Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 07:52 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post

Do you know how Arabs treat women? Do you know how they treat homosexuals? It's not very humane I can guarantee that. Many are also racist and have a hatred towards Americans and the western world. They do not like Christian's or Jews or any other religion other than fundamental Islam.
I work in the Middle East. This way of thinking is simply wrong. Each Arab country is different. So each one deals with their ideology differently. This is portrayed as being this way by the media, but on the street with everyday Arabs the reality is pretty different. So unless you've been there, keep in mind that your "many" is actually "some".

FYI FWIW I'm a American Mizrahi Jew.

Old 02-14-2014, 07:56 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,695,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
I work in the Middle East. This way of thinking is simply wrong. Each Arab country is different. So each one deals with their ideology differently. This is portrayed as being this way by the media, but on the street with everyday Arabs the reality is pretty different. So unless you've been there, keep in mind that your "many" is actually "some".

FYI FWIW I'm a American Mizrahi Jew.
I've been to Israel. Which means that I have been blacklisted from Arab countries.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
I've been to Israel. Which means that I have been blacklisted from Arab countries.
You're not blacklisted. I travel to Israel twice a year. As long as your US passport does not say Israel as country of birth then you're fine. Also keep in mind that you can get passports with removable pages. When I travel to Israel my visa stamp goes on a sheet of paper. I use a Passport Card as ID (wasn't meant for this purpose by the US) and I've never had an issue or request to see the actual passport book in the five years I've had the card.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:28 AM

1,962 posts, read 2,708,242 times
Quote:
Pruzhany, I think you know what he means. If you have an Israeli entry/exit stamp on your passport, many Arabic countries won't admit you.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:07 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
Not long ago there were suicide bombers going off every week or so. And rockets almost everyday aimed at Israel. Now one barely hears about rockets and never suicide bombers. Whats going on. Maybe the Palestinians are mellowing out or something. Or maybe they are laying back and waiting for the right time to start their terrorist work again. Who Knows.
I suspect that it's more an issue that the media won't publish the murderous acts of Palistinians. It doesn't fit the agenda.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser199 View Post
Pruzhany, I think you know what he means. If you have an Israeli entry/exit stamp on your passport, many Arabic countries won't admit you.
Thanks for the input, but I know what he means. He can easily order a replacement passport if he wants to. As I've stated in multiple threads, I do work in numerous Muslim countries in N Africa and the Middle East with a majority of it in UAE. So I fly mostly on commercial airlines and have had no issues at passport control. Currently there are only two countries that have an issue with American passports with Israel stamps. They are Lebanon and Syria. And the only reason is that they are both in a state of war with Israel. Now if you fly with an Israeli passport then there are some (not most or many) countries that will deny you access. I don't have an Israeli passport. I've been to Lebanon twice but not to Syria (and not to Iran).

Old 02-14-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I suspect that it's more an issue that the media won't publish the murderous acts of Palistinians. It doesn't fit the agenda.
The US media will not publish the murderous acts that occur around the world in numerous countries. The US media censors a large chunk of the world.

If you have a weak stomach, have a bucket nearby before looking at the following link:
Kaotic.com - Uncensored reality documented by you !

Old 02-14-2014, 12:25 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
I find that the liberal support for Palestine and their opposition towards Israel is hypocritical.

Do you know how Arabs treat women? Do you know how they treat homosexuals? It's not very humane I can guarantee that. Many are also racist and have a hatred towards Americans and the western world. They do not like Christian's or Jews or any other religion other than fundamental Islam.

Meanwhile in Israel women have all the same rights as men, gay people live their lives freely and can even serve openly in the military, there is freedom of religion, you see all different ethnic groups living together, even Arabs. In fact there are Arabs in Israels Government, some even were elected to political offices.

Israel only kills terrorists. Hamas kills civilians and children. Israel only fights for self defense, Palestine and all other Arab and Persian countries fight to kill all the Jews.

It's obvious what side is the good side.
Meh...I think that view is incredibly simplistic.

Nothing in that region is as cut and dried obvious as you make it out to be. The issues and history is as convoluted as it is complicated.

There are no "good guys" from what I can see. Just winners and losers. And neither status makes either side good or bad.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:06 PM

1,962 posts, read 2,708,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Thanks for the input, but I know what he means. He can easily order a replacement passport if he wants to. As I've stated in multiple threads, I do work in numerous Muslim countries in N Africa and the Middle East with a majority of it in UAE. So I fly mostly on commercial airlines and have had no issues at passport control. Currently there are only two countries that have an issue with American passports with Israel stamps. They are Lebanon and Syria. And the only reason is that they are both in a state of war with Israel. Now if you fly with an Israeli passport then there are some (not most or many) countries that will deny you access. I don't have an Israeli passport. I've been to Lebanon twice but not to Syria (and not to Iran).
Arab/Muslim countries that DO NOT accept visitors with Israeli stamped passports:

Syria
Lebanon
Libya
Kuwait
Iran
Iraq
Pakistan
Saudi Arabia
Sudan
Yemen

To accommodate those who want to travel to the above countries, upon request, Israeli authorities will stamp a separate paper that'll fit into your passport and can be removed when necessary.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:10 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
They are not mellowing, they are re-loading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies