) have better things to do; and B) know how to properly place a link in his message. Just sayin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies