Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 10:45 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times

Advertisements

More government welfare programs for the rich. Where is the left and their condemnation? They are screaming for us to add even more debt and for more "rebuilding" programs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 08:27 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,734,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
The article is an outrage.....wtf?

WHY is this being done. I refuse to listen to bs Sequestration arguments from right or left when both ARE subsidizing this fraudulent white elephant "memorial" what a farce.

BILLIONS in FRAUD
The Port Authority of NY/NJ is a bastion of corruption.
and guess who pays-

"typical commuter who uses the George Washington Bridge will have to pay $62.50 a week to get to work."
- as long as Christie keeps it open

Their tolls will be more then alot of their car payments.

Disgusting.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I thought that was all NY State government, NYC government and private investors in it to make a profit.
How much is the federal government into it?
Is ground zero now federally owned property?
In a simple way- It is owned by the Port Authority of NY/NJ; they lease space to tenents.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
The Tea Party is mostly a paper tiger. As we have seen from the 2010 elections they are mostly concerned about their Medicare. Bush bought them off with Medicare Part D. Their real outrage is reserved for someone who isnt white occupying the Whitehouse and anyone who wants government to interfere with their Medicare.
I hope you realize there are people who care about the overall viability of our Government and want to see things like this fixed. I do wonder why Bailouts, wars and corporate welfare do not phase the so called tea party?

Old 02-07-2014, 08:39 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,326,320 times
I'm not sure people give a krap anymore. Taxpayers took an $11 billion beating over the bailout of GM. Over $431 billion or more went into TARP, the ACA is beating the hell out of the middle-class, the Fed prints $85 billion and up a month....so $11 bil to replace the WTC, you know, I just shrug at this point.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:40 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,855,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
The Tea Party is mostly a paper tiger. As we have seen from the 2010 elections they are mostly concerned about their Medicare. Bush bought them off with Medicare Part D. Their real outrage is reserved for someone who isnt white occupying the Whitehouse and anyone who wants government to interfere with their Medicare.

Child, please.

Again, you left off Tricare and the VA -- where's the love for them?

EVERYONE should be pissed off about this government waste. This is worse than Ted "Liquor? I Hardly Know Her" Kennedy's pork-laden BigDig in Boston.

The tragedy of 9/11 is that it didn't end that day -- this one will be felt for decades.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:44 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,855,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
I hope you realize there are people who care about the overall viability of our Government and want to see things like this fixed. I do wonder why Bailouts, wars and corporate welfare do not phase the so called tea party?
I don't identify with any political party, and this kind of blatant ripoff really irritates me. What I can't figure out is why EVERYONE -- regardless of political affiliation -- isn't mobilized to some kind of action? Or has everyone just given up raging against the machine?

Old 02-07-2014, 08:45 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,866,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post

The tragedy of 9/11 is that it didn't end that day -- this one will be felt for decades.
Bush, on pot, would say, "It's over, move on."

Or, the diabolical answer, "Mission Accomplished".

Old 02-07-2014, 08:48 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,199 times
Problem is that everyone is too busy pointing fingers on each side and would rather not do anything about it, they rather play the blame game and point fingers. Thats the reality of this country. The day people actually smarten up , stop with the left right and tea party bull**** , is the day America will maybe start getting better.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:54 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,927,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
The Port Authority of NY/NJ is a bastion of corruption.
and guess who pays-

"typical commuter who uses the George Washington Bridge will have to pay $62.50 a week to get to work."
- as long as Christie keeps it open

Their tolls will be more then alot of their car payments.

Disgusting.
Good point! The Verrazzano Bridge from Staten Island to Brooklyn now has a toll of $15. The George Washington toll is $13.

$300 a Month to cross a bridge 10 times a week? My mortgage is $400.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies