Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 01:50 PM

937 posts, read 1,131,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Maybe the "LGBTs" are tired of giving deference to grown children whose entire worldview surrounds the idea that people on earth live in a giant ant farm supervised by a jealous and spiteful, yet supposedly omnipotent being who spends his time being concerned with who is buggering whom, and how.
Maybe that's how you perceive God, but I view God through a very different lens. When I've been at my lowest point in life and couldn't call upon anyone, the one steady anchor that I've always had is God. My God is not jealous, spiteful or hateful; He's very compassionate and has helped me become a better person.

Quote:
Honestly, it's beyond juvenile. And the worst pretense of all is that YOU think you hold the truth, to the exclusion of even those within your same religion who profess the exact opposite.
You have the right to believe whatever you wish. -Just remember that other people also have a right to hold fast to their beliefs too.

Quote:
And sorry, but you're a bigot because you seek to restrict the rights of certain people based on their biology or characteristics of their personhood. You're a bigot because you place a value that someone is better than someone else based on innate characteristics of their being.
Wow, I knew that was coming! I will continue to speak the truth as I know it, even if it ruffles a few feathers. Trust me, I don't care what you do in your bedroom, I'm just tired of hearing that homosexuality, bisexuality and cross dressing are harmless, because that's simply not the case.

Quote:
Which is what someone's sexuality is. It just "is," no matter how many former-ex-gays-tell you otherwise. It's like the color of their hair, or their skin, or whether they are deaf or blind or left handed. And to be "against it" makes people seem really, really stupid. Or ignorant. Or both.
Well that is what the media propagates, but that's not what I actually agree with.

Quote:
My brother is deaf. I suppose one could "be against deafness" as it is abnormal and his lifestyle is different from that of hearing people, but you'd be an idiot to be "against deafness."
I am very much interested in learning sign language. I'm sure your brother has many challenges as a deaf boy/man, but in my opinion, he is not abnormal. He's a person making due with his hearing impairment.

Quote:
Your son, if he is gay, will have no choice in the matter. And neither do you. Good parents place no value on sexuality because it is mutually exclusive from how one decides to USE their sexuality.
There's ample research that points out that a number of gay individuals were molested as children. For this reason, I'd never allow any child of mine to attend sleep overs (without being present). I think it's imperative for parents to safe-guard their children and to have a thorough idea of what your children are learning and who is providing such instruction.

I wouldn't tell my child to hate anyone, but I will teach him right from wrong.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:50 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,756,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
No...just thoroughly disgusting.

I truly hope you guys/gays get what you want. That would mean I won't have to listen to all of your incessant whining anymore. Although I'm quite sure you'll find something else to b*tch about.

Something has to REALLY be completely out of whack when one man CHOOSES to take another man in his mouth....or *ss.

COMPLETELY OUT OF WHACK!

If some of you deem that as normal.....and I don't mean normal to YOU, then so be it.
Is it okay when a woman chooses to take a man into her mouth? Or into her anus?

It's just sex. Just because it doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean that it doesn't appeal to others. And oral sex and anal sex have been around since the beginning of time. What difference does it make the gender of the persons having oral or anal sex?

Old 02-11-2014, 01:57 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,314,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIVERSMVP14 View Post
u are a bigot. against Christianity and miral standards.

Whose Christianity? Yours? My neighbors? Catholics? Mormons? The UCC? Episcopalians? Non-denominational? Baptists?

In case you haven't noticed there are several thousand Christian denominations. Not all of them condone homosexuality. TRUE religious scholars (not the yokels down at the local chapel of baby Jesus, established 1952), will inform you that the Bible as written today needs to be read in context and that it is preferable to have knowledge of the original languages it was written in.

(Though I hate to break it to American Christians, but IF any one of the thousands of sects DO have it right, it is unlikely that it is any of the American Christian denominations that have been created in the past couple hundred years. Sorry guys.)

Old 02-11-2014, 01:58 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,839,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
My God is not jealous, spiteful or hateful; He's very compassionate and has helped me become a better person.
Just to be clear on this; is your god the same god that Bideshi, RIVERSMVP14, Harrier and a few others claim to follow? Because you are all pretty inconsistent on the various attributes your god is supposed to have.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:01 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,034,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Because HomoActivists are hell bent on making sure that America accepts as normal male-on-male pig bottoming. We won't be a free country until disgusting sex acts are considered a normal, acceptable, every day kind of activity here in the good old US of A.
What is "male-on-male pig bottoming?" And have you been watching a lot of this kind of sexual act? And can only man on man pig bottom or can man and women also pig bottom?

Old 02-11-2014, 02:06 PM

937 posts, read 1,131,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Is it okay when a woman chooses to take a man into her mouth? Or into her anus?

It's just sex. Just because it doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean that it doesn't appeal to others. And oral sex and anal sex have been around since the beginning of time. What difference does it make the gender of the persons having oral or anal sex?
Here's my ultimate point, whatever you choose to do sexually, as long as it's not with children/teens and animals is between you and your consenting partner. But I don't appreciate the media and the LGBT community acting as though everyone must be on-board with "accepting" homosexuality as normal/good.

Michael Sam has a right to do as he wishes, but I also have a right to formulate my own opinion regarding his lifestyle choices, especially since he broadcasted all of his private business publicly.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Maybe that's how you perceive God, but I view God through a very different lens. When I've been at my lowest point in life and couldn't call upon anyone, the one steady anchor that I've always had is God. My God is not jealous, spiteful or hateful; He's very compassionate and has helped me become a better person.
If you demand someone "keep quiet" about something that is literally an unchosen part of their being, then you should learn that not everyone gives a crap about your CHOSEN spiritual beliefs. Are you the type who runs around prefacing everything you say or believe with, "as a Christian...."?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGurl332
You have the right to believe whatever you wish. -Just remember that other people also have a right to hold fast to their beliefs too.
And guess what? Aint nobody stopping you, despite the damage wrought to people and their families by people who profess to speak for and act in the name of God and in accordance with their beliefs! Talk about EVIL!

Quote:
Wow, I knew that was coming! I will continue to speak the truth as I know it, even if it ruffles a few feathers. Trust me, I don't care what you do in your bedroom, I'm just tired of hearing that homosexuality, bisexuality and cross dressing are harmless, because that's simply not the case.
LMAO, ok, thank you Dr. Ruth. Do go on and tell us where you got your psychology or human sexuality degree.

The truth is that bisexuality, homosexuality and heterosexuality is simply orientation.

The way one uses their sexuality (promiscuity, to harm others, etc.) MAY be harmful, but that is not sexuality dependent, and applies across the sexual spectrum.

Cross dressing though? Really? Who gives a fig except busy bodies?

Quote:
Well that is what the media propagates, but that's not what I actually agree with.
It honestly does not matter "what you believe." The consensus among anyone who actually has authority to speak on the issue is that it is not chosen. 99% of heterosexuals and 99% of homosexuals will tell you that.

Quote:
I am very much interested in learning sign language. I'm sure your brother has many challenges as a deaf boy/man, but in my opinion, he is not abnormal. He's a person making due with his hearing impairment.
He is technically abnormal. It is normal as a human being to hear, and he cannot. Now, just like homosexuality, it is expected that a % of the population will be deaf, so it is not abnormal in the sense of something that is outside of biology.

And guess what: If you learned sign language and were proficient in it, you would STILL NOT BE DEAF. Because the "state of being" is different than the "acts" associated with deafness.

Quote:
There's ample research that points out that a number of gay individuals were molested as children. For this reason, I'd never allow any child of mine to attend sleep overs (without being present). I think it's imperative for parents to safe-guard their children and to have a thorough idea of what your children are learning and who is providing such instruction.

No, there isn't. At least not any reputable, peer reviewed research by any person of academic merit. Hint: Anything "Focus on the Family" links to would never fit this criteria.

Quote:
I wouldn't tell my child to hate anyone, but I will teach him right from wrong.

You prepare your child for the real world, or they get crushed by it and passed by those whose parents DID prepare them for the real world.

Last edited by TriMT7; 02-11-2014 at 02:22 PM..

Old 02-11-2014, 02:17 PM

423 posts, read 413,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
You shouldn't spend your time dwelling on either. Grown folks don't spend their time thinking about sex acts of strangers. Particularly not of sex acts that do not interest them.

There is ZERO reason why a football player coming out should have your mind immediately jump to him HAVING SEX with a dude.

When a Hollywood starlet announces she is getting married to her boyfriend do you immediately think of them having sex on their wedding night? If so, you need help.

Oh? That's what shows "utter lack of intelligence"? Frankly, you have not demonstrated yourself qualified to sit in judgment of the intelligence of others!
I'm not too concerned about your opinion. You wouldn't be able to ascertain the difference anyway.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:20 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,839,151 times
Quote:
But I don't appreciate the media and the LGBT community acting as though everyone must be on-board with "accepting" homosexuality as normal/good.
You aren't expected to participate in his sex life. You do realize that, don't you?

You should keep the TV turned off (or better yet, throw it away) if you're bothered by everyone who is different from you.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
I'm not too concerned about your opinion. You wouldn't be able to ascertain the difference anyway.

Right. I'm absolutely sure wherever you're from you're the village intellectual, but you're going to have to try a bit harder around here.

You can't even condescend convincingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies