Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 03:14 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,910,848 times

Advertisements

Well, I haven't read all the posts in this thread, just the first couple of pages (it is the same old rhetoric hashed over again, from both sides).
But, I certainly DO know that:
obama lied. repeatedly.
obama has and had no idea what the full impact of his signature legislation (The PP&ACA) would be, just as the people who wrote it did not know what was really there, but he signed it into law! the law itself is over 200 pages, and I understand the regulations that have been written to implement the law comprise several thousand pages.
obama has violated the Constitution by changing the provisions of his signature legislation (The PP&ACA) more than once. The President does not have the authority to change a law or delay the implementation of a law. Only the Congress or the Supreme court can do that!
sorry, I can't buy into any part of the OP's premises!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 03:15 PM

14,293 posts, read 9,640,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Sure am glad you set the record straight.

I was unaware everything is rainbows and unicorns.

After reading this I thought the OP was LexusNexus
The worse Obama does, the lower his vapid supports set the bar to measure success, now that the bar is at eye level to them, they think "everything is rainbows and unicorns" but the truth is that their heads are buried in the sand, which sheds new light on the whole bar being at eye level.

Old 02-07-2014, 03:30 PM

34,248 posts, read 19,252,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Most of us older CD'ers have seen through his lack of qualifications and lies from the very beginning.
No one has influenced the way I think and the many others that post here on CD.
I see you joined in 2011. If you had been here back in 2007-2008 you'd know how many us were very concerned back in those times.

He is the nightmare that I believe him to be.
It would have to be very bad to be worse than Obama.
He makes Clinton look like a great man.

He has completely blown many opportunities and never has learned how to work with others.
He's just a kid who throws a tantrum when he doesn't get his way.

Obama is a very bad leader.
Thank you for demonstrating my point so perfectly.

Now go read forums on someplace thats not such a echo chamber.

Old 02-07-2014, 03:35 PM

24,481 posts, read 33,175,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Hmmm... because no one really want to dictate every aspect of your life?

Why are so many conservatives are paranoid?

After reading your posts (which are filled with inaccuracies), you have a lot of nerve bashing conservatives!

Old 02-07-2014, 03:43 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,318,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post

3. Most people don't support the ACA so of course most people don't see him as a good president because of that.
What you mean is that most Red state people don't support ACA and that is to be expected. Most righties hated Obama before he ever took office.

Boner and McConnell said their only job was to insure that Obama failed as a president and would not get re elected. How did that work out for those two losers?

No Repubs will never give Obama credit for anything. He orders Osama killed and right away he is a war monger.

Nobody will ever convince you that Obama was a decent president.

Just like nobody will ever convince me that W was not a stand-in for President Cheny.

Old 02-07-2014, 03:52 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,175,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL, I saw this thread and knew it was going to be crazy

Look folks, its somewhere in between, he's not perfect, but hes not the nightmare that CD forums makes him out to be. Get out and read what people outside of your giant echo box say.

Seriously, try something where more normal people hang out. Reddit, fark, etc etc. Avoid the left wing and right wing sites.

It turns out while most people are unhappy about something, they're also pretty happy about others. This place is extreme.
I'd like all of the Obama critics to point to a Republican president who has ever had the type of uphill fight that Obama has (and not just because he is black and the country has an abundance of racists, nor because of the trashed economy he inherited).

I.e., when did any Dem leader ever say anything like "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President [fill in the blank] to be a one-term president."?

We all know that Bush did not win the popular vote in 2000, and he was pretty much appointed by the Supreme Court. Still--he got much more cooperation from Dems, even without a mandate, than Obama has after winning both the electoral college and the popular vote twice. He has never had a level playing field in this country, which is basically why I ignore everything the tea partybots have to say about him. They hated him the minute he was elected. I am not happy with his entire performance, but he has done a pretty good job and has had to do it with more hateful opposition than any other president has had to deal with.

Because extremist conservatives cannot get the Dems to hate Obama the way they always have, they make all kinds of ridiculous statements about Dems hiding their heads in the sand, ad nauseum.

Circa 2006, I had more than a few conversations with Republicans regarding the idiocy of the Iraq War. They all said the same thing to me as to why we must support the war -- "We have to support our president." So give me a break!!

Old 02-07-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
What you mean is that most Red state people don't support ACA and that is to be expected. Most righties hated Obama before he ever took office.

Boner and McConnell said their only job was to insure that Obama failed as a president and would not get re elected. How did that work out for those two losers?

No Repubs will never give Obama credit for anything. He orders Osama killed and right away he is a war monger.

Nobody will ever convince you that Obama was a decent president.

Just like nobody will ever convince me that W was not a stand-in for President Cheny.
Not true. Most righties disapproved of his ideology and policies. That is not "hate."

Any president (even poor ones like Carter and Obama) would have given the go-ahead to get Bin Laden. Don't forget he was killed due to interrogation methods which Obama opposed.

I can't be convinced Obama is a decent president because he isn't!

Old 02-07-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Faux Snooze Snooze talking point are the things you listed they spew this crap without and real facts to hide there hate that a for a black man and they hate seeing a black man as president
Are you feeling okay? The only hate I am seeing is in your post.

Old 02-07-2014, 03:58 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,139,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Faux Snooze Snooze talking point are the things you listed they spew this crap without and real facts to hide there hate that a for a black man and they hate seeing a black man as president
A post that is completely full of unadulterated BS.

A liberals only defense; cry racism.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:26 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,640,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Look folks, its somewhere in between, he's not perfect, but hes not the nightmare that CD forums makes him out to be. Get out and read what people outside of your giant echo box say.
No HE is not the nightmare. What he is creating is the nightmare, and that isn't fully seen -- yet.

We all -- Dems and Repubs alike, along with the independents, will wake up to it one day soon, unless Congress gets its act together, grows some you-know-whats, and starts doing its job!

They're like kids in the school yard, fighting, playing, making alliances among themselves, taking sides, jockeying for positions of power. Personally, I am deeply disappointed with the majority of them on both sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies