Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2014, 10:07 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,603,621 times

Advertisements

HuffPost Live

You should've voted for Roseanne Barr
Listen to her address the union - The divided states of America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 10:12 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I can't believe any of you think that the president runs this country, regardless of which party he used to get their. Corporations run this country, we have a capitalist government who has feed the monster to the point of no control.

If you want to vote toward something that will actually come true look and see what the big corps want, vote the same and see it happen like magic. Otherwise you will just continue to be disappointed because no president can win without payback. Corps have one hand on you and one hand on the presidents balls.

The only people who can take down the monster is us, but we would have to throw greed aside so you can see what a challenge it poses. I for one think getting rid of big government would at least get rid of one hand on balls. lol

Welcome to independent voting, just go independent and keep your vote out of the propaganda game. It might not change anything but at least you'll feel better.
Just how does the big corporations run the country?????.. doesn't the government regulate big business.. Oh yes, big business will lobby , which I think is just bribes and our elected officials including Obama take the bribes . If they didn't take the bribes , big business has NO INFLUENCE..

If a police officer takes bribe money they are dirtier than the one giving the bribe.. if one cannot be bribed, they have all the power.. the elected officials have that power to be bribed or not.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:15 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
I think Obama is idiotic... in his SOTU, he says that raising minimum wage to $10.10 will get people out of poverty... people in poverty make minimum wage... no matter what the minimum wage is, they will always be in poverty because they only make minimum wage...

Old 01-29-2014, 10:19 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
...the anarchist crowd in Congress...
Do you have any idea how stupid that statement is, and why?

Old 01-29-2014, 10:25 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
It's partially Obama's fault, but his presidency has also revealed deep flaws in our Republican system, where the balance of power can, in the right circumstances, allow a small group of people elected by a small percentage of the country to effectively void all functions of the US government.
Oh bull.

Clinton was IMPEACHED by a Republican house, and he STILL managed to work with them and get the peoples' work done.

The division we see today in politics, as well as among the citizens of this country, is intentional. Obama's entire life has been spent pitting one group of people against another. Why would anyone believe that he'd treat this job any different? If anything, his election (and re-election) prove to him (in his own mind) that people WANT this divisiveness.

Obama doesn't want to work with Republicans. He wants to force through his own agenda, without any input from the other side (e.g. Obamacare), and when the other side complains, he uses that to chastise them for being "obstructionists." It's engineered politics, and while Obama is very good at it, it doesn't do anything positive for the country.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:33 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Oh bull.

Clinton was IMPEACHED by a Republican house, and he STILL managed to work with them and get the peoples' work done.

The division we see today in politics, as well as among the citizens of this country, is intentional. Obama's entire life has been spent pitting one group of people against another. Why would anyone believe that he'd treat this job any different? If anything, his election (and re-election) prove to him (in his own mind) that people WANT this divisiveness.

Obama doesn't want to work with Republicans. He wants to force through his own agenda, without any input from the other side (e.g. Obamacare), and when the other side complains, he uses that to chastise them for being "obstructionists." It's engineered politics, and while Obama is very good at it, it doesn't do anything positive for the country.
Obama learned it well to divide for power.. This is what he learned as he sat in church each week as the Rev. Wright pitted blacks against whites for power and his congregation grew to 6 thousand..Black Liberation theology , divisive and hateful and resentful the message was, fed the crowd through caring for their cause and hating America.. Obama learned it too well.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:36 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,670,759 times
I have been disappointed with his unforced errors. However, until people decide to change the conversation, the only candidates we will ever get to choose from are worse and worst. If you are voting based on gay marriage, gun rights, the Bible, race or whatever unimportant issue that only seeks to distract us from our true interests, this will keep happening.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:40 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,387,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenbear5599 View Post
I was in my mid 20's and got caught up in the Bush hate. But also the propaganda about voting for Obama being some kind of message to the rest of the world that we had learned our lesson. Another layer of it was cultural supremacy. I was dooped by the National Media into thinking the Republican party was racist and electing Obama would somehow reflect on the USA being some kind of forward thinking society. Lastly I fell for his never ending promises.

6 years later, I am ashamed

Nice try...

Old 01-29-2014, 10:44 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I have to agree with you. McCain was as bad as it gets.

2008 was the worst choice ever. My two most disliked candidates in U.S history running against each other.

Old 01-29-2014, 11:03 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,782,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
I have been disappointed with his unforced errors.
Especially the ones that he doesn't understand were "errors".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies