Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2014, 06:15 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,823,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Your own link says there will be a loss of 2.5M jobs

The only difference is, it goes on to suggest thats ok because people will quit thereby reducing the unemployment rate, because they will leave the job market TO COLLECT WELFARE..

Hey mr bob.. according to your argument, the US Government should give every american $1M and we should applaud it because people will quit their jobs and thats a good thing..

tell me Mr Bob.. WHY ARENT THEY GOING TO BE REPLACED BY OTHERS? .
CBO doesn't say that, but you know that. By the way, when did the Repub Party start openly saying people should not be allowed to make their own choices. I thought that was supposed to remain a hidden tenet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 06:44 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,394,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
CBO doesn't say that, but you know that. By the way, when did the Repub Party start openly saying people should not be allowed to make their own choices. I thought that was supposed to remain a hidden tenet.
Bob, people making their own choices is one thing, and it is a Republican tenet. Taking from some to pay others not to work? All Democrat, all the time--and completely different.

The vast machinery of Obamacare continues to surprise with its unintended consequences that will leave us poorer as a nation. The encouragement of a dependent class that chooses increased dependency over work? Amazing.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:50 AM

30,023 posts, read 18,596,563 times
Quote:
Choices are perfectly fine and should be applauded. Given that, why can't people have "the choice" to not participate in Obamacare?

The "choices" you are celebrating-

1. increase the number of unemployed
2. reduce the tax base and thus revenues
3. transfer the cost of maintaining these citizens to other working citizens
4. continues with the NON VOLUNTARY transfer of wealth from the working to the non-working
5. reduces the aggregate prosperity of the nation

Libs are getting more and more curious- poverty and reductions in the standard of living are CELEBRATED as a positive, rather than a contined reflection of Obama's disasterous policies.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:56 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,401,256 times
Quote:
We all want to see proof that you've given your salary to someone else so that they have the freedom to choose hat they want to do because if you don't give your money to someone else so that they can be FREE to do whatever they want then that will make you a hypocrite.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:01 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,670,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealrm View Post
The main reason is that lower income people will choose to accept government handouts rather than work additional hours to support themselves. Just one more instance of the government rewarding laziness and sloth at the expense of those willing to work.

Of course Obama is in high damage control, spitting out more lies and half-truths.

CBO: Obamacare Will Lead To 2 Million Fewer Workers In The Labor Force By 2017

there are people who work solely to maintain access to group health insurance. if these people are leaving the labor market, it is a good thing for the economy, not a bad thing.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:04 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,670,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Hmmm, borrowing money from China to pay people to not work...what could possibly go wrong?
we borrow mainly from the u.s. central bank. occasionally china chooses to buy dollar-denominated bonds, for their own sake, not ours.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:47 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
I read an article this morning and the CBO nailed it.
People getting subsidies can lose anywhere from $12,000-$20,000 in subsidies if they earn $1 over the income cap.
And even those under 400% FPL can lose thousands in subsidies if they go $1 over and are bumped into a higher income group with a lower subsidy.
That could be one bonus check, a few hours of overtime, a raise or any other factors that might cause you to earn more..even dividend payments on your stocks.

Just like welfare benefits…earn $1 more and you lose thousands in government subsidies.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ce_778743.html

Old 02-06-2014, 08:19 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,394,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
People getting subsidies can lose anywhere from $12,000-$20,000 in subsidies if they earn $1 over the income cap.
And even those under 400% FPL can lose thousands in subsidies if they go $1 over and are bumped into a higher income group with a lower subsidy.
That could be one bonus check, a few hours of overtime, a raise or any other factors that might cause you to earn more..even dividend payments on your stocks.

Just like welfare benefits…earn $1 more and you lose thousands in government subsidies.

Watch Out for Obamacare's Subsidy Cliff: Earn $1 More in Wages, and You Could Pay $20,000 More for Insurance | The Weekly Standard
Be all that you can be.

Unlock the highest fraction of your own potential.

Make the most of what you have to work with.

Oh wait, first check to see if Obama will pay you to be less than you can be, bribe you to leave some of your potential untouched, entice you into doing less than your best.

Are there any ACA supporters who see a problem with this? There can be no doubt any longer--our society will be poorer as a result of the incentives built into the ACA. Time to reform the reform!

Old 02-06-2014, 08:34 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,730,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
there are people who work solely to maintain access to group health insurance. if these people are leaving the labor market, it is a good thing for the economy, not a bad thing.
So you are telling me these people are wealthy enough to retire yet work part time only to get covered?

I highly doubt most of the people that fall in this category are wealthy enough to retire.
These people are the takers in society who will now get subsidized healthcare while I work full time to earn a salary and earn employer healthcare.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:36 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,730,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Watch Out for Obamacare's Subsidy Cliff: Earn $1 More in Wages, and You Could Pay $20,000 More for Insurance | The Weekly Standard
Its ok- I will work my ass off so the moochers can "retire" and spend more time with their familes.

Just imagine if every American quit their career and just lived off the government?
By Harry Reid's line of thinking that should have no problem working!

Oh wait - then there would be no government left- because no one would work and there would be no tax revenue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies