Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 06:45 AM

79,907 posts, read 43,965,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yeah right, and Gore is a climate scientist? I have no idea why you flat earth people always bring up Al Gore...You guys are just like the young earth creationists who keep bringing up Darwin...Tell me which scientists claimed that the poles would be ice free by now....

When his movie came out the believers insisted that everyone should see it as it was an important step forward. They tried to get it shown in schools. That you are now running from it is the point.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Are you telling me that there have been no massive storms in the last decade...
Once again a dishonest attempt to try and change what I said. Its a cowardly way to discuss anything.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:52 AM

33,502 posts, read 37,021,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Are you saying al gore is not a leading figure head in global warming?

Whether or not a scientist stated this, people such as you believe him.

However, saying al is NOT a major figure head in global warming, would be a lie.

Again, are you saying that al did not say that? If he is not a scientist, what gave him the right to tell this to his followers at that convention?

What gave him the right to make the movie....

Or, are you saying people just don't beleive him?
He is no scientist, so as far as I'm concerned he has no credibility regarding climate, although the science is available to him as well as anyone else....I'm sorry he hurt your feelings by making that movie....

I take the word of experts in the field of climate science, not politicians, laymen or ignorant deniers who think they are experts.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:59 AM

Hansen was a "peer reviewed" scientist. The info Gore presented was supposed to be from "peer reviewed" scientists.

The sad part is for those of us who do understand the good science can do the whole global warming thing has really damaged its reputation, deservedly or not.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:01 AM

46,186 posts, read 26,914,971 times
Quote:
He is no scientist, so as far as I'm concerned he has no credibility...I'm sorry he hurt your feelings by making that movie....

I take the word of experts in the field of climate science, not politicians, laymen or ignorant deniers who think they are experts.
Glad you agree he lies then, however, more people follow him than your so called scientist on global warming...

He did not hurt me by making that movie, he fooled many people, with that movie. What he did hurt, however, is the true cause for global warming.

Now, saying that, and if you will truley open your eyes, (we will see) I think everybody (yes even those not politicians, laymen or ignorant deniers who think they are experts) believe in global warming, just not at the break neck speed in which your buddy al has stated.

Again, whether you agree with it or not, I really don't care, al gore pulled the heart strings of many people by using the polar bears...they will die, see...look they only have that little piece of ice to live on...

Many people follow him and trust every word coming out of his mouth as the gospel of global warming, I'm sorry that that hurts your feelings....but that is the truth...whether you like it or not, al gore is a huge player in global warming...

Old 02-11-2014, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
When his movie came out the believers insisted that everyone should see it as it was an important step forward. They tried to get it shown in schools. That you are now running from it is the point.
I never saw the movie and could care less...Who is "they"?

Old 02-11-2014, 07:04 AM

Quote:
I never saw the movie and could care less...Who is "they"?
The flock.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:07 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,778,420 times
OMG... what are we going to do! I know lets give the global warming believers some money like they want... that should cure it...

Old 02-11-2014, 07:08 AM

1,634 posts, read 1,204,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Get back to us when you can tell us your excuse for believing the earth is less than 10,000 years old.
Want some tears to wash down that red herring?

Andddd on that note....

GOODNIGHT ALARMISTS....it's was a fun ride while it lasted.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:12 AM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Glad you agree he lies then, however, more people follow him than your so called scientist on global warming...
Where did I say that Gore lies?
Quote:
He did not hurt me by making that movie, he fooled many people, with that movie. What he did hurt, however, is the true cause for global warming.
The cause is humans pumping tons of CO2 into the oceans and atmosphere.

Quote:
Now, saying that, and if you will truley open your eyes, (we will see) I think everybody (yes even those not politicians, laymen or ignorant deniers who think they are experts) believe in global warming, just not at the break neck speed in which your buddy al has stated.
My buddy?...I think that deniers such as yourself see Gore as some sort of antichrist...Only deniers bring Al Gore into the debate....He must have really given you all some kind of colonoscopy and you are still butt hurt.

Quote:
Again, whether you agree with it or not, I really don't care, al gore pulled the heart strings of many people by using the polar bears...they will die, see...look they only have that little piece of ice to live on...
Actually the bears have been having a rough time but they are adapting.

Quote:
Many people follow him and trust every word coming out of his mouth as the gospel of global warming, I'm sorry that that hurts your feelings....but that is the truth...whether you like it or not, al gore is a huge player in global warming...
Only to you butt hurt deniers...Regarding evidence I'll stick with science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies