Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 12:24 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Redistribution of the middle class wealth by the elite, guess what happens.

Why Obama's "Spreading the Wealth" will Fail - YouTube

Old 01-28-2014, 12:35 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
It is like watching the wealthy take from the middle class over and over.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:41 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
However, increased spending on infrastructure and government granted research does.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:54 PM

13,944 posts, read 5,615,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The wealthy don't take from the middle class. The middle class gives it to them.

Bill Gates became wealthy because everyone switched to Windows/Office/Outlook in around 1990-91? A few hundred million people gave him $50-200 at a pop for whatever product he produced that improved their personal productivity. he took nothing from them, but sold them all something they valued more than his competitors.

Name the absurdly rich person anywhere, and while their own wealth might have grown to even extreme levels, it will likely pale in amount to how much wealth they created.

A great example is when Lee Raymond was the CEO of Exxon Mobil. Yes, his retirement package was valued at ~$400 million. Yes, that sounds crazy. But during his tenure at Exxon, the stock price increased ~50% to around $59 per share. We are talking about millions of investors and billions of shares. His compensation, though sounding like a really massive number, is a pittance compared to how much wealth he created for Exxon's shareholders, which includes maybe half of all 401k accounts in the nation since Exxon is a very stable and reliable stock.

Wealthy people don't take it...they have it handed to them by people glad to do so.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:54 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Oh and a huge military industrial complex is awesome too!

Old 01-28-2014, 01:06 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
The wealthy don't take from the middle class. The middle class gives it to them.

Bill Gates became wealthy because everyone switched to Windows/Office/Outlook in around 1990-91? A few hundred million people gave him $50-200 at a pop for whatever product he produced that improved their personal productivity. he took nothing from them, but sold them all something they valued more than his competitors.

Name the absurdly rich person anywhere, and while their own wealth might have grown to even extreme levels, it will likely pale in amount to how much wealth they created.

A great example is when Lee Raymond was the CEO of Exxon Mobil. Yes, his retirement package was valued at ~$400 million. Yes, that sounds crazy. But during his tenure at Exxon, the stock price increased ~50% to around $59 per share. We are talking about millions of investors and billions of shares. His compensation, though sounding like a really massive number, is a pittance compared to how much wealth he created for Exxon's shareholders, which includes maybe half of all 401k accounts in the nation since Exxon is a very stable and reliable stock.

Wealthy people don't take it...they have it handed to them by people glad to do so.
Hey, if you are happy with the middle class giving to the wealthy and seeing little in return for what they give, that is your choice.

Though I question the comment on the amount of wealth that is created from the absurdly rich, unless you are well aware that the wealth that they create tends to go to the absurdly wealthy rather than the middle class.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:52 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
How do the wealthy take from the middle class? I don't see them stealing from anyone and they pay the pigs share of taxes. Could you explain how they are taking from the middle class?

Old 01-28-2014, 04:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
The middle and lower classes WILLINGLY give away their money to the likes of Gates and Walton and Koch.

And then have the gall to complain that their money is being "stolen".
ROFLMAO.

American "consumers" made them into what they are today.
But go ahead..keep spending your money and complain while they laugh all the way to the bank.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
However, increased spending on infrastructure and government granted research does.

It blows my mind that it has not crossed obummer's mind (he does have one, right ) that spending on infrastructure is a way to shore up the economy and give something to the people. We have bridges and roads crumbling across the nation. When you hire workers to fix the bridges, they ,in turn, buy goods which puts even more people to work. Instead we got a stupid check that was a flash in the pan and obammacare that is driving up the cost of health care and resulting in people having less money to spend which will cost even more jobs.

I really want to know who is controlling obummer and what their objective is. He came out of nowhere with zero experience and hasn't had a good idea yet but he got elected not once but twice. Someone is running his political machine in the background.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The middle and lower classes WILLINGLY give away their money to the likes of Gates and Walton and Koch.

And then have the gall to complain that their money is being "stolen".
ROFLMAO.

American "consumers" made them into what they are today.
But go ahead..keep spending your money and complain while they laugh all the way to the bank.
YUP. If the middle class doesn't like the rich having more all they have to do is stop buying things like smart phones.

Seriously, if the middle class stopped buying luxury items and started using what they have until it's worn out/used up, they'd have a lot more change in their pockets and the rich would have less. Yes, the rich exploit that the lower classes are stupid with money but that's really the fault of the lower classes. I'm not rich but I've taken care of what I've earned and I did it by wearing my clothes until they need to be replaced, driving my cars until they die and not running right out to get the latest technology. I'm perfectly happy letting someone else shell out big bux for a new iphone. I'll buy your used one if I buy one at all. I don't need a computer in my pocket...but I come from a generation that can think without googling things.

Unfortunately, I can't rep you....I'll get you later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies