Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 09:56 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post

No, liberals cannot be real men because they want a nanny to take care of them.
The men, yes.
What do hobbies have to do with anything?
When you first decide what to think, and then seek to interpret everything you see as supporting it, and ignore anything that doesn't, it's called "confirmation bias" and it means you will ALWAYS be wrong.
No, you're just becoming hypersensitive. Like a good metrosexual.
Ditto last comment.

Well, we're rebelling against you and the establishment.
We are anti-establishment. And you're for the status quo
Had no idea you were a liberal!

Conservative | Define Conservative at Dictionary.com

Liberal | Define Liberal at Dictionary.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 10:05 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,004,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
They think protesting against a safety net and letting corporations do what they please is being " anti establishment", lol.

No other nation would you see citizens protesting against universal healthcare. They just look laughable to the rest of the world but they're so deluded they proly think that's what makes this country unique eaves exceptional! LOL

Old 02-08-2014, 10:10 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
When you add up all the Federal benefits that these Republican counties receive from SS, Medicare, Tricare, VA, Govt Retirement Checks, Disabilty, Snap, EITC, SSI, . add on miliatry bases and other government jobs and it doesnt make any sense. The Republican Party is one big government check and yet they want small gubbermint.

Heres a link how a good part of the Tea Party types voted againt their interests.

The 'Red' Rural Map of the 2012 Vote | Daily Yonder | Keep It Rural
Where do you get the idea SS and medicare for starters are government handouts and do you realize people on both plans live in the city, the country and the suburbs. These are program we paid into for years, why do you think they are called insurance programs? Where are you getting the idea more people % wise receive snap in the rural areas than in the inner cities? Where are you getting the idea a government pension is any thing but that? A pension that people pay into, just like a 401K or any other form of retirement? Do you honestly think government employees do not pay into retirement? This goes for disability as well. I think you really need to do some research. if you did you wouldn't have to ask these questions.

I will add, any benefits any military person retired or active gets they deserve and most military personal regardless of the standing support the Republican party, but not for the reasons you think.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:19 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,966,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Sure you joke.

Today, liberals ARE the establishment.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
They think protesting against a safety net and letting corporations do what they please is being " anti establishment", lol.

No other nation would you see citizens protesting against universal healthcare. They just look laughable to the rest of the world but they're so deluded they proly think that's what makes this country unique eaves exceptional! LOL
Government and forcing it's mediocrity into our lives SHOULD be protested - and stopped.

And no, we don't like being forced like cattle, so, no "universal" anything. We're individuals, not clones.

And, while the rest of the world may grovel and beg from those in power, we see no need to emulate their passivity and fear.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:23 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,004,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Where do you get the idea SS and medicare for starters are government handouts and do you realize people on both plans live in the city, the country and the suburbs. These are program we paid into for years, why do you think they are called insurance programs? Where are you getting the idea more people % wise receive snap in the rural areas than in the inner cities? Where are you getting the idea a government pension is any thing but that? A pension that people pay into, just like a 401K or any other form of retirement? Do you honestly think government employees do not pay into retirement? This goes for disability as well. I think you really need to do some research. if you did you wouldn't have to ask these questions.

I will add, any benefits any military person retired or active gets they deserve and most military personal regardless of the standing support the Republican party, but not for the reasons you think.
If that's the case than TANF, the only true welfare program constitutes way less of the budget than y'all blather on about.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:26 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
The reactionaries in America have are not interested in facts or reality. They are only interested in comforting lies they can tell themselves over and over even though, deep down, they know absolutely none of those lies are true. That level of denial, of willful self deception, and just plain ignorance is what makes them right wing nutjobs.
I agree, that's why they turn to FOX News.

However, I disagree with the part about deep down, they know these comforting lies are not true.

They do believe in the fairy tales on FOX News, probably a majority of the viewers do. These are not astute political watchers with the ability to discern fact from fiction. If they were, they would not be watching that crap.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Where do you get the idea SS and medicare for starters are government handouts
I get the idea because they are.

Quote:
and do you realize people on both plans live in the city, the country and the suburbs.
Point? Do you have one?

Quote:
These are program we paid into for years, why do you think they are called insurance programs?
Your money was taken from you and given to someone else. Now, you expect there will be someone else to take it from to give to you. Bad news, the people can't afford the promises politicians made.

Quote:
Where are you getting the idea more people % wise receive snap in the rural areas than in the inner cities? Where are you getting the idea a government pension is any thing but that? A pension that people pay into, just like a 401K or any other form of retirement? Do you honestly think government employees do not pay into retirement? This goes for disability as well. I think you really need to do some research. if you did you wouldn't have to ask these questions.
Here's a clue: 100% of everything a government employee gets was earned by someone else who actually worked and produced something for it. Government only consumes and obstructs.

Quote:
What, exactly is your argument?

Old 02-08-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I agree, that's why they turn to FOX News.

However, I disagree with the part about deep down, they know these comforting lies are not true.

They do believe in the fairy tales on FOX News, probably a majority of the viewers do. These are not astute political watchers with the ability to discern fact from fiction. If they were, they would not be watching that crap.
Funny how you have no idea what you're talking aobut... but insist that those who don't agree with you are not able to discern fact from fiction.... You're posting fiction. Pretty much every post you make is fiction.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:52 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,072,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Omg, you guys are so crazy funny its unbelievable. Liberals cannot be men because they believe in a safety net for those in need? Most liberals are white metrosexual yuppies? Only conservative men are into cars hunting and fishing?

You guys are proving everyday what I've always assumed. That most of the displays of y'all holding your guns, showcasing your trucks and recently hunted bucks is largely a pride thing and a way to tell liberals to suck it. Over the last five years I've noticed the people in my home town (which is about as reactionary as you can get), become way more "country" and way more expressive about their way of life. It's as though y'all really truly feel that your way of life us being threatened and so you guys turned up the "I'm a conservative and proud of it" mantra to 11!

I was seeing people I knew that were never really all that into the life suddenly dress like they worked at a feed store. Others wore cowboy boots when i'd never seen them wear a pair before and there were suddenly WAY more pics of them on FB with guns and hunted animals quoting the 2nd amendment and Bible verses.

Y'all really think your being rebels or something. LOL.

It's like y'all's way of being anti establishment or something.
I wouldn't disagree with you there. There's a "conservative culture" that's developing, or at least several conservative cultures. There's the Christian right one, which has its own set of rules. The truck driving, camo wearing hunting types don't really fit in there because they like to drink beer and have premarital sex and stuff, and that's frowned upon in conservative Christian circles. So Bible verses for that group just show that they're American, country, Southern, etc.

That being said, I think the long term trend favors Republicans if they stop being evil. If they got rid of marginalizing the unfortunate, the uninsured, minorities, LGBT, etc., for real, the Democrats and their nanny-state policies would be wildly unpopular. The Democrats know this, and they're scurred, which is why they're trying to make a lot of noise about it right now when the Republicans are clinically insane.

I'll sum it up - the average American is "bro." (I know this is a gendered term, but I mean this in somewhat of a gendered neutral way.) You're chill, you help people in need, and you treat others with respect. You know who the real oppressors are, and you don't assign the "oppressor" label lightly. I think the "country" guys you describe above get that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies