Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2014, 02:27 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 02:32 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Are fried chicken, watermelon, corn bread and collard greens offensive to eat during Black history month? What say the CD black folks?
Not really.

Personally I don't like fried chicken and watermelon together....

But assuming that all black people like it is the problem.

My self personally...I have fried chicken maybe once every 4 or 5 months...and I might have watermelon once a year.

Old 02-07-2014, 02:36 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I've attended plenty of schools...not one ever served fried chicken to my knowledge.

That's because doing so is a logistical nightmare. Schools feed children easy to prepare meals...not foods from a deep fryer.

Again...that's a lie. No truth to what he said.
pure idiocy.

i have attended plenty of schools myself. fried chicken was hardly a rarity.

news flash: a deep fryer is not required to cook fried chicken

Quote:
It's all too obvious. Any one can spot the nonsense in that post.

For a school to serve fried chicken would be a cluster**** of epic proportions. It's not feasible. Schools have to serve quickly prepared meals, which is why schools lunches leave much to be desired taste wise.

LMAO...only a fool would believe something like that.

LMAO. better tell the 'fools' at these schools

Spoiler

Old 02-07-2014, 02:37 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
I suggest the students be required to read and discuss the 2111 Hamden Rice article about what MLK and the other civil rights leaders really did. IMO, much has been lost in the younger folks understanding about the way things were. They have nothing to relate it to. The article might provide a little understanding.

Old 02-07-2014, 02:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Picture your typical student…

They google "African American food"
Now us adults will venture towards the factual, education sites.

The kids..they probably went to the google images result.
I just did that and almost every image has a piece of fried chicken in it.

Kids are going to opt for pictures over words any day.

Go try it and see the images yourself.
Sad case of kids being just that..kids.
They do believe everything they read and see on the internet
Good points.

Old 02-07-2014, 02:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I suggest the students be required to read and discuss the 2111 Hamden Rice article about what MLK and the other civil rights leaders really did. IMO, much has been lost in the younger folks understanding about the way things were. They have nothing to relate it to. The article might provide a little understanding.
In the apology letter the principal said the entire school was going to diversity training.

Old 02-07-2014, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
pure idiocy.

i have attended plenty of schools myself. fried chicken was hardly a rarity.

news flash: a deep fryer is not required to cook fried chicken

LMAO. better tell the 'fools' at these schools

Spoiler
What in the hell is "pan fried chicken?"

Please...describe that to us genius.

Old 02-07-2014, 02:58 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
What in the hell is "pan fried chicken?"

Please...describe that to us genius.
LMAO. look at dd run away from the other graphic where the word 'pan' is nowhere to be found. might as well take your lumps like a man

woops, forgot who i was talking to for a minute. never mind

never heard of pan-fried chicken, huh? wow. like i belleve that for a split second. you really do need the services of a genius with that level of knowledge. i suggest you try google.

well lookie here. another fool school [actually, the entire atlanta public school system] was serving deep fried chicken as recently as 2009, probably well after aeroguydc graduated. how can this be?

Old 02-07-2014, 03:00 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Blacks were not allowed in many restaurants.... so when they traveled they had to take their own meals with them. Fried chicken was a good non messy food they could make at home, that didn't need special containers, didn't spoil, and it traveled well.
Besides that it's just good eating, even for us white guys.

Old 02-07-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
LMAO. look at dd run away from the other graphic where the word 'pan' is nowhere to be found. might as well take your lumps like a man

woops, forgot who i was talking to for a minute. never mind

never heard of pan-fried chicken, huh? wow. like i belleve that for a split second. you really do need the services of a genius with that level of knowledge. i suggest you try google.

well lookie here. another fool school [actually, the entire atlanta public school system] was serving deep fried chicken as recently as 2009, probably well after aeroguydc graduated. how can this be?
Great...you found a school that served fried chicken at some point in their history...which still gives ZERO validity to ADC's nonsense.

Yeah...his school cafeteria was strangely quiet and calm on days where fried chicken wad served.

Yeah..right.

And my question has still gone unanswered...what does fried chicken and watermelon have to do with African Americans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies