Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 09:45 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,868,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
Libertarianism is a pipe dream propagated by corporate influence and a total disregard for political pragmatism.
Hitler was a pragmatist.

He was half Taurus and half Aires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 09:47 AM

924 posts, read 667,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Hitler was a pragmatist.

He was half Taurus and half Aires.
Lol Hitler is in no way a pragmatist. He had the loftiest expectations of arguably any public figure since the 1940s.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:57 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Except WE invaded THEM.

We stole Texas from Mexico. Made it independent. Then stole it completely.
Which is why we protect our borders.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:01 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,868,942 times
Quote:
Lol Hitler is in no way a pragmatist. He had the loftiest expectations of arguably any public figure since the 1940s.
They never found a bong at his death site.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:51 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
They never found a bong at his death site.

Wasn't he jacked up on methamphetamines?

Old 02-07-2014, 11:38 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
I agree, that's why I'm not a libertarian.
You obviously do not understand the term.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I have to say, this is a pristine example of someone who thinks that they know more than they do, but demonstrates that the opposite is true, and it ain't the "hippie movement" portion of the statement that I'm talking about.

Ben, I suggest you study up a bit, lest you continue to write foolish things online.
this is a pristine example of being hoodwinked by people like Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin who claim they abide by libertarian principals.

It is actually you swagger that needs to study up a bit, you are under the dark influence of the neocons who are now pretending to be libertarian?

Old 02-07-2014, 11:46 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
The libertarian platform of today does not differ much from the OPs link, which is why I feel that Libertarianism is just the opposite of Communism and that both sound good on paper but don't pan out well in reality.

It is amazing to me now-a-days how many people claim to be a libertarian when they really don't know what the platform is of the libertarian party. It was posted in the thread already so won't re-post it but if you all read it, it is basically the same thing as the OP and so it hasn't changed much. Those of you who want a more limited government that is good, those of you who want school reform, good for you, but unless you want no laws at all, you are not a Libertarian. If you want public schools at all and any sort of public institution, you are not a Libertarian. Just because you agree with having less militarization doesn't mean you are a libertarian.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:01 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
The libertarian platform of today does not differ much from the OPs link, which is why I feel that Libertarianism is just the opposite of Communism and that both sound good on paper but don't pan out well in reality.

It is amazing to me now-a-days how many people claim to be a libertarian when they really don't know what the platform is of the libertarian party. It was posted in the thread already so won't re-post it but if you all read it, it is basically the same thing as the OP and so it hasn't changed much. Those of you who want a more limited government that is good, those of you who want school reform, good for you, but unless you want no laws at all, you are not a Libertarian. If you want public schools at all and any sort of public institution, you are not a Libertarian. Just because you agree with having less militarization doesn't mean you are a libertarian.
It's been noted over and over and over that no laws at all defines anarchy, not libertarian ideas.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

Quote:
Just because you agree with having less militarization doesn't mean you are a
libertarian
- No but couple that with agreeing to lessen the right wing social agenda then you are on your way to libertarianism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies