Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,544 posts, read 16,528,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
How does male or female matter here? Pelosi was ranked 6th. How does class warfare play in here? These individuals are supposed to be "public" employees.

Does govt regulating companies they are also invested in not concern you? Especially when you are subsidizing it?
This thread was not started to ask about the bold and you know it.

As the other poster said, there are are 5 to 15 members of the House who are richer than Nancy Pelosi depending on what site you use, why single out her ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 06:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
My guess for the same reason Romney was singled out; political spin. But then he never said he promoted wealth sharing and acknowledge capitalist system was his thing ;quite different from Pelosi and reality.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:32 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,544 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Do you get confused when John Boehner gets singled because clearly....they hate that he is a man?

You are posting in a political forum and you cannot figure out the motivation for someone to select Nancy Pelosi?

Wow.

Secret Hint: It must be because she's a woman! shhhhhh! That's why people hated Palin too....because she was a woman....lmfao.

Serious question though, I have to ask because I went to college with a gal that claimed this. Do you feel rockets are designed that way because of aerodynamic properties or because guys just like to make things phallus shaped...engineering be darned?
Its not really a question of why her, but why the thread in the first place.

The logic of the people on this forum seems to be you can not be rich and also argue for a higher minimum wage.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:05 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
This thread was not started to ask about the bold and you know it.

As the other poster said, there are are 5 to 15 members of the House who are richer than Nancy Pelosi depending on what site you use, why single out her ?
Why to ask about a particular person is a good question, but I can think of many reasons not related to the points mentioned. And I disagree. I think this is directly related to govt employees profiting from and regulating companies they are invested in. I consider it a conflict of interest. It took me all of 2 minutes of scanning to pick up some glaring issues with delaney. I am sure there are many , many more. This is not limited to congress, however. Class warfare has nothing to do with this.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:29 PM

78,333 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Its not really a question of why her, but why the thread in the first place.

The logic of the people on this forum seems to be you can not be rich and also argue for a higher minimum wage.
Actually, if you read the thread title it's how the big fish are making a butt load of money while by most metrics the poor and middle class are losing ground.

I mean dear god, the whole meme of class warfare and 1%'ers throughout the 2012 election and thereafter and you can't follow why Pelosi would be targeted?

Minimum wage is really just a red herring, boosting the wage a couple bucks doesn't change the fact of the stagnation for the middle class making $20/hour or more importantly all the manufacturing jobs that went overseas and haven't come back.

The min wage is an allocation issue, I personally am not against some sort of inflationary increase to it given it's been a while since it was increased....but it's not fixing the root problem.

Are you a NAFTA supporter by the way? An off-shoring, anti-union type?

If not, why do you vote for NAFTA signers?

Old 02-02-2014, 06:21 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,796 times
Nancy Pelosi--Queen Of The One Percenters!

Sounds like a bumper sticker, doesn't it?

Old 08-02-2014, 08:14 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Also misogynistic. Why single out Nancy Pelosi when there are ten guys wealthier than she is, and the two wealthiest are republican men?

The 50 Richest Members of Congress — 112th : Roll Call
Ok. Anyone that cheers and supports politicians who tell you that siphoning more money from the people is an imbecile... stupid asses.

Old 08-02-2014, 08:44 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
While she and Obama railed against and raised taxes on small business people making $200k (before taxes) and while the economy was in the tank Nancy Pelosi's net worth skyrocketed 62%, to a jaw-dropping $35.2 million, according to financial disclosure forms.

Pelosi's net worth is Net Worth: $26.4 Million

Nancy Pelosi Net Worth - TheRichest
Obama has cut taxes for small businesses and middle class families.
Barack Obama said he's cut taxes for 'middle-class families, small businesses' | PolitiFact

And republicans are blocking all tax cuts and aid to small business.
GOP Blocks Senate Small-Business Tax Cut Bill : Roll Call News
Senate Republicans Block Small Business Aid Bill - DailyFinance

And we live in a capitalist country and Nancy Pelosi is free to make money, did she make it unethically?

Nancy tries to raise min wage, give the middle class tax cuts, and get everyone health insurance (she is one of the cool rich people.)

And republicans are also blocking Obama's/Pelosi's tax cuts for the middle class.
GOP Senators Reject Tax Cuts for Middle Class - CBS News

Old 08-02-2014, 08:47 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Mccaul (R Tx) reported a net worth of $12 million in 2005. Today he reports a net worth of about $305 million and is the wealthiest member of Congress

So what.

Old 08-02-2014, 09:08 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
2009 was simply one of the very best low opportunities since the early '80's. And most any rich, or elite or politician paying attention could/should have made huge money since then. She made money because she was all three, and invested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies