Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think about what he did?
Do you believe he was right in what he did? 20 80.00%
Do you believe he was wrong in what he did? 3 12.00%
Do you believe he should be killed for it? 1 4.00%
Don't care 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 12:15 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Have you ever flown out of Israel? Do they force everyone to go through the ridiculous U.S.-type TSA screenings? No.
They don't and they are very good at what they do. They have to be but it's far more complicated than saying we should just do what they do.

I am against what we do. We are burning the house down to get rid of the termite's. With our legal protections and rights which we should protect we can't say "you there with the turban we are going to check you. You with the Yankee's cap go on your way".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 12:24 PM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
With our legal protections and rights which we should protect we can't say "you there with the turban we are going to check you. You with the Yankee's cap go on your way".
You are aware that Israelis don't profile based on race or clothing, no?

Old 01-28-2014, 12:36 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
Snowden would have been a national hero in the old America.
He is the real deal, a man willing to sacrifice personal gain and safety
for the freedom and knowledge of others.
This is why the greatest leader on the planet is protecting him,
and that's Vladimir Putin.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:41 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
that is one of the reasons I like him so much...he is the real deal....

unfortunately, most Americans do not want to know what is going on....
and the sad thing is, we paid the government to hire this man and pay him from our tax dollars.
So, now the government wants to kill him b/c he let Americans know what is going on, and he feels that our tax dollars were being wasted...see, we don't hear the truth from the Media...
and Obama just made some kind of bogus remark, that b/c of all this so called snooping, they thwarted terrorist attacks...I believe Snowden....Obama has lied way to much.

And...
Snowden had nothing to gain,much more, so much to loose, and already has...I mean the man is a hero in my book....and American's should be screaming Amnisty...leave him alone....what our Government has done in this case, is show how completely corrupt our government is...and they want to kill him, therefore, there is a whole lot more Snowden knows, they fear him, why else would they want to kill him...

is it any wonder other countries hate us, by what our government has done, oh, if we only knew.....we are the bullies....

Old 01-28-2014, 12:44 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
yes, but do you really think that Putin (and don't get me wrong, I like Snowden) but there is something in this for Putin, otherwise, he wouldn't have stuck his neck out so to protect Snowden....so, Snowden has probably shared some very top secret things with him or had to for amnesty. Maybe I'm wrong, but that is what I'm thinking...lets face it, his life was on the line, big time.

Old 01-28-2014, 01:01 PM

608 posts, read 482,361 times
Yes he was right. I said it when he did it and I say it now. He was 100% correct.

Old 01-28-2014, 03:19 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, but do you really think that Putin (and don't get me wrong, I like Snowden) but there is something in this for Putin, otherwise, he wouldn't have stuck his neck out so to protect Snowden....so, Snowden has probably shared some very top secret things with him or had to for amnesty. Maybe I'm wrong, but that is what I'm thinking...lets face it, his life was on the line, big time.
It takes a lot of new understanding to reckon why Putin agreed to harbor Snowden.
This means years of study and breaking up the brainwashing inflicted upon Americans
by the media/education/government/financial control establishments.
It takes a proper historical outlook on really who is Putin, what did he do, and why,
for Russians, who did he take power and money away from (the robber barons of perestroika)
and what type of Russia has he built ? Russia is a democracy, just like the US, they are
no less effective at representing the population than we are, perhaps even more accurately
does that government represent its people, and protect their interests. The IMF, Federal Reserve,
Bank of England, these are all controlled by a very small group, mostly of one tribe. Putin
threw them out after Yeltsin allowed them to gobble up Russia. They had plans for Russia
which Putin thwarted.. and they own the media in the US, which is why the media here
and our political establishment always portray Putin as a "dictator" who is "anti-freedom",
when in reality the Russian ruble is not controlled by that elite, like the US dollar is,
and the Russian government is an aid to the Russian citizen who let's face it, was going
to lose his country AGAIN, once to the Communists, and again to the foreign corporate
raiders, and liberal crowd we have here... this is why Putin promotes marriage (between
a man and a woman), among other healthy programs to bolster the Russian population.
Ghaddafi, Saddam, and Chavez both had similar efforts to help their people break away from
foreign domination, as does Assad... so remember if you do your research you will
discover there are two sides to every story, and increasingly often, such as with Putin's
stance against the orchestrated, illegal funding and promotion of foreign AL-Queda to
overthrow Assad which the US and Israel pushed, Putin emerged the victor and Syria
is better for it, after suffering through so much uneccessesary foreign attacks.
If it wasn't for Putin, we'd probably be in another war in the Middle East right now.
Here's a pretty good documentary to watch, it's from 2008, however it gives you
a reasonable portrayal of what is motivating the Russian nationalists, who want
Russia FOR Russians, are glad to have the Christian faith once more becoming
a strong influence in that country (as it is criticized, exploited, or vilified in the West)
and protectionist (a bad word according to brainwashed Americans) tendencies are
encouraged. Global Voices . FOR GOD, TSAR AND FATHERLAND | PBS

Old 01-28-2014, 04:41 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
Edward Snowdon Interview

You wanted comments on the Edward Snowden Interview?

I suggest it go something like this:

SNOWDEN: Hi, I'm Edward Snowden.

INTERVIEWER: You have the right to remain silent. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you.....

--------------------------------

Although, I've heard that those words are not spoken too often where he is now. Gee, that's too bad.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:02 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
Snowden has exposed the lies, the falsifications & the illusions that the country was believing.....
What more could he do?
My gosh, he's an American hero
And I absolutely love how Putin has backed him up....what a leader

Old 01-28-2014, 11:55 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Giving classified infomation to the Chinese and the Russians was wrong.
You can't prove he did it. And no one can confirm it. Even there is no any distant hint that Snowden gave something to China or Russia. It's only assumption and fears.

All right, I am not so naive, but I am pretty sure he didn't do that. And you know why? Edward Snowden is a PATRIOT of the USA. And by the way, Putin agreed to give him Asylum with the one condition : do not harm the russian-american relationship. Snowden wouldn't collaborate with the russian secret service and won't reveal anything to them. Russian sec.service protects him without asking him anything in return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies