Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 10:50 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2f42 View Post
While using the tax laws, within the law I have no problem with. It's the people who intentionally look for ways to illegally avoid paying taxs that irritates me. I know a few people who have for 30 plus years ....basically cheated on taxs, admit it, and say to bad for the suckers who don't cheat and They really believe if you don't get caught it's OK. They have been able to get away with it so long, they now live a very nice life style while others in their equivalent income levels who were honest with their taxs and paid them - (for example) - remain worried about the bills next month. How is that different than say..welfare fraud ? OR ???

I do everything I possibly can to lower my tax bill.

I'd rather buy equipment and write it off and resell it for a loss, just so the tax man get zero from me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
If you listen to people here you would believe that taxes are theft, and they're just trying to avoid getting robbed.....

If I don't pay the robber, what is my penalty? Do I just get to turn and walk away when he asks?

There is nothing voluntary about income based taxing.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:08 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2f42 View Post
While using the tax laws, within the law I have no problem with. It's the people who intentionally look for ways to illegally avoid paying taxs that irritates me. I know a few people who have for 30 plus years ....basically cheated on taxs, admit it, and say to bad for the suckers who don't cheat and They really believe if you don't get caught it's OK. They have been able to get away with it so long, they now live a very nice life style while others in their equivalent income levels who were honest with their taxs and paid them - (for example) - remain worried about the bills next month. How is that different than say..welfare fraud ? OR ???
The fact is that the income tax laws are unconstitutional to begin with. It is impossible to cheat on taxes that are illegal constitutionally to begin with.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:46 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Probably a reference to the fact that many believe he didn't release his earlier tax returns because its believed they would show he took advantage of a tax amnesty for the prior years.

Theres some pretty strong circumstantial evidence this is true, but nothing proved. The unwillingness to release from a man whose father was a open proponent of releasing more then a couple years because a couple years could be massaged was damning in many peoples eyes.
actually i believe most of the returns had been released the last few times romney ran for office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I never said he did anything illegal.
Tacky and unpatriotic, yes, but not illegal.
oh no, heaven forbid you should actually come out and accuse someone of doing something illegal. oyu would rather be like a typical democrat on the order of harry reid and others, and insinuate that something MIGHT be going on, and it should be investigated. never mind that the IRS audited romneys returns and found nothing wrong.

Quote:
Sigh.

No but maybe...just MAYBE you shouldn't put so much effort into not paying your share, and exploiting every loophole you can find. And maybe....just MAYBE if you do those things, you should also publicly say "yes I paid the least I could, but im going to do my best to make the extremes I took it to illegal"
so then someone who takes full advantage of the tax laws is somehow doing something wrong, just not illegal. again typical liberal logic. never mind that romney paid MILLIONS in taxes, he didnt pay enough millions in taxes, so he did something wrong.

Old 02-08-2014, 12:31 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,934 times
I could care less if others cheat on their taxes. It's not any of my business. Personally I'm glad that they got away with being able to keep more of the money that they worked for and earned rather than having the government pi$$ most of it away. After state, federal, medicaid, social security, sales, property, etc taxes, most Americans do not get to keep much of their money to begin with. You go to work and your paycheck is taxed, then the money that was already taxed is taxed again when you buy something, then on some items you're taxed while you own the item that was already taxed 2x, and then if you ever sell an item, it get's taxed for a 4th time... No, I could care less about the Average middle class American being able to keep what's rightfully theirs. The OP's anger and time should be directed at how the government is spending/wasting money that they took instead of worrying about other people's finances... That's between them and the IRS...

Old 02-08-2014, 12:51 AM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Like Mitt Romney?
Yeah, be careful there.. Your beloved moon bats are crooks to..

Old 02-08-2014, 01:28 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
Tax evaders are the worst non-violent criminals. They're screwing over people like you and I who pay our taxes. It doesn't matter whether you're cheating by declaring illegitimate deductions or by failing to pay taxes on your online purchases on Amazon and the alike... you're just scum. Sadly, we have these low quality people as peers.

Old 02-08-2014, 01:30 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
I could care less if others cheat on their taxes. It's not any of my business. Personally I'm glad that they got away with being able to keep more of the money that they worked for and earned rather than having the government pi$$ most of it away. After state, federal, medicaid, social security, sales, property, etc taxes, most Americans do not get to keep much of their money to begin with. You go to work and your paycheck is taxed, then the money that was already taxed is taxed again when you buy something, then on some items you're taxed while you own the item that was already taxed 2x, and then if you ever sell an item, it get's taxed for a 4th time... No, I could care less about the Average middle class American being able to keep what's rightfully theirs. The OP's anger and time should be directed at how the government is spending/wasting money that they took instead of worrying about other people's finances... That's between them and the IRS...
The screwing your peers by cheating on your taxes doesn't accomplish anything other than making you a cheat and screwing your peers. If you want to change taxes, then do that. Don't be a criminal.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:28 AM

45,223 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Tax evaders are the worst non-violent criminals. They're screwing over people like you and I who pay our taxes. It doesn't matter whether you're cheating by declaring illegitimate deductions or by failing to pay taxes on your online purchases on Amazon and the alike... you're just scum. Sadly, we have these low quality people as peers.
Ignoring the fact that taxes are theft.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post

It is not yours to get skrewed over.
The federal and state governments skrew you over, by forcing you to pay up, suker
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies