Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2014, 06:11 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yes you did. Don't worry though I'm not a big baby like your buddies. Now back to the topic..............which you of course have had no comment about for some reason? Syrup heating up?
What are you babbling about? I simply asked if you ever had one substantive post on this forum and you started crying about going to get a moderator.

Yes, the topic I have been involved with for the entire thread and have included many facts to back my viewpoint, and you have provided...................well, nothing. As usual.

Back to ignore ya go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 06:45 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
I said nothing about a moderator. It appears you have strayed from the topic because you don't like how it's going and decide to go after me. Well have at it. Crying gets you no stars dannyboy. You have no argument because it's been destroyed in this thread so now try and make things personal with me for some reason. Hey have at it. I just laugh at you folks. Look in the mirror and I bet you will laugh too.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:49 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
So now oxygen is a greenhouse gas?!
I don't know much about our atmosphere. But I know "science" made the computer I'm typing on, it let a man walk on the moon, it shows us the inside of our bodies with CAT scans, and it made hydrogen bombs that are so powerful its mind blowing.

If you want to have a complex discussion about our atmosphere, you will have to find someone else. All I know is NASA says, 97% of all climate scientists say "man made global warming is happening." And NASA says global warming could flip this planet inside out.

Chad.

Climate Change: Consensus
A Chilling Possibility - NASA Science

Old 02-10-2014, 06:55 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
I don't know much about our atmosphere. But I know "science" made the computer I'm typing on, it let a man walk on the moon, it shows us the inside of our bodies with CAT scans, and it made hydrogen bombs that are so powerful its mind blowing.

If you want to have a complex discussion about our atmosphere, you will have to find someone else. All I know is NASA says, 97% of all climate scientists say "man made global warming is happening." And NASA says global warming could flip this planet inside out.

Chad.

Climate Change: Consensus
A Chilling Possibility - NASA Science
James Hansen was the lead "scientist" at NASA and has been discredited. Now does someone like James Jones prove Christianity wrong? No, but he discredited his church.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
James Hansen was the lead "scientist" at NASA and has been discredited. Now does someone like James Jones prove Christianity wrong? No, but he discredited his church.
James Hansen has never been discredited. Character assassination has always been a stalwart tactic of the right, discredit the messenger, you discredit the message.

Except, well, you don't, except amongst the scientifically illiterate. And no matter how hard you try, you cannot keep convincing a majority of Americans that their eyes are lying. Common sense and human observation backs science.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:34 PM

And in case anyone thinks one severe winter marks the end of climate change, here is a reality check:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/08/op...snow.html?_r=0

Old 02-10-2014, 07:34 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
James Hansen has never been discredited. Character assassination has always been a stalwart tactic of the right, discredit the messenger, you discredit the message.

Except, well, you don't, except amongst the scientifically illiterate. And no matter how hard you try, you cannot keep convincing a majority of Americans that their eyes are lying. Common sense and human observation backs science.
While I disagree with Seabass I do have to give him some credit for maintaining some self respect.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:40 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
"The most likely explanation for the lack of significant warming at the Earth’s surface in the past decade or so is that natural climate cycles—a series of La Niña events and a negative phase of the lesser-known Pacific Decadal Oscillation—caused shifts in ocean circulation patterns that moved some excess heat into the deep ocean. Even so, recent years have been some of the warmest on record, and scientists expect temperatures will swing back up soon."

Why did Earth

The Earths weather goes through cycles, like here in New Orleans. During the years before and after hurricane Katrina we had to evacuate New Orleans 1 or 2 times each hurricane season. But for the last few years we have not needed to evacuate a single time.

Some years there are many hurricanes, and some years there are very few hurricanes, the overall weather on the whole planet works the same way.
Oh yeah, the ocean ate the heat. Even if that was true, it doesn't explain the lack of rebound during El Nino. Unless, of course, the ocean ate all the greenhouse gasses too - but that can't be the case since we keep seeing the "hockey stick" GHS graph increase exponentially. I guess I'll just have to sit here and wait for the heat to "swing back up soon."

Old 02-10-2014, 07:46 PM

1,676 posts, read 1,534,863 times
ITT: people who don't know anything about climate science. Then again, it IS the City Data forums so what else would I expect?

Old 02-10-2014, 08:02 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
And in case anyone thinks one severe winter marks the end of climate change, here is a reality check:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/08/op...snow.html?_r=0
Meanwhile, in Slovenia...

Life grinds to a halt in Slovenia's frozen west
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies