Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 10:43 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times

Advertisements

Assuming X number of dollars was originally appropriated for Obamacare, every time after the initial rollout that something needs to be fixed or redone or beefed up or the President takes it upon himself to delay or change this or that, it has to cost money, right? It has to cost money to go to court, too, on Obamacare issues? From where is all of the extra money (after the initial Obamacare appropriation) coming? I don't recall extra money appropriated for it. Are they taking it from other government agencies? Is it coming out of a white house budget? This is a serious question. I really don't know and I haven't heard it addressed in the media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 10:52 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,148,098 times
There's an Obamacare slush fund that has been used to help the President diffuse some of the problems....which he has relied on to bail him out of hot water.

Political Diary: The ObamaCare Slush Fund - WSJ.com

As for future allocations of money, I don't believe ACA has funding beyond 2016. I could be wrong, though.

Old 02-05-2014, 11:00 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,794,135 times
Where Is The Money Coming From To Fix Obamacare?

It's borrowed, like everything else the gummint does.

Don't worry, our kids will pay it back. And their kids, etc. Suckers.

Old 02-05-2014, 11:01 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,484,281 times
I would take it from the War Dept.

Old 02-05-2014, 11:09 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,211,609 times
There's going to have a special tax levied on all the Righties who have insulted the POTUS since Jan 20, 2009 on MBs like C-D, on FB and Twitter, on FAUX News, and other websites. The tax will double for the birthers and the Storm Fronters. It will triple for the advocates of impeachment.

Old 02-05-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
There's going to have a special tax levied on all the Righties who have insulted the POTUS since Jan 20, 2009 on MBs like C-D, on FB and Twitter, on FAUX News, and other websites. The tax will double for the birthers and the Storm Fronters. It will triple for the advocates of impeachment.
Once again the leftist fanatics's only "solution" is to prevent the other side from presenting its views.

Krystallnacht west. It worked in the past, for a while.

Old 02-05-2014, 11:15 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,301,691 times
Just think: They've spent, what?, six, seven Hundred MILLION DOLLARS so far. That comes out to about Two Million for each man, woman, and child. That's money that could have been distributed accordingly, so we could pay our own medical bills. I mean, if you're going to waste it, do it right.

Old 02-05-2014, 11:17 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,491,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Assuming X number of dollars was originally appropriated for Obamacare, every time after the initial rollout that something needs to be fixed or redone or beefed up or the President takes it upon himself to delay or change this or that, it has to cost money, right? It has to cost money to go to court, too, on Obamacare issues? From where is all of the extra money (after the initial Obamacare appropriation) coming? I don't recall extra money appropriated for it. Are they taking it from other government agencies? Is it coming out of a white house budget? This is a serious question. I really don't know and I haven't heard it addressed in the media.

Democrat programs like Social Security, Mediicare and Obamacare are permanently finded through mandatory spending - no annual appropriation is necessary. That is how the debt continues to necessarily skyrocket.

Then when the debt ceiling is approached, Herr Leader uses his bully pulpit to chide Republicans for not promptly keeping the spending faucet open full tilt.

86,052 posts, read 84,563,928 times
Obama seems to find lots of unused money.
He found a couple of billion to give to Detroit so I don't see why he can't find more to bail out Obamacare deficits.
He has a knack for finding unused money just sitting around waiting to be spent.

Now how come he couldn't find that money when the sequester hit ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
Just think: They've spent, what?, six, seven Hundred MILLION DOLLARS so far. That comes out to about Two Million for each man, woman, and child. That's money that could have been distributed accordingly, so we could pay our own medical bills. I mean, if you're going to waste it, do it right.
Math check.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies