Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 08:31 PM

275 posts, read 193,084 times

Advertisements

Lexusnexus is writing Obama love letters again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 08:38 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Did you forget the great recession engineered by the Republican president? Did you forget what the Dow Jones was like just five years ago?

Did you forget, starting January 2007.... that Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid controlled the actions that led to the failure?

The President just signs bills that cross his table from the legislative chambers.

Look at the timeline. It all goes to hell when those two idiots took the keys to the candy store.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:59 PM

488 posts, read 1,176,564 times
Obamabotism at it's best. Why is it that obamabots think government needs to dictate every aspect of every person's life? Is it because obamabots are so insecure that they feel they don't have the ability to take care of themselves? Or is it because obamabots just want all that FREE stuff obama has convinced them they deserve?

Old 02-06-2014, 09:13 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Around my hood, the economy couldn't be better;
I'm happy for you, BUT ..... the vast majority of Americans don't live in your "hood".
That is your real disconnect. History will not view this President in glowing terms.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:14 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,640,534 times
Quote:
It's strange reading posts by conservatives regarding Obama's performance, because they're completely detached from reality. I'm writing this posts from the point of view of a non-radical, non-right-wing nut, about some of the ridiculousness coming from the right. To let them know what the rest of America thinks when they expound their idiocy.

Things like, "Yeah, all those people who voted for him surely regret it now!"
Uh, who exactly? Around my neck of the woods and all the places that I've traveled to (aka not the South or flyover countries), people loves him. They don't agree with everything he's done but they by and large thought he is a very good president.

"The economy is in the tank!"
Come again? Did you forget the great recession engineered by the Republican president? Did you forget what the Dow Jones was like just five years ago? Tent city anyone? Now the economy is back, the stock market is back, and people are starting to find work again. Is the economy great? No. But a heck of a lot better than under the Republican leadership. Europe would kill to have our economy. Around my hood, the economy couldn't be better; so good in fact that people are worrying about the increasing cost of living and the potential lost of culture with so many transplant workers and new companies coming into the picture. You're telling me that this is somehow bad? Please.

"The ACA is bad and I told you so!"
You may as well scream this one to your computer because it's just as effective. ACA has been great. I repeat, great. This will be the single most defining legacy of Obama, people 50, 100, 200 yrs from now will point to this administration and say, "Great job." ACA is like the Hooever Dam or the feat Freeway construction of our time. People like to point to outliers, but the fact is, millions of people is or will be helped by ACA. Of all the good things that Obama has done, this one could be the game changer. It's law, it's good, it helps Americans, and conservatives you're wrong (again); get over it.

"Obama is unqualified"
This is probably the mostly head scratching of all. You mean the man who killed Bin Laden, fixed the economy, passed ACA, and pursuaded countries to reduce carbon pollution is not qualified? LOL. Truth is, he's been great. Not perfect but about as good as you can expect a president to be.

You spent a lot of energy writing garbage to make yourself look foolish.. Good job...

Old 02-06-2014, 11:17 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,640,534 times
Quote:
People DO KNOW about it. People like me.

The problem is that there are delusional people who always choose to believe lies that conform to their beliefs. How many Republicans thought Obama is a Muslim? LOL. I rest my case.

You may be able to see this crap on your school playground, but you won't find any intelligent adults who belive such lies.. when you grow up you will realize the truth..

Old 02-06-2014, 11:42 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,274,634 times
"Hope and Change." I'm still waiting to see all these bills debated for 5 days on CSPAN, so the populace can know what is in them, before anyone votes on them. I also want to see Obummercare not cost "one thin dime." Oh yeah, where is that transparency in government???

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Old 02-06-2014, 11:43 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
It's strange reading posts by conservatives regarding Obama's performance, because they're completely detached from reality. I'm writing this posts from the point of view of a non-radical, non-right-wing nut, about some of the ridiculousness coming from the right. To let them know what the rest of America thinks when they expound their idiocy.

Things like, "Yeah, all those people who voted for him surely regret it now!"
Uh, who exactly? Around my neck of the woods and all the places that I've traveled to (aka not the South or flyover countries), people loves him. They don't agree with everything he's done but they by and large thought he is a very good president.

"The economy is in the tank!"
Come again? Did you forget the great recession engineered by the Republican president? Did you forget what the Dow Jones was like just five years ago? Tent city anyone? Now the economy is back, the stock market is back, and people are starting to find work again. Is the economy great? No. But a heck of a lot better than under the Republican leadership. Europe would kill to have our economy. Around my hood, the economy couldn't be better; so good in fact that people are worrying about the increasing cost of living and the potential lost of culture with so many transplant workers and new companies coming into the picture. You're telling me that this is somehow bad? Please.

"The ACA is bad and I told you so!"
You may as well scream this one to your computer because it's just as effective. ACA has been great. I repeat, great. This will be the single most defining legacy of Obama, people 50, 100, 200 yrs from now will point to this administration and say, "Great job." ACA is like the Hooever Dam or the feat Freeway construction of our time. People like to point to outliers, but the fact is, millions of people is or will be helped by ACA. Of all the good things that Obama has done, this one could be the game changer. It's law, it's good, it helps Americans, and conservatives you're wrong (again); get over it.

"Obama is unqualified"
This is probably the mostly head scratching of all. You mean the man who killed Bin Laden, fixed the economy, passed ACA, and pursuaded countries to reduce carbon pollution is not qualified? LOL. Truth is, he's been great. Not perfect but about as good as you can expect a president to be.

"Did you forget the great recession engineered by the Republican president?"

Come again?

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...se-our-13.html

"This is probably the mostly head scratching of all. You mean the man who killed Bin Laden"

Bush bagged Bin Laden with the help of the CIA and US military.

Officials say CIA interrogators in secret overseas prisons developed the first strands of information that ultimately led to the killing of Osama bin Laden.

http://www.news10.net/news/article/136033/5/First-clues-to-bin-Laden-whereabouts-gathered-in-CIA-prison

The proposal Obama is considering would require all CIA interrogators to follow conduct outlined in the U.S. Army Field Manual, the officials said. The plans would also have the effect of shutting down secret "black site" prisons around the world where the CIA has questioned terror suspects, with all future interrogations taking place inside American military facilities.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2009/01/16/obama_to_close_secret_cia_prisons.html

Old 02-07-2014, 12:48 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,230,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
So your argument is you like Obama so you find an article from a guy with an Internet connect that likes Obama as well; therefor, people like Obama.

I didn't realize the republicans were in this good of shape for the next election.

Wow. Way to ignore the content and just focus on the messenger.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:52 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,230,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
“For better or for worse…we have a black Muslim in the White House.”

Madonna

I did not know that Madonna was a Republican
Madonna and Republicans, they're idiots. But one can sing and the other can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Ask any liberal what America should be, and he'll chew your ear off. Ask him what's wrong with America, and he'll offer you a reading list. But ask him what America is-- besides a massive social service center or a collection of war crimes and corporations, and he'll have no real answers and just go to the liberal handbook and deflect as usual.

Huh?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies