Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2014, 07:36 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
“Let’s be real,” Robertson begged, “let’s not make a joke of ourselves.”
Too late, Pat. Way too late.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:25 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Learn to think critically.
Without evidence? There is evidence of both. Neither disproves the other.

Seems you fail at critical thinking.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
This thread is not about GMO or Obama. Your posts have been reported as off-topic trolling.
My posts ARE in direct response to assertions made in this thread, and therefore are NOT off-topic. It's intellectually dishonest to bring up a point that then can't be challenged because some crybaby wails "that's off-topic" when someone successfully rebuts an assertion.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:54 AM

Please note that this post is in rebuttal to the "Wedge Document" that has been asserted in this thread. If anyone wants to hold all those who show there is evidence of ID to that document, then they must also concede that Obama is a racist as he's clearly indicated his spiritual mentor of 20+ years was the racist Rev. Wright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Yeah, Trinity UCC has a huge hangup over whites that is why they voluntarily remain a member church of the United Church of Christ which is overwhelmingly white (90%+).
Rev. Wright himself quite clearly indicated Trinity UCC was based on James Cone's racist Black Liberation Theology. I posted both Rev. Wright's own notes, and a racist quote from Cone.
Quote:
"The vision statement of Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology." [Note that Wright gets the book title wrong, it's actually Black Theology & Black Power.]
https://web.archive.org/web/20080325...ing_points.htm

A few more quotes from Cone...

"To be black is to be committed to destroying everything this country loves and adores."
"Black theology will accept only a love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy."

Both from his book, A Black Theology of Liberation.

"If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him."
African American Religious Thought: An Anthology - Google Books

Old 02-08-2014, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
All I have to say is that ID is a philosophical position and has no place in a science classroom. You can drum up the philosophical merits of ID all you want, but it's an inherently unscientific idea.
GMO crops are "unscientific?" That's patently laughable.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:34 AM

3,410 posts, read 4,464,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
GMO crops are "unscientific?" That's patently laughable.
I'm not sure if this post was some attempt to humor yourself, but it gave me a chuckle

Old 02-08-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
I'm not sure if this post was some attempt to humor yourself, but it gave me a chuckle
Good ... you get the same challenge that so many others have failed...
Quote:
Fair enough. Here's a challenge for you...

Prove that the currently existing GENETICALLY Modified crops would have evolved via the Theory of Evolution. Let's see your evolution map, including any and all possible offspring permutations, naturally occurring genetic mutations, rule out the deleterious effects of such mutations, the heritability of the mutated traits, etc., etc.

Here's only a partial list of GMO crops:

Maize
Wheat
Rapeseed/Canola
Soybeans
Cotton

And remember that several have stacked non-naturally occurring GM traits.

You can even use... gasp... SCIENCE to try to do it.

Get moving! You have a lot of work to do!

Old 02-08-2014, 09:00 AM

924 posts, read 666,941 times
Quote:
Without evidence? There is evidence of both. Neither disproves the other.

Seems you fail at critical thinking.
Except you don't have evidence for ID.

Old 02-08-2014, 11:45 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,742 times
Quote:
Please note that this post is in rebuttal to the "Wedge Document" that has been asserted in this thread. If anyone wants to hold all those who show there is evidence of ID to that document, then they must also concede that Obama is a racist as he's clearly indicated his spiritual mentor of 20+ years was the racist Rev. Wright.

Rev. Wright himself quite clearly indicated Trinity UCC was based on James Cone's racist Black Liberation Theology. I posted both Rev. Wright's own notes, and a racist quote from Cone. https://web.archive.org/web/20080325...ing_points.htm

A few more quotes from Cone...

"To be black is to be committed to destroying everything this country loves and adores."
"Black theology will accept only a love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy."

Both from his book, A Black Theology of Liberation.

"If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him."
African American Religious Thought: An Anthology - Google Books
None of what you have written alters the fact that Rev. Wright's expression of Black Liberation Theology was to join and work within a denomination that is 90%+ white for 36 years. Likely even higher when Rev. Wright first joined the denomination. Trinity UCC began as an attempt to create a multi-racial congregation in 1961, which largely failed because few whites at the time had a desire to join a mixed congregation.

Neither Rev. Wright or Dr. Cone are racists, nor are most of the members at Trinity UCC (I'm sure in a congregation of thousands there are some racists).

BTW: At least one of your quotes from Dr. Cone is wrong. The text in the book states: "Black Theology will accept only a love of God which participates in the destruction of the White Oppressor".

The following is from another minister who has talked and written about White Oppression.

It is unfortunate that demonstrations are taking place in Birmingham, but it is even more unfortunate that the city's white power structure left the Negro community with no alternative.
I suppose I should have realized that few members of the oppressor race can understand the deep groans and passionate yearnings of the oppressed race, and still fewer have the vision to see that injustice must be rooted out by strong, persistent and determined action.
When I was suddenly catapulted into the leadership of the bus protest in Montgomery, Alabama, a few years ago, I felt we would be supported by the white church. I felt that the white ministers, priests and rabbis of the South would be among our strongest allies. Instead, some have been outright opponents, refusing to understand the freedom movement and misrepresenting its leaders; all too many others have been more cautious than courageous and have remained silent behind the anesthetizing security of stained-glass windows.

In spite of my shattered dreams, I came to Birmingham with the hope that the white religious leadership of this community would see the justice of our cause and, with deep moral concern, would serve as the channel through which our just grievances could reach the power structure. I had hoped that each of you would understand. But again I have been disappointed.
I have watched white churchmen stand on the sideline and mouth pious irrelevancies and sanctimonious trivialities. In the midst of a mighty struggle to rid our nation of racial and economic injustice, I have heard many ministers say: "Those are social issues, with which the gospel has no real concern." And I have watched many churches commit themselves to a completely otherworldly religion which makes a strange, un-Biblical distinction between body and soul, between the sacred and the secular.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:23 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
My posts ARE in direct response to assertions made in this thread, and therefore are NOT off-topic. It's intellectually dishonest to bring up a point that then can't be challenged because some crybaby wails "that's off-topic" when someone successfully rebuts an assertion.
Quote:
Good ... you get the same challenge that so many others have failed...
This topic of this thread is about the debate between Bill Nye and Ken Ham on Young Earth Creationism. It's not about GMO crops or Obama or racism. You have not 'successfully rebutted' anything. You have copied and pasted the same posts that you posted over and over and over again from another thread and are once again behaving belligerently towards other posters who don't want to play your silly games just like you did in that other thread. That is troll behavior.

If you want to actually argue why you believe the Intelligent Design movement is NOT Creationism rebadged despite all the evidence that it is, and that humans creating GMO crops 'proves' anything at all about ID, then please go start your own thread.

Last edited by Ceist; 02-08-2014 at 02:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies