Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 09:34 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,416,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Are they right-wingers? Then that's a MAJOR victory for America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 10:19 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post

I guess you could care less if they broke into your home with a no knock warrant and beat you down but then say ......
Sounds like the vast legal, social and economic infrastructure that was created to preserve and maintain the right of one man to own another in the good ole land of the free.

Sounds like life as usual for some black people, living in the rural south, at one point in the history of the U.S.

Sounds like what >7000 Japanese-Americans experienced in the 1940's.

Sounds like what some would love to do to every person who practices the Muslim faith and lives in the U.S.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:42 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I was reading an article on this from someone who supposedly did this. It was incredibly involved.

This may have been it.
How I Renounced My US Citizenship and Why, Part I - International ...
Interesting and very informative.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:37 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
Hmmm how to put this so I don't get an infraction .... You talk about all the rights that you have "lost" and all you can come up with is "toothpaste on an airplane"... When YOU GUYS want to BAN same sex marriage by constitutional amendment and abortion when those are two of the most serious decisions a person EVER makes ... Can't take my toothpaste?? Guess I stop at the store when I get where I am going.

You do know the police "mistakes" have been going on long before Obama was President right? Seems you don't.

So the rights you have lost are:

1. Can't brush your teeth when you are on an Airplane.
2. ?
I guess you didn't see my previous post. You seem to be a fan of spewing your same sex marriage crap. Well spew away but that is up to the STATE you live in. You have heard of the tenth amendment haven't you? Most don't even know what it is. So you go on crying and whining.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Sounds like the vast legal, social and economic infrastructure that was created to preserve and maintain the right of one man to own another in the good ole land of the free.

Sounds like life as usual for some black people, living in the rural south, at one point in the history of the U.S.

Sounds like what >7000 Japanese-Americans experienced in the 1940's.

Sounds like what some would love to do to every person who practices the Muslim faith and lives in the U.S.
Sounds like...........you want it to continue to happen..........for what reason I don't know. You seem to say eh it happened before so why are you crying. Well it shouldn't happen. You don't care it appears and will just cry that it happened before so there is nothing to see here folks. I say BS.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Can't say as I blame them. These are probably working expats and seeing pushback from banks and businesses because they are US citizens which makes them (banks/business) also liable to the IRS due to the new laws.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:56 PM

Funny how folks joke about the IRS but now they will have all your health info. IRS will become the most powerful entity in the government soon. Sad times ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies