Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 10:52 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Sweden has publically built internet and their service costs $25 for speeds 30x faster than US speeds. Not all goods fit nicely into the private market. Thats why. Look up public goods, private goods, common goods, and collective goods.
You want higher taxes to pay for that largesse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 10:56 AM

804 posts, read 618,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
why do you feel the government is more efficient to run banking( not yet anyway), health care, schools, etc?

And who is supposed to control banking? The banks themselves? Or maybe the states so they can each print as much money as they want?
Who is to control health if not the government? Insurance companies? Big pharma?

In every civilized country on this planet banking, health and education is controlled by governments.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Plenty of friends and I go out side to talk to them (not on-line). I have had the same cost of coverage since I retired (age 55) on a pre-med policy and in 2013 for the first time in 35 years of buying ins. I received a 2 month rebate.

The ACA works.
For you. I am 55, still working (because I want to) I make a higher than average salary due to seniority and I now have to pay through the nose either on my own or with the company plan. I have a 5 year old daughter who will go to college therefore I now can't retire because I am being punished and lied to by your hero. So they will have to either carry me out of my engine on a stretcher or I lose my engineer's license due to health reasons. Your idiot in the WH made those choices for me and I am not in the habit of letting some fool dictate my life's choices. He needs to keep his greedy paws out of my back pocket.

The majority of the people feel the same as I do. And all those you expect to sign up to subsidize this abortion called ACA are not signing up because they don't want their wealth redistributed to other people, such as yourself.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
It does and it doesn't. That's why it has to be administered correctly.
Not by the government, by the states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies