Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 09:03 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Good point! The Verrazzano Bridge from Staten Island to Brooklyn now has a toll of $15. The George Washington toll is $13.

$300 a Month to cross a bridge 10 times a week? My mortgage is $400.

GWB is actually 14 , lets not forget the Lincoln and Holland Tunnels too ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 09:44 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
I hope you realize there are people who care about the overall viability of our Government and want to see things like this fixed. I do wonder why Bailouts, wars and corporate welfare do not phase the so called tea party?
I guess you forgot what got them the prominence they currently have. It was their protests of the bailouts. Also one shouldn't condemn a group for something they refuse to do themselves.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:45 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid
argle-blargle tea party. argle-blargle medicare part D. argle-blargle tricare. argle-blargle mobility scooters. argle-blargle [race card]. argle-blargle medicaid. argle-blargle tea party. argle-blargle oxygen tanks. argle-blargle republican base. argle-blargle VA. argle-blargle medicare. argle-blargle racists. argle-blargle gubbermint check. argle-blargle tea party. argle-blargle argle-blargle.
same s___, different day

Old 02-08-2014, 02:55 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
More government welfare programs for the rich. Where is the left and their condemnation? They are screaming for us to add even more debt and for more "rebuilding" programs.
Hey there

I'm the left (on social issues) and I'm against Lucky larrys federal welfare.

I converge with the real outrage of initial tea party people (not the co-opted movement owned by Koch Bros.)

do your research, people are fed up with all these federal corporate welfare illegalities.

Silverstein is a corporate welfare pig. Nothing more.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:03 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Hey there

I'm the left (on social issues) and I'm against Lucky larrys federal welfare.

I converge with the real outrage of initial tea party people (not the co-opted movement owned by Koch Bros.)

do your research, people are fed up with all these federal corporate welfare illegalities.

Silverstein is a corporate welfare pig. Nothing more.
Of course I know there are a few but the majority will vote for someone in the next election that will continue the same practice people say they don't support.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:08 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
There is plenty of anger and outrage. In fact it what all of us who scream about pork keep talking about. How much of that stimulus was spent on signs that read Paid for by the Stimulus package?
Citizens Against Government waste. Non-partisan and accurate.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:10 PM

Anyone in metro NY here? any protests going on? I'm south and haven't been to Ground Zero in a bit. Just wondering.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:13 PM

4 BILLION wasn't enough for Luck Larry

U.S. District Judge Alvin Hellerstein dismissed the suit brought by several companies associated with Silverstein against QBE Insurance, Industrial Risk Insurers and three Lloyds of London syndicates, ruling that the $4 billion Silverstein received in a 2007 settlement with insurers compensated him in full for any damages.
Silverstein had claimed additional damages against aviation companies including United Continental Holdings and AMR Corporation’s American Airlines.
Insurers who paid Silverstein in 2007 later sued to recoup the money they had paid out from the aviation defendants, ultimately settling for $1.2 billion.

what a disgrace. I hope everyone stands up against this fraud.

Larry Silverstein | WTC Lawsuit

Old 02-08-2014, 04:57 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
The Tea Party is mostly a paper tiger. As we have seen from the 2010 elections they are mostly concerned about their Medicare. Bush bought them off with Medicare Part D. Their real outrage is reserved for someone who isnt white occupying the Whitehouse and anyone who wants government to interfere with their Medicare.
This schtick is getting old. Quit it!

Old 02-08-2014, 05:06 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post

That is made up fiction by your bosom buddies who never tell the truth about anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies