Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 06:46 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Who is going to attack us? North Korea or Iran attacking the US is just a Red Dawn fantasy.
9-11-2001........it can happen again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 06:47 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
Again no one wants to attack us because they can't..they know they will lose.

Someone broke into my house twice, so I got an alarm system installed. Now, no one wants to break in. Guess I should get rid of it now.
Conservative logical error #1: Never equate your own personal situation with an internationally recognized and revered institution like the US government

Old 02-06-2014, 06:50 PM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,176,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Conservative logical error #1: Never equate your own personal situation with an internationally recognized and revered institution like the US government
Why because it supports my point and not yours?

The fact of the matter is without the military, you'd probably be paying high taxes to the queen and I'd probably be picking cotton somewhere. The military is a great tool that that unfortunately our leaders use incorrectly. The tool isn't the issue...its the user.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:53 PM

878 posts, read 942,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
When you add up all the Federal benefits that these Republican counties receive from SS, Medicare, Tricare, VA, Govt Retirement Checks, Disabilty, Snap, EITC, SSI, . add on miliatry bases and other government jobs and it doesnt make any sense. The Republican Party is one big government check and yet they want small gubbermint.

Heres a link how a good part of the Tea Party types voted againt their interests.

The 'Red' Rural Map of the 2012 Vote | Daily Yonder | Keep It Rural
Because they're stupid. Next.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:56 PM
PJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
9-11-2001........it can happen again.
I wasn't even going to bring that up. I guess that didn't happen.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:02 PM

108 posts, read 110,747 times
Wisconsin kind of breaks the rural conservative meme. My county,a rural one voted twice for Obama. In this state,the suburban Milwaukee counties and the Green Bay area are the areas of strength for the GOP.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:06 PM
PJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School Reactionary View Post
Wisconsin kind of breaks the rural conservative meme. My county,a rural one voted twice for Obama. In this state,the suburban Milwaukee counties and the Green Bay area are the areas of strength for the GOP.
Where I live the suburban and rural counties do vote GOP but they are the more affluent counties that don't get a lot of government assistance where as the main county, Richmond, leans democratic and being the main county it of course has the projects, and the lower income people that receive the most government support. Nothing is absolute.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:07 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
Where I live the suburban and rural counties do vote GOP but they are the more affluent counties that don't get a lot of government assistance where as the main county, Richmond, leans democratic and being the main county it of course has the projects, and the lower income people that receive the most government support. Nothing is absolute.
Virginia? Things seem better down there than here. Up here in Northern VA, snobby liberal elites now get to decide what's right for the state.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:08 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,934,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
It would be nice if the Tea Party types admitted they were a bunch of hypocrites between their triple-bypasses courtesy of Medicare...that they never paid for.
WTH are you psycho babbling about like a childish little snot that doesn't have a clue to how the real world works?

While I am not yet collecting social security I am on medicare and let me give you a few facts about both that you might not be aware of.

Medicare is not "free" I pay for it every month.

Let me break it down for you.

Part A is "free" and that is the hospitalization however there are deductibles and co-pays. Deductible is $147 and then there is a 20% co-pay so that $40,000 bypass can easily cost the retiree $8,147 with the deductable.

Part B cost $104.90 monthly and what it pays for is doctors so you should know the "free" medicare I get doesn't pay one penny towards any of my doctor bills. If I purchase the optional Part B for $104.70 (which I do) every month medicare will pay 80% of my doctor bills so if the surgeon costs $3,000 I get to pay $600 of that out of my own pocket.

Then you can purchase a supplement plan which I do for $142 per month. The supplemental play is sweet, it picks up my deductibles and co pays but with this my "free" medicare costs me $246.90 per month and then there is the Part D which is drugs. The Part D costs me $30 monthly which brings my total cost for my monthly health insurance to $276.90. Not exactly free, my wife and I together pay $553.80 for our "free medicare" and that is for the two of us.

Now there is an additional thing you need to be aware of before you start swinging the ignorant dead dog around your head.

I've been working and paying social security and medicare taxes since 1966 which is coming up on half a century.

I am not going to detail my lifetime earnings but I will detail what I earned annually, along with the taxes I paid, from 1966 as a young teen through 1980

You can see I have been paying social security and medicare taxes from 1966.

Those dollar amounts given are straight off my social security statement without inflation so the $2,021.84 I paid in for just 1980 is equivalent to $5,716.04 in 2014 dollars. Yet somehow you hold to the belief that I being a baby boomer is getting something off your hard working back that I never paid for.

Generation X sort of believes the idea baby boomers are getting free stuff but what is scary is Generation Y totally believes everything baby boomers get they didn't work for as if it is something they were taught at Karl Marx University. Very disconcerting.

Now lets talk about the total I paid in for both social security and medicare taxes.

The links are on the clip for viewing what the historical simple bank savings book paid over the years.

I calculated that if I had simply deposited what I paid into social security and medicare into a simple bank passbook savings account earning when I turned 63 I would have had about $670,000 in my bank account. That is a simple bank account and not the stock market or mutual funds because if I had done that, deposited the money into a conservative mutual fund, at age 63 I would have had close to $1,500,000 when I turned 63. Yet somehow there are people like you who fervently believe I am getting something for free.

I plan to retire at 70, I am still working and paying both social security and medicare taxes, and when I do my monthly benefit is calculated to be right around $3,000 monthly. By paying into social security and medicare until I am 70 my account would be worth near $800,000 when I receive my first social security check.

To "break even" I am gong to have to live 266 months or 22.2 years when I hit 92 years old and that isn't figuring earning any interest as my $800,000 would be sitting there are I could at least go to age 95.

I very much doubt I will live to 92, much less 95, to hit my break even point.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:11 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
1.) It takes an unusually sick, fanatical breed of liberal to point to a group of people who have had their savings and resources taken from them by force for year after year, and who are determined to get it back....

....and try to pretend that their desire to get at least some of it back, constitutes "approval" of the thefts in the first place!

2.) //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post33259327

3.) //www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/2035911-chuck-schumer-shows-ugly-face-liberalism-2.html#post33160455

4.) //www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/1994502-would-obamacare-offficials-prosecuted-fed-govt-3.html#post32287125
It's amazing is it not? Democrats create programs (that they can't pay for in the first place) by taking money from people without their approval in the name of "do-gooding" and they're forced to pay for them their entire working lives by threat and coercion and when they go to get that money back out of the system they were forced to pay for the goddamn morons who forced them into that system ***** and moan and call them leeches.

It's a good thing these idiots have the foresite of a gnat and even worse math skills. They're entire crappy plate spinning charade is going to come crashing down and they will all be forced into generations of forced austerity (if not longer).

We should make sure we get as many faces connected to the liberal disease as possible and permanantly posted to the Internet so that it will forever be know who was responsible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies