Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 09:02 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
How times change! Just 3 decades ago conservatives hated everything Russia stood for, now American conservatives are Russia's biggest cheerleaders.
I'd pick up arms in a second against Russia if I felt it was a threat. That being stated I enjoy the ****(State Dept approved word) out of watching this POSTUS' admin get its comeuppance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 09:03 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
How times change! Just 3 decades ago conservatives hated everything Russia stood for, now American conservatives are Russia's biggest cheerleaders.
This was noted elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Often because liberals are personally invested in the things they think - if you reject something, they take it personally. Like an artist who reacts angrily over criticism of their work - it's personal.

It's also why when people say "Obamacare will raise rates and decrease overall benefits relative to those rates" the response is "Why do you hate the poor?" rather than make any attempt to refute it. It is a mindset of "If you're not with me, you're a bad person".
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ve-better.html

Obviously if you do not agree with the governments spying programs and get a chuckle out of the abusers complaining about others doing the same thing you are obviously a big fan of Russia.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:14 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This was noted elsewhere.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ve-better.html

Obviously if you do not agree with the governments spying programs and get a chuckle out of the abusers complaining about others doing the same thing you are obviously a big fan of Russia.
That's not what I'm saying at all. I just find it amusing how some conservatives put their hate of this president before a love of country. I personally don't agree with our government spying on US citizens so your argument really can't hold water.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:41 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,795,020 times
Quote:
30 years ago President Reagan was still fighting against the commie-loving democrats to try to win the cold war. Thankfully he won, but the commie-loving democrats now occupy our White House and Senate.

Maybe you didn't notice anything that changed in the former Soviet Union during the last 3 decades?

Quote:
If you don't see the cheerleading you only have one eye open. Conservatives are cheerleading not only on this issue but every time Putin stands up to Obama and not to mention the entire Snowden thing...

FDR made friends with Stalin because both were standing up against Hitler.
Perhaps FDR felt that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Putin didn't take away my healthcare, he didn't raise my taxes at the point of a gun, he doesn't spy on my communications, he isn't doubling my national debt, he isn't destroying my country, and he poses no threat to my freedom, unlike Obama.
The enemy right here with his hand on my wallet is a greater threat than an enemy way over there who hasn't ever hurt me.

If Putin and Obama fought in a MMA cage match, who would you support? Wanna bet?

Old 02-08-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
That's not what I'm saying at all. I just find it amusing how some conservatives put their hate of this president before a love of country.
Hating this president spying on us is because of a love of country.

Quote:
I personally don't agree with our government spying on US citizens so your argument really can't hold water.
It was your argument.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:43 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,795,020 times
Quote:
That's not what I'm saying at all. I just find it amusing how some conservatives put their hate of this president before a love of country. I personally don't agree with our government spying on US citizens so your argument really can't hold water.
I'm amazed at liberals who put their love of Obama above their love of country.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
I'm amazed at liberals who put their love of Obama above their love of country.
When he was Candidate Obama he railed against spying so not even Obama can be consistent here.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:50 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
30 years ago President Reagan was still fighting against the commie-loving democrats to try to win the cold war. Thankfully he won, but the commie-loving democrats now occupy our White House and Senate.

Maybe you didn't notice anything that changed in the former Soviet Union during the last 3 decades?

FDR made friends with Stalin because both were standing up against Hitler.
Perhaps FDR felt that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Putin didn't take away my healthcare, he didn't raise my taxes at the point of a gun, he doesn't spy on my communications, he isn't doubling my national debt, he isn't destroying my country, and he poses no threat to my freedom, unlike Obama.
The enemy right here with his hand on my wallet is a greater threat than an enemy way over there who hasn't ever hurt me.

If Putin and Obama fought in a MMA cage match, who would you support? Wanna bet?
Wait...what? Reagan won the Cold War??

There's that Republican humour the other thread was talking about.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:54 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,211,161 times
It just proves that all nations spy on each other. Some of us are naive to think that other countries are not doing exactly what Snowden said was happening here in US. It happens all around the world, any time you use a communication tool you are being watched. The only private communication is standing next to the person and talking.

I would not be surprised if some other stuff comes out during the Oly.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:57 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Now if we could get her drunk and talking about Benghazi....

What a diplomatic core Obama has assembled with VN and the three amigo ambassadors who won the door prize for campaign donations!!!!!

At least Kerry looks the part.

Last edited by Kracer; 02-08-2014 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: edit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies