Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2014, 01:53 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
"No it isn't because it is a business law,..."

DAYUM!! How perverse can you be??
THAT is the whole point of this thread: SHOULD A BUSINESS OWNER BE ALLOWED TO DETERMINE IF SMOKING WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE ESTABLISHMENT?
Some of us say YES, it should be up to the owner of the business, and if he does decide to allow it, non-smokers should either stay out or shut up!
It is really that simple!

!
And I say NO, business owners should obey smoking ban laws. Smokers can either go outside or stay home and shut up! See how I did that? I used your "stay out or shut up" against smokers. Bars have seen no difference in patrons with smoking bans, therefore smokers have no problem going outside to smoke while going to a bar.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:55 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Stadiums should be privately funded, that I agree with you.

Absolutely!

Old 02-14-2014, 02:01 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
"And I say NO, business owners should obey smoking ban laws."

the thread title:
"Repeal smoking bans in bars and restaurants"

So, if the bans were to be repealed, AS THE THREAD TITLE SUGGESTS, should business owners be able to allow smoking if they so desire?

NOW do you get it?

Old 02-14-2014, 02:12 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,117,467 times
I'll repost this for all the ignorant smokers........

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Why are smokers allowed to dictate that? What God given right do you have to smoke where ever you want?

But that's not the POINT, which none of you smokers understands. It's about worker safety and OSHA laws. It has already been decided LEGALLY by many states and counties and municipalities. YOU HAVE LOST. Say it with me..... YOU HAVE LOST.
The law is on my side where I live. There is no smoking indoors in places of business in Austin and Houston. It is ILLEGAL. YOU folks have no clue about the why this is..... educate yourself.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:13 PM

80 posts, read 44,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
It's the owner's property. If he wants to allow smokers in his establishment, that is his choice. If he doesn't that is also his choice. You are also free to choose to patronize his establishment or go elsewhere. As am I. Furthermore, being occasionally exposed to 2nd hand smoke hardly qualifies as assault. Do you feel assaulted by breathing all of the pollution in the air from all of the automobiles? Better ban cars then. Do you feel assaulted when you're near someone BBQing? If so, then we better ban BBQs too.
I guess you are not paying attention.

Of course, the owner of a public accommodation has the right to allow smoking, as long as it is done in a way that doesn't violate the rights of others. Unfortunately, such restrictions are difficult so they don't bother and just inflict their filth on the innocent.

Well those days are over. Do you understand that. The "rights" of a group of sick drug addicts must bow to the greater rights of the majority of normal people not to have toxins inflicted on them. You WILL be brought into a state of respecting the rights of others one way or another. Remember, it is about the rights of others NOT to be assaulted with your toxins, pure and simple. find a way to toke without harming others, without inflicting your toxins on them, and you're home free. Why don't you invent ashtray-flavored gum with nicotine in it. Or an inhaler loaded with Nicotine. Or mainline it, or snort it. Use it all you with, but do so in a way where you keep your toxin to yourself.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
If you walk into or onto a gun range BETWEEN THE FIRING POSITIONS AND THE TARGETS, you most certainly did, in effect, waive your right not to be shot! YOU placed YOURSELF in jeopardy of being shot by not staying BEHIND the firing positions!
YOU also did something incredibly stupid, and you deserve whatever happens to you! You will get no sympathy from me or any other firing range user.
You remind me of those who will purchase land and build a house under the flight path of an airport, then complain about the noise. Or those who will buy a farm with a county road through it, then attempt to block the public from using the road. Or buy land with a navigable stream running through it, in a state with a stream access law, and try to stop the public from using the stream between the high water marks.

Very sad, really.
Yes, perhaps the saddest excuse for a post I have read.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:19 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bridges View Post
I guess you are not paying attention.

Of course, the owner of a public accommodation has the right to allow smoking, as long as it is done in a way that doesn't violate the rights of others. Unfortunately, such restrictions are difficult so they don't bother and just inflict their filth on the innocent.

Well those days are over. Do you understand that. The "rights" of a group of sick drug addicts must bow to the greater rights of the majority of normal people not to have toxins inflicted on them. You WILL be brought into a state of respecting the rights of others one way or another. Remember, it is about the rights of others NOT to be assaulted with your toxins, pure and simple. find a way to toke without harming others, without inflicting your toxins on them, and you're home free. Why don't you invent ashtray-flavored gum with nicotine in it. Or an inhaler loaded with Nicotine. Or mainline it, or snort it. Use it all you with, but do so in a way where you keep your toxin to yourself.

When one resorts to name calling they've already lost. But I'll say it one last time, and then I'm done with you. If the establishment allows it, then you have no right to complain about it. Go elsewhere, and stop being a wannabe tyrant.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You may smoke there. You just have to sit with the rest of the smokers.

Smoking in public is a privilege, not a right.

Do you feel you should be able to drive where you want to or park where you want to any time you want to?

Well said.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
When one resorts to name calling they've already lost. But I'll say it one last time, and then I'm done with you. If the establishment allows it, then you have no right to complain about it. Go elsewhere, and stop being a wannabe tyrant.
Nobody called anyone a name. Have an example, or just telling lies?

Old 02-14-2014, 02:23 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
"You WILL be brought into a state of respecting the rights of others one way or another."

Thank you. It was apparent that is where you were coming from, now it is very evident. CONTROL, pure and simple! Total, narrow minded CONTROL!
Please, go back and read the thread title, and think about it for a while...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies