Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 03:45 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times

Advertisements

I agree, leave kids alone. This shows a lack of judgement and class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2007, 03:49 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I agree, leave kids alone. This shows a lack of judgement and class.
Agreed. Save the sermon for another time and place, instead of making kids cry over Santa's safety.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:12 PM

989 posts, read 2,762,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post
Agreed. Save the sermon for another time and place, instead of making kids cry over Santa's safety.
That's really thoughtful of you to have more concern for fiction and a fantasy than for the future and reality. I guess under that same logic we shouldn't tell Bush that he is running a deficit because it might hurt his feelings and make him sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinFromBoise View Post
That's not the point and you know it. In no way am I a neo-con by the way. Look at my above post about Bush. I am a libertarian, I don't like politicians scaring children into their way of thinking. But Seattle is such a cesspool of liberal ideology I don't think that children there stand a chance.
Well, I happen to live in Seattle and it works just fine... kids here are well taken care of.

Seattle may not be the per-capita cracker-eating capital of the nation, but we do have the highest rate of college education in the country.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:18 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
The children better get also concerned from politicians about the Pacific waters rising up around Seattle because of Global Warming and how to cope with that. That's bound to be the real issue, not if mankind caused Global Warming and what it should do to lesson effects of it.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:24 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,089,392 times
Couldn't the mayor just have said it is good to use fluorescent bulbs? I don't think kids will object to something so simple

Old 11-30-2007, 06:29 PM

640 posts, read 461,530 times
The mayor is way out of line! But it is Seattle, after all ~ a far-left radical haven. Poor kids. The parents should say something ~ email Bill O'Reilly. He'll fix 'em :-)

Old 11-30-2007, 07:08 PM

989 posts, read 2,762,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post
The mayor is way out of line! But it is Seattle, after all ~ a far-left radical haven. Poor kids. The parents should say something ~ email Bill O'Reilly. He'll fix 'em :-)
Yes, I have heard that O'Reilly wields the Felafel's of Justice.... that's bound to be pretty useful in fighting global warming.

Have you been to Seattle? Have you ever seen the mayor of Seattle (or even know his name)? Just because prayer in school is not a city priority doesn't mean that he is a lunatic.

These (from his website) are really fringe, far out wacky thoughts, huh?

Mayor Nickels' Priorities

Get Seattle Moving (transportation/infrastructure).

Keep Our Neighborhoods Safe.

Create Jobs and Opportunity For All.

Build Strong Families and Healthy Communities.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:34 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,887,032 times
I don't think we put the burden of the nazis on our children, or the great depression yet we made it out just fine. Oh wait I pulled up the PSA on Youtube "Hey kids buy war bonds or Hitler will kill your grandmother."

As for your mayor's priorities, wow, that's real original I've never seen any politician say that's what they want.

Besides that, like I said in other threads, the Earth does whatever the hell it wants. If it wants to warm (be it manmade or not) it'll warm. Our gov't can't tie their shoes without spending billions of dollars, and bickering about the best way to go about it for at least a year, then when all is said and done the shoes are still untied. You think that this gov't can stop the earth from warming? You think changing out our lightbulbs will fix it? Wow, liberals are dilluted.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:54 PM

922 posts, read 1,908,973 times
Default mayor nickels priorities

which priority does telling kids santa is gonna drown fall under? building stronger families? Next to san francisco, seattle is the goofyiest city on the west coast. that even beats out portland. I agree with the post that stated all he had to do was say the eco-friendly bulbs made santa happy. nuff said.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:13 PM

640 posts, read 461,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
Have you been to Seattle? Have you ever seen the mayor of Seattle (or even know his name)? Just because prayer in school is not a city priority doesn't mean that he is a lunatic.
Prayer in school?? You lost me??? Who said anything about prayer in school?

Yes, I've been to Seattle MANY times ~ my brother lives and works there. I travel out 4-5 times a year, sometimes more often. I'm very much aware of the political climate there. It's a topic of conversation between my brother and I, a lot.

Prayer in school?? I'm still lost....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies