Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 07:39 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Why the need for executive order?
Really ? You can't see what he's doing ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 07:39 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Why the need for executive order?
It's a political strategy to put pressure on Congress to raise the federal minimum wage.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:49 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
You know who will pay for this? The American people. This President understands economics like a two year old, but it is nothing more than buying votes
Again, I much rather bump up the salaries of those who get up on a daily basis and actually perform as oppose to the IDIOTS on both sides of the aisle that act like a bunch of 2 year olds.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:53 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Criminal mindset at work^
^^Patisan Ignorance at work^^^^

So its criminal as a tax payer to question Why these Politicians should get a bump in their salaries for doing ABSOLUTELY nothing, meanwhile those that actually put in the work barely scraping by?

Old 01-29-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
^^Patisan Ignorance at work^^^^

So its criminal as a tax payer to question Why these Politicians should get a bump in their salaries for doing ABSOLUTELY nothing, meanwhile those that actually put in the work barely scraping by?
Government contract workers are hardly "scraping by".
I posted actual wages in this thread from the DOL.

A federal cafeterial worker is making min $12/hour with a 2 week paid vacation and 10 paid holidays along with employer provided uniforms and employer provided funds to keep them clean.
This is in Mississippi, our poorest state.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:07 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
And again, apparently nobody here has ever heard of the Davis-Bacon Prevailing Wage Act (google it and learn something).
The last time I was working for a Federal Contractor was about 20 years ago, and at that time the Davis-Bacon wage was $13 - $15 per hour.
The EO, if and when he signs it, will be pretty much meaningless, an "OOOH, looky what I did!" gesture that accomplishes little or nothing.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
And again, apparently nobody here has ever heard of the Davis-Bacon Prevailing Wage Act (google it and learn something).
The last time I was working for a Federal Contractor was about 20 years ago, and at that time the Davis-Bacon wage was $13 - $15 per hour.
The EO, if and when he signs it, will be pretty much meaningless, an "OOOH, looky what I did!" gesture that accomplishes little or nothing.
The intent is not to boost salaries of those already making more than min wage.
The intent is to "allude" to boosting salaries and then daring Congress to do the same for the rest of Americans.

That is the intent all along.
This "look what I did" is fooling a lot of people.
The dumbing down of America has succeeded to the point that there are more low information voters willing to believe anything their party says as the gospel truth.

The emperor has NO clothes on.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:12 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Government contract workers are hardly "scraping by".
I posted actual wages in this thread from the DOL.

A federal cafeterial worker is making min $12/hour with a 2 week paid vacation and 10 paid holidays along with employer provided uniforms and employer provided funds to keep them clean.
This is in Mississippi, our poorest state.
And $12 an hour is enough to own your own home in MS. My MIL bought a cute little 3/2 house in rural TN making $11 an hour.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:15 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,668,342 times
Quote:
Apparently the President in particular and the Democrats in general are BLIND to the reality that their 'clever' antics of by-passing congress, changing the rules etc. to get what they WANT but cannot get through the normal constitutional structure.
Like when Reagan fired the air traffic controllers?

Old 01-29-2014, 09:16 AM

What's going to happen is up the min wage by Congress and then grant amnesty to 30 million undocumented Democrats and open the borders to thousands of new W-Visa workers and their families.

Those 16-24 year old Americans will never get entry level jobs to learn skills.

We're living a modern day "The Camp of the Saints".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies