Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 01:39 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,880,990 times

Advertisements

Just read in Worth magazine that 20 years from now , robots /technology will replace approximately 47% of the current crops of jobs. I think those left behind in the future will be those who have no social skills, or creative ability to work with others. The things that computers can't do.

Old 02-10-2014, 02:00 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post

Technology will continue to destroy jobs faster and in greater numbers than they're being created.

This is the subject that everyone in the government avoids - Democrats and Republicans.
100-200 years ago, 70-80% of the population worked on farms and grew enough surplus to feed the other 20-30%. Today, less than 1% of the people work on farms. Technology has replaced the need for humans.

Then came the industrial revolution and again, fast forward and technology has eliminated more jobs than it has created.

I read somewhere that more than 75% of all current jobs will be eliminated by the end of the century.

The masses blame government and politicians blame the other party.

In 2100, people will read about this transition and laugh.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:54 PM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
People just seem to becoming clueless ignoramuses and adult sized toddlers with much of the new gizmos and technology.
They blab and gab constantly on the phone and talk about nothing. I was in a store yesterday and some yutz was talking to whoever she was shopping with asking her where she was in the store and what she was getting. Why the need to be in constant contact with others and why the need to be constantly be entertained or diverted from what's going on around you? Not to mention you isolate yourself from others. At work on lunch people drag out the phones and watch their videos or play music or surf the internet. Nobody talks to each other anymore. They truly pathetic do it while they work ( and hope they don't get caught). Or they have to have their music, never mind focusing on their job or whats around them.
I'm a little guilty of this in an old school way because I do bring in a newspaper to work but I make it a point to maintain conversation and discuss things with those I eat with.
And then you hear some complain about the costs of their cell phone plans or their internet phones. Toys are expensive.
Cell camera phones are great for capturing events as they happen and for emergencies but they have become present day "idiot boxes" like TVs were called 40 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies