Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2014, 03:06 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,292,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christelyn324 View Post
My question is, what value does being homosexual add to the greater society?

USA Today | Sports
While I agree with you that the simple fact that someone is homosexual does not add to the greater society, I think the larger point here is that individuals who happen to be homosexual CAN and HAVE added to the greater society or culture of man. Unless you think Alexander the Great didn't accomplish much or that Michelangelo didn't produce works of lasting art.

Why people are interested in this is that by this young man admitting he is openly gay prior to the NFL draft, he is severely hurting his career. NFL officials already said that by coming out, he is going fall down in the draft picks and earn less money. Why can't he be judged solely on his skills on the field? Because we know, and he knows, that's not going to happen now. That takes courage, and that's what people are celebrating.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:27 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,295,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkfan39126 View Post
Collins wasn't "out" as a pro athlete, he came out after playing his last game. I don't think coming out helped him get a contract, because he didn't get one.

People obviously do care. Especially you, because you took the time to write about it on a message board.

There were rumors that Kerry Rhodes was gay last off-season and he wasn't even offered a contract despite being a really good player. How would this help his draft stock? GMs don't care about this kind of publicity, if they did Tim Tebow would still be playing.
You could be right about Kerry Rhodes, but dead wrong on Tebow. Tebow is out of the NFL because he is not willing to change positions and is not talented enough to even be a second string QB.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:31 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,663,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

I am not a Christian, so I don't give a Flying Fig about the Bible or your religious beliefs ... which you are entitled to have but don't try to force your religion on me.
Let's see if we can put this in context:

I am not a homosexual so I don't give a Flying Fig who you're porking. You are entitled to do whatever you want behind closed doors but don't try to force your disgusting proclivities on me.

You don't want to hear about my God. I don't want to hear about your sleepy-time partner.

See how that works?

Old 02-10-2014, 03:33 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,822,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunStorm View Post
I hope you aren't insinuating heterosexuality means a man married to a woman will remain sexually faithful to her?

And you evidently have little experience with either gay men or lesbians. Gay men are less monogamous than heterosexual men. Gay married men (married to other men) as a category will certainly have a higher adultery rate than heterosexual men. Gay men getting sex is comparable to heterosexual women one day becoming mega whores that blow the first guy they like in club that night. Because both gay men and straight men will f*ck the first thing they see and like if allowed too. Straight men can't because few heterosexual women are as whorish as either straight men or gay men.

Dominate lesbian women jump from one woman to the next frequently.

A bisexual man can marry a man or a woman and remain faithful to him or her whilst the gay guy and straight guy goes out a cheats on their spouse. Follow me? Love ought keep you home, not your sexual preferences. The big boy world.
Wow you people really do pull things out of thin air, don't you? No, since you brought it up, personally I don't think men, gay or straight can remain faithful and neither can most women.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:34 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,005 times
I had the misfortune to be in a doctor's office and got stuck watching the View. You should have seen the ladies over this news, they were just giddy!

Old 02-10-2014, 03:35 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,933,513 times
I think the reason this is making news is because it is the rough sport of football.

If a professional tennis player, track star, or gymnastics champ self identified as gay, no one would care.

No one made a big deal over Billie Jean King or Greg Louganis.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:43 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,933,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Let's see if we can put this in context:

I am not a homosexual so I don't give a Flying Fig who you're porking. You are entitled to do whatever you want behind closed doors but don't try to force your disgusting proclivities on me.

You don't want to hear about my God. I don't want to hear about your sleepy-time partner.

See how that works?
I hear your point of view.

It would make sense if Christians were not allowed to marry other Christians, if Christians suffered job discrimination in the US, or if people were going around saying Christians are unnatural and disgusting.

When Edie Windsor sued because her legal marriage to another woman was not recognized by the Federal Government due to DOMA ... a lawsuit that made it's way to the US Supreme Court ... no one asked her the details of her sex life.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:46 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
People who write with their left hand are deviants. Writing with your left hand goes against the norm.
Having red hair is deviant. Having red hair goes against the norm.
Having an extremely high IQ is deviant. Having an extremely high IQ goes against the norm.
Eating potato chips on a sandwich is deviant. Eating potato chips on a sandwich goes against the norm.

See how silly that sounds? There are millions of things that people do that are not the norm. I bet even you do something that is against the norm. As long as what you or anyone else does is not harming anyone else, and is consensual there is nothing deviant about it.
Grasping for anything ..very weak ... it is quite normal for people to have red hair or write with their left hand.. having sex with the same sex is not normal at all. It is an activity that is abnormal to the masses.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:49 PM

643 posts, read 917,425 times
People are finally allowed to be themselves openly. Thats a good thing, haters.

I still dont understand why any heterosexual person would be offended by gay people. We are all people here. I still think that those who are hating have some closeted homosexual thoughts and use this as an agenda to hide their feelings.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:52 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
You are entitled to your opinion.

Here's mine: your prejudice and intolerance is wrong and unnatural.

Who really wants to hear about anyones sexual deviant behavior? Keep it to yourself. Homosexuals have an appetite for abnormal sex encounters. So who wants to know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.