Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2014, 12:18 PM

88,740 posts, read 44,552,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
I didn't say anything about your president or his race.
It's the same mentality. You may not be aware that Obama identified his spiritual mentor of over 22 years as a certain racist minister at Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ, a Black Liberation Theology church based on the theories of James Hal Cone, who is also a racist.
https://web.archive.org/web/20080325...ing_points.htm

Cone: "All white men are responsible for white oppression. Theologically, Malcolm X was not far wrong when he called the white man 'the devil.'"
Living Stones in the Household of God: The Legacy and Future of Black Theology - Google Books

Old 02-06-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
If Intelligent design has no relation to creationism, why is always injected into argued along side creation v TOE debates.
Good question. It's usually the people who erroneously conflate the two who make that error.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:29 PM

15,082 posts, read 14,287,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's the same mentality. You may not be aware that Obama identified his spiritual mentor of over 22 years as a certain racist minister at Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ, a Black Liberation Theology church based on the theories of James Hal Cone, who is also a racist.
https://web.archive.org/web/20080325...ing_points.htm

Cone: "All white men are responsible for white oppression. Theologically, Malcolm X was not far wrong when he called the white man 'the devil.'"
Living Stones in the Household of God: The Legacy and Future of Black Theology - Google Books
I thought righties believe that Obama is a Kenyan Muslim. Muslims don't go to church.
I wish you guys would make up your minds.
Pick one.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:32 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,659,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I thought righties believe that Obama is a Kenyan Muslim. Muslims don't go to church.
I wish you guys would make up your minds.
Pick one.
He's multi denominational.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Obama himself specifically stated Rev. Wright was his spiritual mentor for over 20 years.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:34 PM

15,082 posts, read 14,287,181 times
Quote:
Obama himself specifically stated Rev. Wright was his spiritual mentor for over 20 years.
So, he's not a Muslim?
Then why do righties keep insisting he is?
Perhaps it's advantageous to say he's a Muslim to bolster an argument, and say he's a Christian to bolster another one, depending on the weather.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:43 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,278,759 times
Quote:
It's the same mentality.
No. Your president or your opinion of him has nothing to do with anything anyone else is talking about here.

Quote:
You may not be aware that Obama identified his spiritual mentor of over 22 years as a certain racist minister at Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ, a Black Liberation Theology church based on the theories of James Hal Cone, who is also a racist.
Are you sure you're in the right thread? I don't care about your hangups over having a black president even if they mattered. Which they don't.

Right wingers are so strange.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:47 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,925,964 times
Quote:
Good question. It's usually the people who erroneously conflate the two who make that error.
I would then start a thread making that assumption and set out to prove the difference, then creationists could argue against the contention.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:48 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,278,759 times
Quote:
While it doesn't have anything to do with your efforts to push creationist garbage, I have to say I was pleased and amused by the Rev. Wright's comments. I don't think he's vitriolic enough, actually.

Nothing to do with evolutionary theory or creationists trying to pretend their views have merit, though.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:51 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,209,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
While it doesn't have anything to do with your efforts to push creationist garbage, I have to say I was pleased and amused by the Rev. Wright's comments. I don't think he's vitriolic enough, actually.

Nothing to do with evolutionary theory or creationists trying to pretend their views have merit, though.
Enough merit for Bill Nye to engage in a scientific debate with one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies