Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2014, 09:08 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Exactly, but some like Urbanlife78, who claim it's not their problem, would like to ban smoking in the one or two bars that they do not even go too which makes no sense to me. Instead of everyone being able to get what they want, he wants everyone to be forced to by law to have to abide by what he wants even when it does not affect him.
You want to be able to smoke in any bar you want with disregard to the people around you, talk about being selfish. It is like airplanes, we use to be allowed to smoke on planes, now you cannot, do you also whine about not being able to smoke on planes because you use to be able to smoke on them?

Old 02-12-2014, 09:11 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
....you want to smoke anywhere you choose because it is what you want.
Wrong, I'm perfectly fine with a business banning it on their own. I'd be a hypocrite to suggest otherwise.

The issue here is you want to leave no one with any choice but your own.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:12 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,132 times
Quote:
Ah, "should," well that isn't how business laws work, even if you think it should.

If you can figure out how to make a cigarette be smokeless, then they can smoke indoors all they want.

You say the current law is wrong, and I disagree with you.
Like I said, you would ignore quoting me. At least this time you did not make anything up. This is not about smoking indoors. This is about individual rights with regard to government. We asked you this several times already, but you cherry pick what you'll respond to....

If there are several bars in town, only one bar wants to allows smoking, and the customers who go to that bar want to smoke or have no problem with second hand smoke, please explain why you believe that you and others have the right to "make this your problem?"

How much you want to bet you'll ignore the question or will simple make something up and say I said it lol. Truly pathetic.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Wrong, I'm perfectly fine with a business banning it on their own. I'd be a hypocrite to suggest otherwise.

The issue here is you want to leave no one with any choice but your own.
You are more than welcome to take your addiction outside whenever you need a fix. I have no problem with that.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:
You are more than welcome to take your addiction outside whenever you need a fix. I have no problem with that.
Again, that's your choice and your choice alone. It's not mine nor the business owner.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Like I said, you would ignore quoting me. At least this time you did not make anything up. This is not about smoking indoors. This is about individual rights with regard to government. We asked you this several times already, but you cherry pick what you'll respond to....

If there are several bars in town, only one bar wants to allows smoking, and the customers who go to that bar want to smoke or have no problem with second hand smoke, please explain why you believe that you and others have the right to "make this your problem?"

How much you want to bet you'll ignore the question or will simple make something up and say I said it lol. Truly pathetic.
It is a dumb question, that is why I ignored it. Flip it around and what if every bar in town allows smoking except for one and a smoker wants to fire up inside the non smoking bar. You can bet that smoker would be whining that he can't smoke wherever he wants.

Your smoking addiction isn't my problem, if you don't like smoking outdoors, then stay home and smoke indoors your private residence.

You forget, government isn't some foreign control on the American people, our government is made up of Americans representing Americans, so they have the ability to make laws like this because we Americans have given these Americans the ability to do this. Sorry you don't like our country's system.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Again, that's your choice and your choice alone. It's not mine nor the business owner.
If you light your cigarette next to me indoors, then you are taking my choice away. I can go as long as you want, but you aren't changing my mind, you smokers can take your addiction outside. I have no sympathy for you.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:32 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Nope. Increase smoking bans. In fact, BAN and make tobacco ILLEGAL. THE most vile, disgusting, nasty habit in the world is cigarette smoke.
There's always someone who wants to live in a nanny state. The government should not have the ability to restrict freedom.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:36 PM

Quote:
It is a dumb question,
Which you completely avoided answering. You should be a politician.

Quote:
Flip it around and what if every bar in town allows smoking except for one and a smoker wants to fire up inside the non smoking bar.
In that case the bar owner needs to consider whether or not he wants to cater to the smoking or non smoking crowd. The market will dictate the ratio.
Quote:

You can bet that smoker would be whining that he can't smoke wherever he wants.
They can whine all they want, it's when they try and make a law requiring that all bars allow smoking you should have a complaint.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:37 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,132 times
Quote:
It is a dumb question, that is why I ignored it. Flip it around and what if every bar in town allows smoking except for one and a smoker wants to fire up inside the non smoking bar. You can bet that smoker would be whining that he can't smoke wherever he wants.

Your smoking addiction isn't my problem, if you don't like smoking outdoors, then stay home and smoke indoors your private residence.

You forget, government isn't some foreign control on the American people, our government is made up of Americans representing Americans, so they have the ability to make laws like this because we Americans have given these Americans the ability to do this. Sorry you don't like our country's system.
It's a dumb question because you do not want to answer it lol. Yet you turn around and ask me a simular question. How about I answer your question if you answer mine? Deal?

Here's me answering your question. You said
Quote:
Flip it around and what if every bar in town allows smoking except for one and a smoker wants to fire up inside the non smoking bar. You can bet that smoker would be whining that he can't smoke wherever he wants.
Then tough for them. Who cares if they complain. All I care about is that everyone has choices. In your case, the smoker should either carry their behinds to a bar that allows smoking or S.T.F.U. about it and not smoke. The same should go for people like you in bars that allow smoking. Now you answer my question:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies