Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2014, 09:26 AM

924 posts, read 667,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Evolution is correct because (insert some liberal progressive scientists name here) says so.

No one here has observed evolution from molecule to man so therefore...you have no evidence.
So you've witnessed god creating the universe? Btw it's not just liberal progressive scientists, it's 99.9% of ALL scientists. If you want to admit that the desire to learn more about our universe is a 999:1 liberal to conservative ratio, you're only helping me prove my ppint.

The simplest proof of abiogenesis I can give is microbes that adapt to human made antibiotics. Single celled organisms can easily be viewed under microscope to adapt to it's chemical environment.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:29 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
So you've witnessed god creating the universe? Btw it's not just liberal progressive scientists, it's 99.9% of ALL scientists. If you want to admit that the desire to learn more about our universe is a 999:1 liberal to conservative ratio, you're only helping me prove my ppint.

The simplest proof of abiogenesis I can give is microbes that adapt to human made antibiotics. Single celled organisms can easily be viewed under microscope to adapt to it's chemical environment.
No I have faith God created the universe, just like you have faith you were the product of an ape mating with some common (yet unknown) ancestor.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:33 AM

924 posts, read 667,257 times
Quote:
No I have faith God created the universe, just like you have faith you were the product of an ape mating with some common (yet unknown) ancestor.
Lol first of all, homo sapiens sapiens came from early primates, not apes.

And I don't need to have faith, because there is solid concrete evidence verified by the world's smartest people using a recreatable, infallible method.

Why do you instead choose to believe a book written by bronze age Arab fishermen?

Old 02-09-2014, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
Lol first of all, homo sapiens sapiens came from early primates, not apes.

And I don't need to have faith, because there is solid concrete evidence verified by the world's smartest people using a recreatable, infallible method.

Why do you instead choose to believe a book written by bronze age Arab fishermen?
You'll fall for anything. You have faith in fallible men you deem smarter than yourself.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:53 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Evolution is correct because (insert some liberal progressive scientists name here) says so.

No one here has observed evolution from molecule to man so therefore...you have no evidence.
You think science is some kind of "liberal progressive" conspiracy?

Old 02-09-2014, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
You think science is some kind of "liberal progressive" conspiracy?
No. Cloaking evolution of a molecule to a man in science is dishonest. That's what I'm saying. It's based on faith just as much as believing in creationism is.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Your question makes no sense. It didn't make sense the first time you posted it and it still doesn't make sense the 100th time you posted it. Go start your own thread and post the same thing over and over a 100 times - maybe someone will play your silly game with you. And once again - it's off topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
In fact, it does. You just wish it were not so.
I concede that your question might make sense to someone who had a recent lobotomy or brain injury or was taking hallucinogenic drugs.

Old 02-09-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
No. Cloaking evolution of a molecule to a man in science is dishonest. That's what I'm saying. It's based on faith just as much as believing in creationism is.
There is evidence of common descent via modification.

There is no evidence for Creationism- especially Young Earth Creationism.

Old 02-09-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
There is evidence of common descent via modification.

There is no evidence for Creationism- especially Young Earth Creationism.
No. If you weren't there to observe it and if you can't recreate it in a lab, it isn't science. It's just interpretation of the evidence, and if you're a naturalist, you will interpret the evidence based on that world view (which is overwhelmingly the demographics getting the grants and writing the science books and indoctrinating the kids).

Old 02-09-2014, 02:39 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
No. If you weren't there to observe it and if you can't recreate it in a lab, it isn't science. It's just interpretation of the evidence, and if you're a naturalist, you will interpret the evidence based on that world view (which is overwhelmingly the demographics getting the grants and writing the science books and indoctrinating the kids).
No, you should brush up on the basics:

What is a Scientific Hypothesis? | Definition of Hypothesis | LiveScience
What is a Scientific Theory? | Definition of Theory | LiveScience
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies