Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 07:23 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
47% are on some kind of assistance? Nonsense.
If you count all assistance including farm subsidies etc., it is definitely 47% or more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 07:25 AM

275 posts, read 193,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
What you mean is that most Red state people don't support ACA and that is to be expected. Most righties hated Obama before he ever took office.

Boner and McConnell said their only job was to insure that Obama failed as a president and would not get re elected. How did that work out for those two losers?

No Repubs will never give Obama credit for anything. He orders Osama killed and right away he is a war monger.

Nobody will ever convince you that Obama was a decent president.

Just like nobody will ever convince me that W was not a stand-in for President Cheny.
Obama did fail as prez all by himself

Old 02-08-2014, 07:28 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Amazing, the reality you have created for yourself. You should receive a prize for that. Well done. I wish I knew how to create bliss like that.

The ACA is so good that Obama wants to put it off for three years, to help out all those millions of people who lost their healtcare because of ACA. Yes, it's that good.

Obama killed Bin Laden? how long is that inaccuracy going to circulate? As far as I know, he was here, safe and sound, in fairly luxurious surroundings while the military (which Obama has since decimated, and continues to do so) actually risked their lives to get Bin Laden. Last time I checked, the president is not one of the Seals.

And, no, he's not perfect but we have a right to expect a president to be far, far better.

You on the left, all of you, don't take your blinders off. You'll be crushed to see what is really happening to this country.
2016 can't get here soon enough, or maybe not

Old 02-08-2014, 08:24 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I like how the conservatives play the "I care about the poor" card whenever it suits them. You guys are not exactly the champion of the working poor, if you know what I mean.

1. But I'll play along. You know why 50 millions are on foodstamp? I bet Fox News never told you this: it's because the program was expanded to include people who didn't qualify under Bush. That's it. That's the reason. If the qualifier was the same under Bush, there'd roughly be about the same number of people on foodstamp. There is no hard facts of course because it's impossible to mean test the past but it just shows how irrational the accusation is. It's done without any thought at all.

2. A) We just came out of the great mess created by Republicans so of course there are still too much poverty. The economy needs time to recover. B) You know where most of those living in poverty lives? RED. STATES. You touched on something that us liberals have been thinking for quite some time, "You Red States need to shape up and get with the program. Stop being lazy and get to work!. Get an education, it's good for you. Stop obsessing about the liberals and start thinking!" Look, Obama can do a lot but he can't do everything. A lot of the poverty problem falls on the state. But the good news is the as the economy continues to recover, it will be less and less of an issue.

3. See A above. Gee, you guys must think the economy can be fixed by snapping the fingers.

4. Drag on by #2 and #3. Again, you guys act like the economy can be fixed overnight.

5. Hmm.... you do know that it's not necessary a bad thing at this point in time right? Are you at all familiar with the concept of increasing consumer spending in this economy? Have you been following the Feds and the market? My guess is no.

6 & 7. These are not problems. I repeat, Debt and Deficits ARE. NOT. PROBLEMS. The clueless conservatives somehow got themselves obsessed over this debt and deficit, got in the way of federal stimulus and almost derailed the economic recovery. You guys are not going to take responsibility for it (of course), but this obsession, clueless and misguided obsession over debt/deficit in a great recession is exhibit A of why you guys should never handle the economy. Every great economists are dumbfounded over the GOP's d/d obsession and every one of them said such obsession to curb stimulus drastically slowed down the recovery. You guys are just so wrong about everything it's comical if it isn't also tragic.

That is funny as hell, and is the standard, confused liberal response:

1. Everything is Bush's fault,:
including the subprime mortgage meltdown engineered by the liberal fair housing act
Dodd and Frank unwilling to do anything about it, as they were being paid by Fannie and Freddie
two wars, for which nearly every democrat voted for
five years for Obama to quit Afghanistan- but he escalated

2. republicans hate the poor
conservatives donate more to the poor than do liberals
if you love the poor, pay more taxes
if you love the poor, donate more
asking others to support the poor, while you take no personal measures, is hypocrisy, not sympathy

3.Debt and deficits do not matter. Ask Argentina,Mexico, Zimbawe, the old USSR and the Weimar republic if they agree.

Debts do not matter as long as a nation is able to service the debt. If we have-

higher interest rates
lower demand for our bonds
US dollar no longer world reserve currency

then disaster will strike. Every liberal,like you, will be screaming about the inability of the government to pay for basic services, even though your policies created the mess. The very people you presume to support, the poor and middle class, will be hit the hardest.

You have a marginal understanding of economics and have probably not even read the works of the Nobel Prize winning liberal economist to realize how that theory has been a dismal failure. Our main enemy NOW is DEFLATION. We cannot reduce borrowing, as we no longer have debt free notes to circulate, as the Fed has ensured this. Less borroing-less currency in circulation. This game will eventually fail.
Wake up-Liberalism has failed.

4. HOW MANY YEARS DOES OBAMA NEED BEFORE WE CAN CALL HIS POLICIES FAILED?

2?
4?
5?
10?
20?
100?

Old 02-08-2014, 08:32 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Quote:
It's strange reading posts by conservatives regarding Obama's performance, because they're completely detached from reality. I'm writing this posts from the point of view of a non-radical, non-right-wing nut, about some of the ridiculousness coming from the right. To let them know what the rest of America thinks when they expound their idiocy.

Things like, "Yeah, all those people who voted for him surely regret it now!"
Uh, who exactly? Around my neck of the woods and all the places that I've traveled to (aka not the South or flyover countries), people loves him. They don't agree with everything he's done but they by and large thought he is a very good president.

"The economy is in the tank!"
Come again? Did you forget the great recession engineered by the Republican president? Did you forget what the Dow Jones was like just five years ago? Tent city anyone? Now the economy is back, the stock market is back, and people are starting to find work again. Is the economy great? No. But a heck of a lot better than under the Republican leadership. Europe would kill to have our economy. Around my hood, the economy couldn't be better; so good in fact that people are worrying about the increasing cost of living and the potential lost of culture with so many transplant workers and new companies coming into the picture. You're telling me that this is somehow bad? Please.

"The ACA is bad and I told you so!"
You may as well scream this one to your computer because it's just as effective. ACA has been great. I repeat, great. This will be the single most defining legacy of Obama, people 50, 100, 200 yrs from now will point to this administration and say, "Great job." ACA is like the Hooever Dam or the feat Freeway construction of our time. People like to point to outliers, but the fact is, millions of people is or will be helped by ACA. Of all the good things that Obama has done, this one could be the game changer. It's law, it's good, it helps Americans, and conservatives you're wrong (again); get over it.

"Obama is unqualified"
This is probably the mostly head scratching of all. You mean the man who killed Bin Laden, fixed the economy, passed ACA, and pursuaded countries to reduce carbon pollution is not qualified? LOL. Truth is, he's been great. Not perfect but about as good as you can expect a president to be.

All I cans say is "it is , what it is" People confuse Poor policies and abuse of power to attacking the President personally.

I myself would of fired President Obama and VP Biden for their inability to pull both sides together. I am not a Clinton fan , but Bill knew how to work the room. Ron Reagan was expert in this.

PS Happy Birthday Ron Reagan 103 years young!

Old 02-08-2014, 08:58 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
It's strange reading posts by conservatives regarding Obama's performance, because they're completely detached from reality. I'm writing this posts from the point of view of a non-radical, non-right-wing nut, about some of the ridiculousness coming from the right. To let them know what the rest of America thinks when they expound their idiocy.

Things like, "Yeah, all those people who voted for him surely regret it now!"
Uh, who exactly? Around my neck of the woods and all the places that I've traveled to (aka not the South or flyover countries), people loves him. They don't agree with everything he's done but they by and large thought he is a very good president.

"The economy is in the tank!"
Come again? Did you forget the great recession engineered by the Republican president? Did you forget what the Dow Jones was like just five years ago? Tent city anyone? Now the economy is back, the stock market is back, and people are starting to find work again. Is the economy great? No. But a heck of a lot better than under the Republican leadership. Europe would kill to have our economy. Around my hood, the economy couldn't be better; so good in fact that people are worrying about the increasing cost of living and the potential lost of culture with so many transplant workers and new companies coming into the picture. You're telling me that this is somehow bad? Please.

"The ACA is bad and I told you so!"
You may as well scream this one to your computer because it's just as effective. ACA has been great. I repeat, great. This will be the single most defining legacy of Obama, people 50, 100, 200 yrs from now will point to this administration and say, "Great job." ACA is like the Hooever Dam or the feat Freeway construction of our time. People like to point to outliers, but the fact is, millions of people is or will be helped by ACA. Of all the good things that Obama has done, this one could be the game changer. It's law, it's good, it helps Americans, and conservatives you're wrong (again); get over it.

"Obama is unqualified"
This is probably the mostly head scratching of all. You mean the man who killed Bin Laden, fixed the economy, passed ACA, and pursuaded countries to reduce carbon pollution is not qualified? LOL. Truth is, he's been great. Not perfect but about as good as you can expect a president to be.

About the ONLY thing I agree with is, "regarding Obama's performance" because his entire political career has been an act.

Old 02-10-2014, 12:50 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
The only delusional person here, is the one who thinks he comes from a Responsible Party. Your joking right! Your party is anything but responsible or knows first hand about what being accountable for your bad decisions and thru every single scandal he has gone thru. Never knows a damn thing about anything, unless of course it is positive. Negative abound, and he is no where to be found.

When you spend more then half your time lying you azz off, blaming the other guys, the other party, but think your superior to all others, your a dreamer. Hope Not, CHANGE, for the worse believe u me. The only delusional person must be the person who thinks just as Obama does.

Welfare and food stamps and putting your stamp on it, is no where being responsible. Jobs for everyone as he promised in my tapes of him from 2008, Jobs for everyone, Unity, don't make me laugh please, we have a Italian word for this.

Anyone who can look every single gosh damn person in the eye, and state with conviction if you like you current health care plan, you can keep it. If you like your Doctor you can keep him Period. Lie, this is fact that many have not seen this happen, you saying no one has. That would be a gosh damn lie.

You talk at a very high level - a very ideal utopian vision of politics. A vision that unfortunately, is nowhere to be found in either party, nor is it expected to be. I'd like to welcome you to the real world.

Do politicians lie? Of course they do. Is politics dirty? You betcha. Are the Dems flawless? Hell no.

But at the end of the day, it's about which party get the correct things done. Which party gets it right. And which party screws up the least. That's it. Politics is about getting more things right than wrong. And overwhelmingly, Obama is outperforming the vision lay out by the other side of the isle. The bottom line is, we're better off with Obama as opposed to the even worse yahoos that the GOP presents.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:38 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
1. The recession wasn't engineered by a Republican president.

2. He hasn't saved the economy, though its certainly not in a freefall. But the relative improvement hasn't been due to his policies.

You act like your opinions on these issues are facts. They're not. They're merely opinions.

3. Most people don't support the ACA so of course most people don't see him as a good president because of that.

4. Comparing passing the ACA to construction of the Hoover Dam or construction of the freeway system? Really?
One must understand that libs live in a reality and fantasy world. TGhey don't understand what the real world is about.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:18 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
One must understand that libs live in a reality and fantasy world. TGhey don't understand what the real world is about.

Right. The party that thinks Obama is a Muslim is the one who's living in the real world.

LOL.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:25 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
The problem is that there are delusional people who always choose to believe lies that conform to their beliefs. How many Republicans thought Obama is a Muslim? LOL. I rest my case.
Obama HIMSELF started the muslim crap when he said numerous times "My muslim faith"..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies