Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 01:34 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
And yet, in all that time you never became a good person who could refrain from calling a woman he doesn't even know a "skank." It is a deep shame that after all that service you ultimately turn out to personally be such an embarrassment to the uniform.

Guess what? She has still accomplished more in her life than you could ever aspire to.

I suspect that she has no problem whatsoever looking herself in the mirror.
Very few people of questionable moral character do have a hard time looking at themselves in the mirror. They have an infinite capacity to justify their own misdeeds while claiming to be good people.

She has accomplished much, but at the expense of others and the nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 01:35 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Very few people of questionable moral character do have a hard time looking at themselves in the mirror. They have an infinite capacity to justify their own misdeeds while claiming to be good people.

Nice attempt at deflection.

Now, what is your opinion on what HD was actually posting about: DoDguy's reference to Ms. Pelosi as a "skank"?

Old 01-31-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Thank you. Can't rep you at the moment.

I guess I'm just old-fashioned and silly, because no matter how hot the political arguments get here, I can never quite accept the sexual and personal filth that's posted here by many of the righties. I can't even quite believe the way they then defend themselves when called on it, and the complete lack of embarrassment or shame.

The only people I ever heard of who had similar lack of shame are the kind who hang out in tenements and alleyways, smoking crack and planning their next drug buy.
So you will be sure to make a similar post when the left attacks women who are conservatives? Did you miss the hundreds of posts from the left that attacked Palin? Calling her a bimbo etc.
Pelosi has earned her share of scorn, all career politicians have.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:42 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
So you will be sure to make a similar post when the left attacks women who are conservatives? Did you miss the hundreds of posts from the left that attacked Palin? Calling her a bimbo etc.
Pelosi has earned her share of scorn, all career politicians have.
Of course. But sexual innuendo is out of bounds for anyone. I notice that for all the ugly things said here about Obama, no one ever calls him anything sexually related. Funny how it's just women who are subjected to it.

And I see you refuse to answer my question about how you feel about someone calling Ms. Pelosi a "skank." You approve, I take it?

Old 01-31-2014, 01:45 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Ironic post is ironic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01
An opinion apparently not shared by the good people of the 12th Congressional District who have reelected her repeatedly since 1987.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Nice attempt at deflection.

Now, what is your opinion on what HD was actually posting about: DoDguy's reference to Ms. Pelosi as a "skank"?
No deflection. HD claims that somehow because Pelosi has achieved more than a certain poster that she is above that posters reproach. Many achieve a great deal in their lives. That alone doesn't qualify them as good people or respectable people. Pelosi has in fact used her position to further her own personal wealth, her excuse is that was allowed. Otherwise known as insider trading for all us common folks.
AS for calling Pelosi a skank. She may well be a skank, I don't know her that well to say. Are you equally outraged by the personal attacks by the left against Palin, Ann Culter and the other conservative women of note? If so great, but somehow I think not so much. You'll note that I didn't and don't use those terms. Liar? Yes. Hypocrite? Yes. Elitist snob? Yes.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:46 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Of course. But sexual innuendo is out of bounds for anyone. I notice that for all the ugly things said here about Obama, no one ever calls him anything sexually related. Funny how it's just women who are subjected to it.

And I see you refuse to answer my question about how you feel about someone calling Ms. Pelosi a "skank." You approve, I take it?
wow you are so freakin blind it's pathetic. The left attacks woman all the time.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Ironic post is ironic.

An opinion apparently not shared by the good people of the 12th Congressional District who have reelected her repeatedly since 1987.
Many have supported corrupt politicians. Opinion doesn't equate to fact. They may approve of her and many do not.
Ironic post.
Do you deny that many people of questionable character have no problem looking at themselves in the mirror?
I doubt that Hannity, limbaugh or Beck have a problem with the mirror. I don't consider any of them to be model citizens either.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:51 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Because I think she sux and is an over-botoxed raving whackjob.
So let's hear it!
COME AT ME!
she has a lot of money and a lot of grandkids, does that count?

Old 01-31-2014, 01:51 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:

Matthews Says The Only Reason Hillary Became A Senator Is Because Bill "Messed Around"
Chris Matthews - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MSNBC’s Martin Bashir argued that the former Alaska governor is an “outstanding candidate” to receive the same horrific “dose of discipline” that a slave endured in the 1700s.
MRC's Notable Quotables: MSNBC's Disgusting Attack on Sarah Palin | NewsBusters

Attacks on Mia Love
New tone: Mia Love targeted by vicious racist mailings, called ‘anchor baby’ by Mother Jones

Liberal Madison Talk Show Host Calls Condi Rice Aunt Jemima!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies