Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 11:08 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,173,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
TRANSLATION: I can't refute anything she said, but I hate it anyway. So I'll call her names, employ ad hominem attacks on her, and hope that someone believes me anyway.
Saying she was embarrassing & painful to watch is calling her names? Why are cons so delicate? Toughen up buddy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 11:17 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,503,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
I can refute something she said. I want to know more details about the lady in Spokane whose premiums supposedly increased $700/month. Details, please.
When you find out what kind of health insurance she had, you'd find she bought a box of Band-Aids last month and thought that was adequate coverage!

Old 01-29-2014, 11:34 AM

2,479 posts, read 2,218,519 times
Default Yeah, that is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I only watched one of the rebuttals with the congresswoman, it was basically nothing but hollow Republican talking points. She kept saying that the Republicans have a plan over an over, but never once said anything about what that plan is, but did a lot of those feel good phrases that Republicans swoon over.
Cathy "response" to the POTUS speech was directed to Republicans, or at least her "one-third" of the party.

I wonder, now that the IRS has been found out to be rat F**k**g the tea party types, and presumably the tea party has received tax exempt status for their grass roots organizations by now?, will this third of the republican party have a seat at the table in the primaries?

Old 01-29-2014, 11:38 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,200,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
I can refute something she said. I want to know more details about the lady in Spokane whose premiums supposedly increased $700/month. Details, please.
I'm still waiting for details about how ACA was supposed to reduce premiums by $2500 per family..

Old 01-29-2014, 11:38 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,842,754 times
the diversity responses are bs. The GOP is 1 party and can only survive as one party. you can say oh we have diversity of opinion, you don't, you have different parties within fighting to see which will be the dominant ideology. not good if you seriously want to win in 16.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:36 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,237,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
the diversity responses are bs. The GOP is 1 party and can only survive as one party. you can say oh we have diversity of opinion, you don't, you have different parties within fighting to see which will be the dominant ideology. not good if you seriously want to win in 16.
There si no diversity of opinion with the democratic party, follow the dear leader is all there is. The Republicans have various voices and they will come together

Old 01-29-2014, 12:55 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,909,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Rand Paul, Mike Lee, McMorris. This party is already split between the Tea Party and the GOP, and I think we'll see a complete split between the 2 in the next couple election cycles.
don't you wish, don't count on it. Do you remember a time when the Dems were split? It wasn't that many years ago......splits are not all bad, it is better to have more than one view on issues.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:57 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,909,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The problem is the Republicans have no idea of what to do or how to do it.

3 responses to a yearly speech is ludicrous. I only saw one- McMorris' speech was nothing but self promotion. It was the GOP's messy disarray in living Technicolor, for sure.
I have to agree: we don't need 3 responses unless each responder is asked outright, what did you think? What is the alternative etc? I do think it is ok for the party to show some diversity. Not all members have to agree on everything, I just think we need to step back and take a good look at what we are thinking.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:33 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,357,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Correct. The President's speech never focused once on the Republican attempt to connect with the "mommy" vote.

I'm not a 13 year old girl, so I don't know what "ITBTFL" stands for.
Pathetic deflections are fun. Please keep it up.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:36 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,357,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
The Republican response is the most meaningless act imaginable. The cycle is the same: President Obama makes an extraordinary speech which essentially tells the American people that his polices are working and his vision superior. The Pubs then soil themselves. They then give a pathetic response which is a desperate and futile attempt to recover, while they try to clean themselves up.

Pubs stink.
That's funny because his polices aren't working and he has no vision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies