Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 08:38 AM

493 posts, read 783,336 times

Advertisements

props to finn, tell it like it is dude

how nice it must be for opinionated liberal know it alls who never have to deal with the repercussions of liberalism

like liberal drug laws. and all the criminality and derelict good for nothing dopeheads that they attract.

the pot stores by my hometown in the bay area turned a quite, if not affluent area into a gang war zone. gee, warehouses full of pot right the street from east oakland attracting criminality, whooda thunk huh?!!!!

and hold your google horses libz, youre not going to find any police reports, b/c heres another insight into drug life: drug dealers dont call the cops on each other

Old 02-22-2014, 08:41 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
Ban robbers!
If you make crime illegal, only criminals will commit crimes.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:41 AM

924 posts, read 667,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinMaynard View Post
props to finn, tell it like it is dude

how nice it must be for opinionated liberal know it alls to never have to deal with the repercussions of liberalism

like liberal drug laws. and all the criminality and derelict good for nothing dopeheads that they attract.

the pot stores by my hometown in the bay area turned a quite, if not affluent area into a gang war zone. gee, warehouses full of pot right the street from east oakland attracting criminality, whooda thunk huh?!!!!

and hold your google horses libz, youre not going to find any police reports, drug dealers dont call the cops
Does your mom give you a hug for every iteration of the word liberal?

First of all, our drug policy is nowhere near liberal. Our federal government equates marijuana to heroin.

Second, how would liberal drug laws attract drug addicts? They're already addicted to an illegal substance, they obviously don't care about legal repercussions.

Here's a fun fact: Florida has some of the highest drug abuse rates in the nation, and we have some of the strictest drug laws of any state.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
If you make crime illegal, only criminals will commit crimes.
Foolproof.

And even if it's not, we can ban fools too.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
Does your mom give you a hug for every iteration of the word liberal?

First of all, our drug policy is nowhere near liberal. Our federal government equates marijuana to heroin.

Second, how would liberal drug laws attract drug addicts? They're already addicted to an illegal substance, they obviously don't care about legal repercussions.

Here's a fun fact: Florida has some of the highest drug abuse rates in the nation, and we have some of the strictest drug laws of any state.

like i said must be nice to not have to deal with repercussions, like talking ish about somebody's mother.

give dopeheads a reason to all be in the same place, and of course theres going to be alot drug abuse there.

but yes i give in, lets legalise marijuana, i bet that'll scare those mexican cartels straight

Old 02-22-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
like i said must be nice to not have to deal with repercussions, like talking ish about somebody's mother.

give dopeheads a reason to all be in the same place, and of course theres going to be alot drug abuse there.

but yes i give in, lets legalise marijuana, i bet that'll scare those mexican cartels straight
I wasn't talking about your mom, I'm talking about your overzealous use of the word liberal, which doesn't even apply.

There was a study in Denver a few weeks back that concluded marijuana dispensaries have no more of an effect on the community than a coffee shop.

The people that want to be loser drug addicts are going to be loser drug addicts, there's no law that's going to stop them. So let's stop lumping in the millions of happy productive people who smoke a joint every once in a while to the crackhead living in a cardboard box behind Walgreens.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:53 AM

lol @ smoke a joint every once in a while, thats what they all say.

it doesnt matter if we're talking about a physically addictive drug like heroin, or a psychologically addictive drug like marijuana. legal drugs cost alot more because of the overhead. at some point the addict is not going to want to pay the higher prices.

thats why heroin use is skyrocketing back east, doctors getting ppl hooked on oxy, and when they cant afford that anymore they switch to smack.

and the thats why drug cartels are fighting over california, the liberal mm laws here have attracted the market, and the cartels are here to serve addicts for far cheaper than the dispensaries can. its great for all the dopeheads, sucks for everybody else who has to deal with all the extra crime and social ill that drug culture brings. but thats ok tho, dopeheads got their * so thats all that matters...

Old 02-22-2014, 10:24 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
lol @ smoke a joint every once in a while, thats what they all say.

it doesnt matter if we're talking about a physically addictive drug like heroin, or a psychologically addictive drug like marijuana. legal drugs cost alot more because of the overhead. at some point the addict is not going to want to pay the higher prices.
Hey, it takes a LOT of marketing to sell legal drugs.

Not so much with illegal drugs.

It's like Amway, or something.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:47 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,101,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Never ever have I heard of a marijuana user break into a house, carjack, strong arm rob someone, or any of the sort to get money for their fix. Nor have I ever heard of a bar room brawl due to being intoxicated from marijuana.
Let's be a little more honest here shall we?

When I was in high school, getting money to buy weed was the #1 reason kids turned to B&E, and the antisocial ne'er-do-well crowd that bullied other kids and constantly in fights were almost exclusively daily smokers.

Does this mean that marijuana use causes crime? No necessarily. However this stupid fallacy of the happy stoner who never gets into trouble because he's high needs to stop. Richard Ramirez admitted he was high on marijuana every time he broke into a house and robbed, raped and/or murdered the people inside.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:03 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Let's be a little more honest here shall we?

When I was in high school, getting money to buy weed was the #1 reason kids turned to B&E, and the antisocial ne'er-do-well crowd that bullied other kids and constantly in fights were almost exclusively daily smokers.

Does this mean that marijuana use causes crime? No necessarily. However this stupid fallacy of the happy stoner who never gets into trouble because he's high needs to stop. Richard Ramirez admitted he was high on marijuana every time he broke into a house and robbed, raped and/or murdered the people inside.
Richard Ramirez's problems were a whole lot deeper then marijuana use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies