Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 01:38 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times

Advertisements

Umm why do we need "Merica" day...as if there aren't several holidays celebrating America and its history. I am so sick of this delusion that America is being taken over by minorities and that White males are the biggest victims of racism, when the fact remains that they are the least discriminated against and still hold more positions of power than any other group. All this fear is generated on the belief that we are moving toward equality and that White males will no longer be more entitled than anyone else. The "take our country back" crew is actually the "entitlement" crew. Witnessing the manifestation of equality makes them sick. This is why they still can't get over that a Black man is president and will remain so until the next one is inaugurated, despite the lame attempts to get him out of the Whitehouse.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:55 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Umm why do we need "Merica" day...as if there aren't several holidays celebrating America and its history. I am so sick of this delusion that America is being taken over by minorities and that White males are the biggest victims of racism, when the fact remains that they are the least discriminated against and still hold more positions of power than any other group. All this fear is generated on the belief that we are moving toward equality and that White males will no longer be more entitled than anyone else. The "take our country back" crew is actually the "entitlement" crew. Witnessing the manifestation of equality makes them sick. This is why they still can't get over that a Black man is president and will remain so until the next one is inaugurated, despite the lame attempts to get him out of the Whitehouse.
Seems like you would be angry at the idea March is White History month.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:57 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
These are all uniquely American holidays celebrating American history:
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Washington's Birthday
Memorial Day
Independence Day
Labor Day
Columbus Day
Veterans Day
Thanksgiving
Those holidays are not civilian patriotism. Those holidays are exactly what they are called.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:58 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Seems like you didn't read your own link.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:00 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
Why would I care? Like most Americans I don't. It really is laughable. Every month is White History Month!

Old 02-05-2014, 02:09 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
So we are no longer in America?
Americans with origins here can't celebrate who they are in that demographic?
Last I checked, the 4th of July was a national holiday, in the U.S.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:12 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,527,199 times
Quote:
Those holidays are not civilian patriotism. Those holidays are exactly what they are called.
National Civilian Patriotism Day? Sounds like something out of Red China.

Last edited by Deezus; 02-05-2014 at 02:28 PM..

Old 02-05-2014, 02:12 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
I don't have a problem with white history month[s]...I don't see why anyone would.

White is not a monolithic group...White what?

Old 02-05-2014, 02:15 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
White flag of surrender ?

HA..like I can do something about this ?

I'm working in schools where the majority of students is becoming Hispanic.
Cinco de Mayo is a big event as is Quinceanera.
The schools are adapting to the changing demographics of the town.
Texas and New Mexico have fallen. California has surrendered. Arizona is fighting back but it is only a matter of time.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:32 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I don't have a problem with white history month[s]...I don't see why anyone would.

White is not a monolithic group...White what?
Funny--when I was in elementary school, all we studied was white history. American white history, European white history, Revolutionary War had a few Native Americans thrown into the mix. Did not touch on Asian or black history much at all. So is this worldwide white history or just American white history month? Will white history month highlight and make people aware of that small minority of white presidents and leaders we've had?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies