Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 08:17 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,931,071 times

Advertisements

Wow-sad that so many "supposed" Adults can justify in their head hating an entire generation of people-especially a group younger than them.

I wonder when Boomers will come to the realization THAT THEY RAISED MILLENIALS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 08:22 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
These inter-generational pissing matches always go the same. Reality - we're all in this together. The bad economy is hitting the young harder than others in many ways, but at least some Boomers have born affected very negatively too. Think losing retirement savings, long-term unemployment compounded by age discrimination, etc.

Something else to consider - It seems to be primarily the conservatives who constantly complain about millennials, while simultaneously complaining about how they don't vote Republican. Just some food for thought.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:35 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Last I checked, a lot of Millennials have served, fought, gotten seriously injured, and died, in both Iraq and Afghanistan. A shame some would mitigate their service and sacrifices.
I would bet alot that 99% of those are not the ones Bn and Mn.
Thats the bootstrap brigade.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
See, it's these kind of comments from "the bootstrap brigade" that make them look silly and petty.
No it is just the truth about how millenials vastly overrate their importance.

It always is to demonstrate they are not the only ones who affected by the economy.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
These inter-generational pissing matches always go the same. Reality - we're all in this together. The bad economy is hitting the young harder than others in many ways, but at least some Boomers have born affected very negatively too. Think losing retirement savings, long-term unemployment compounded by age discrimination, etc.

Something else to consider - It seems to be primarily the conservatives who constantly complain about millennials, while simultaneously complaining about how they don't vote Republican. Just some food for thought.
Agreed, this is all of us in this American economy together. Unfortunately the evidence points to the millenials as to who have created the divisive atmosphere. Just look at the op. The poster constantly starts threads about how tough they have it and blames the boomers.
Sad.

And I am not even a boomer!

Old 02-12-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Wow-sad that so many "supposed" Adults can justify in their head hating an entire generation of people-especially a group younger than them.

I wonder when Boomers will come to the realization THAT THEY RAISED MILLENIALS.
Sorry your facts are messed up. Please look at who started the thread and how many threads the poster has started bashing boomers while crying a river.

And the generalizations made by millenials about boomers are astounding.
Yeah I guess some boomer parents did raise these kids while never teaching them about self awareness.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:47 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post

Just like all other times this country has had economic recessions and periods of high inflation.
The youth are always feel the brunt of it. The internet and social media though have only served to make their cries of victimhood more pronounced.

But each generation has had their hurdles while they were young and first entering the job scene.
For me it was extremely high interest rates of the early 80's. Forget a home or new car or credit card during that time. They made due with cash, layaway, lease to own and owner financed starter homes.
If we had twitter, Facebook, internet forums like this back then it would be filled with victimhood stories as well.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:49 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,931,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Sorry your facts are messed up. Please look at who started the thread and how many threads the poster has started bashing boomers while crying a river.

And the generalizations made by millenials about boomers are astounding.
Yeah I guess some boomer parents did raise these kids while never teaching them about self awareness.
What facts? I'm just saying Millenials shouldn't blame all Boomers for the state of things today and Boomers shouldn't talk about an entire generation (that they raised) using such hateful language.

I fit none of the horrible stereotypes of a Millenial-I work hard, own my home and am aware and YES I b and m about the state of things because it is my duty as a citizen and this Government has done some messed up things the past few decades to the World and to Americans.

My parents fit none of the Boomer stereotypes-they always lived within their means, never abandonded the city for suburbia, etc.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 02-12-2014 at 09:09 AM..

Old 02-12-2014, 08:51 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,724 times
Well slightly disputable

- if you look at the global wage and overall conditions of the AVERAGE millennial and not so myopically focused on American you will see a huge improvement

- the below is the impact of millennial needing to be competitive. Unlike 50 years ago. . they need to compete globally. Some wont, and the below is the impact. . plus a bad recession that had a big impact (caused by our crappy financial system)

No longer does a American Birth Certificate equals a guarantee

now you have to compete

thats a good thing for the world

as far as Americans, quit being lazy and compete. Stop whining

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
We all knew this, but for some reason, CD seems to be in denial. Well, here are your facts.

Indisputable Evidence That Millennials Have It Worse Than Any Generation in 50 Years - Jordan Weissmann - The Atlantic

Old 02-12-2014, 09:04 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,677,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Well slightly disputable

- if you look at the global wage and overall conditions of the AVERAGE millennial and not so myopically focused on American you will see a huge improvement

- the below is the impact of millennial needing to be competitive. Unlike 50 years ago. . they need to compete globally. Some wont, and the below is the impact. . plus a bad recession that had a big impact (caused by our crappy financial system)

No longer does a American Birth Certificate equals a guarantee

now you have to compete

thats a good thing for the world

as far as Americans, quit being lazy and compete. Stop whining
Not whining

This forum is overwhelmingly of Boomer members. I just want to highlight the fact that they had it easier than our generation. Nobody has provided facts as of yet to dispute the graphs I posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies