Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 03:55 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Well most do, I didn't say all if that means anything.

To answer your last question, look at my previous posts as to why people don't agree with SS marriage.
I didn't ask you if people agree with same sex marriage, I asked you why it shouldn't be a legal civil marriage? Same sex couple can have babies too, therefore that cancels out your first part, even though children aren't a legal reason for legal civil marriage.

Old 02-12-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Most married couples are heterosexual, yes?

Missing my point.

Never said that either, however, it doesn't feel like the marriage rate is falling.
Why does most married couples are heterosexual sexual matter if same sex marriage is illegal? Therefore those that are same sex couples cannot marry.

Old 02-12-2014, 03:59 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,075 times
Religious justification to support opposition to interracial marriage

Who is opposing interracial marriage? Not the same as same-sex marriage....

Old 02-12-2014, 04:00 PM

924 posts, read 667,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post

They both aren't "traditional," though.

Old 02-12-2014, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post

Why isn't it the same? Both involve denying people the right to marry.

Old 02-12-2014, 04:30 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Your equating heterosexuality with a desire or need to procreate????

Because all heterosexuality is is a preference to have sex with members of the opposite sex. That's it.

Your point is nonsense.

And EVERY statistic shows that the marriage rate is falling.
Still missing my point and still assuming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I didn't ask you if people agree with same sex marriage, I asked you why it shouldn't be a legal civil marriage? Same sex couple can have babies too, therefore that cancels out your first part, even though children aren't a legal reason for legal civil marriage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Why does most married couples are heterosexual sexual matter if same sex marriage is illegal? Therefore those that are same sex couples cannot marry.
Because throughout history, marriage has traditionally been for a man and woman. Again, the comparison to SSM and interracial marriage is spurious. SSM hasn't been written in law as legal, that came over time. Interracial marriages have already existed in history, even before the US came to existence.

Old 02-12-2014, 04:32 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
I'm not trying to make it about YOU. I'm trying to make YOU see that there is not distinction between personal beliefs and religious beliefs.
Christian beliefs are based on the Bible, while personal beliefs are just personal beliefs. See the difference?
Quote:
The Bible has multiple versions, and multiple interpretations. That's FACT.
Really? Then you should have no trouble quoting one that supports their views. The people you quote did not quote ANY translation of the Bible. Let's see if you can.

Old 02-12-2014, 04:34 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
in your opinion.
No, it is a fact.

Old 02-12-2014, 04:38 PM

5,355 posts, read 5,132,164 times
FYI one in seven couple is interracial now. Expect that number to rise even higher in the future.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:58 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Quote:
Still missing my point and still assuming.

Because throughout history, marriage has traditionally been for a man and woman. Again, the comparison to SSM and interracial marriage is spurious. SSM hasn't been written in law as legal, that came over time. Interracial marriages have already existed in history, even before the US came to existence.
Ignore history then, same sex marriages and unions have existed in the past, it is not recent. Many of the Native American tribes allowed same sex unions and that was before the US came into existence .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies