Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 12:43 PM

28,880 posts, read 30,155,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Cremebrulee> very good post.
Looking at the bigger picture is exactly correct. I also believe both parties are corrupt.
Time to start over. Maybe "the peoples party"
well, it would sure put a halt to what is presently going on, wouldn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2007, 01:27 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,946,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing12 View Post
I agree, Republicans are the oppresors and the Democrats are the ones who are trying to make a difference, it might make sense why Republicans appear to be mentally healthier
Please tell me what the Republicans have done to opress you.. I'm all ears.. I'm soo interested in finding out how I can help, or is this yet another one of those forum accusations based upon nothing at all...

Old 12-08-2007, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I'm so glad I saw that little smile face cuz otherwise I'd wonder how you made this comparison. It would be interesting to know who has what you call private insurance, and who has subsidized health care. Subsidized by employers, I'd say, and not the government. I don't believe anyone can get Medicare or Medicaid program relief unless they are age and/or income-eligible. Further, I don't believe the forms for these programs include a question about one's political party affiliation.

As for mental health perhaps if you have sufficient health care insurance, one's visits to a medical health provider is included.
I'm glad you noticed that little smile also.. haha..

To me, private insurance is those subsidized by the employer also, because they choose to accept that insurance, and the employer chooses to subsidize it..

non private insurance is those publicy funded where there is no choice.

Old 12-08-2007, 01:37 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,181,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing12 View Post
I agree, Republicans are the oppresors and the Democrats are the ones who are trying to make a difference, it might make sense why Republicans appear to be mentally healthier
Really? Then, why are the Democrats, led by Senator Harry Reid, stopping legislation that would help provide affordable health insurance to millions of people?

Old 12-08-2007, 01:53 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,047,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm glad you noticed that little smile also.. haha..

To me, private insurance is those subsidized by the employer also, because they choose to accept that insurance, and the employer chooses to subsidize it..

non private insurance is those publicy funded where there is no choice.
Re: health insurance; I pay 100% of my premiums, I am not happy that my employer does not offer it, but, thank God I am in the financial position to afford at least 'bare bones' coverage ($2,500 deductible, etc).

The fact that I do not smoke and that I barely missed the BMI cutoff allowed me to get coverage.....I know many other people who are basically 'screwed' through no fault of their own (pre existing conditions).

Although; if/when I leave my present job, my coverage follows me.

Old 12-08-2007, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Re: health insurance; I pay 100% of my premiums, I am not happy that my employer does not offer it, but, thank God I am in the financial position to afford at least 'bare bones' coverage ($2,500 deductible, etc).

The fact that I do not smoke and that I barely missed the BMI cutoff allowed me to get coverage.....I know many other people who are basically 'screwed' through no fault of their own (pre existing conditions).

Although; if/when I leave my present job, my coverage follows me.
Just think, if the Democrats have their way.. You'll be paying medical bills for smokers.. and actually rewarding them for damaging their bodies by not making them pay their own bills, because the public will pickup the tab for medical.

Old 12-08-2007, 05:50 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,047,480 times
Quote:
Just think, if the Democrats have their way.. You'll be paying medical bills for smokers.. and actually rewarding them for damaging their bodies by not making them pay their own bills, because the public will pickup the tab for medical.
And; if my rates drop........who am I to complain?

Old 12-08-2007, 05:53 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,151,472 times
Quote:
There is an offset though, in savings to Social Security. It seems like as most cases, we just have tradeoffs, depending how the program would ultimately be structured.

Old 12-08-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And; if my rates drop........who am I to complain?
What makes you think they will drop? If you pay the bill for ONE smoker.. your bill goes up.. now out of america, what % of them are smokers?

Old 12-08-2007, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
There is an offset though, in savings to Social Security. It seems like as most cases, we just have tradeoffs, depending how the program would ultimately be structured.
haha... sad but true..

Wouldnt it be ironic if we get national healthcare, and then people get the right to withdraw from the social security system?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies