Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 11:10 AM

712 posts, read 1,366,324 times

Advertisements

Almost every city these days provides separate trash "recycle" bins for folks to separate their plastics, glass and paper. But why do the work for free? You don't get paid to recycle and it doesn't do anything to save the earth. Why bother? All it does is make these "garbage companies" rich!

All these waste plants that the garbage companies use help them make TONS of money from your trash. They use mechanical separators that easily sort your garbage no matter if you pre-sorted it in the pretty bins or not. All a worker needs to do is dump regular trash in there (bags and all) and it rips and separates everything nicely. Whatever the machines cannot do, they have workers that get paid to do the rest.

Here is a quick video of how they do it and how easy it is:

EMS Waste Recycle - Turbo Clean Separator - YouTube

But check this out, then they take for example all of the garbage plastic and then it is shredded and compressed into cubes. They then sell these cubes to companies than melt it down and make new plastic products. This is millions of dollars thanks to your hard FREE recycling work.

The whole trash separation process is ran by people that get paid hourly! If everyone recycled, then less people would have jobs because less sorting would be needed. That would mean higher profits for the "garbage companies".

So remember, if you recycle, you are contributing making someone else richer. You are not saving the earth. (Dont fall into that tree hugger crap).

What you need to take away from this article is: F*** 'em just throw your garbage in 1 container, make your life easier and sleep happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 11:16 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
I recycle because I dont like the idea of things going into landfill if its not needed. I dont care if someone else wants to take my garbage and turn it into useful products and earn money from it. If they werent, then people would be buyin gthe un recycled products and still someone would be earning profit from it.

What difference does it make to you if I recycle if you dont care?

Old 02-12-2014, 11:16 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
I reuse my own stuff.
Once you leave the city limits you don't have 4-5-6 different garbage cans
I use the same garbage company as the city and I pay a lot less than the city residents do.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:17 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
So? Why should I care if somebody gets rich? It's better than the trash ending up in a landfill.
We have places here that convert municipal waste into ethanol. Nothing wrong with that.
Maybe I should hang on to my garbage to "stick it to the tree huggers".

What a stupid thread.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
So? Why should I care if somebody gets rich? It's better than the trash ending up in a landfill.
We have places here that convert municipal waste into ethanol. Nothing wrong with that.
Maybe I should hang on to my garbage to "stick it to the tree huggers".

What a stupid thread.
You obviously did not read the thread. If you recycle or not, your trash it gets resold and you WASTED your efforts. It never hits the landfill regardless.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:22 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
You obviously did not read the thread. If you recycle or not, it gets resold. It never hits the landfill regardless.
So landfills dont exist, they are just some vast conspiracy to convince you to give away all of that valuable garbage you own, so others can get rich?

Why dont you start a recycle business then and collect peoples trash for free.. Think of how loaded you'd become..

Old 02-12-2014, 11:23 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
You obviously did not read the thread. If you recycle or not, it gets resold. It never hits the landfill regardless.
If you throw it in the garbage, it goes into a landfill. I don't care if it gets resold. If we can use our old plastic to make everything from warm winter jackets to patio furniture, more power to whoever is making money. Why do you care? You have a problem with capitalism, or are you just too damn lazy to recycle?

Old 02-12-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So landfills dont exist, they are just some vast conspiracy to convince you to give away all of that valuable garbage you own, so others can get rich?

Why dont you start a recycle business then and collect peoples trash for free.. Think of how loaded you'd become..
What he's saying is that recycling that you pay extra for is done with garbage that isn't separated into those various cans.

It's happening even for people like me that don't have recycling (I'm rural).
You're paying for the same thing I get for free
And I don't need 7 different colored cans either !

Old 02-12-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
If you throw it in the garbage, it goes into a landfill. I don't care if it gets resold. If we can use our old plastic to make everything from warm winter jackets to patio furniture, more power to whoever is making money. Why do you care? You have a problem with capitalism, or are you just too damn lay to recycle?
It does not matter if I recycle, separate my trash or dump it all in 1 bag. The plastics, glass, metal and wood all gets recycled and resold and the money goes to the corporations.

I dont want the money, I just rather not be an idiot and sort my garbage for nothing.

Who cares about landfills? Look at Harbor Island in Seattle. If it wasn't for landfills, the island would never exist!

Old 02-12-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
If you throw it in the garbage, it goes into a landfill. I don't care if it gets resold. If we can use our old plastic to make everything from warm winter jackets to patio furniture, more power to whoever is making money. Why do you care? You have a problem with capitalism, or are you just too damn lay to recycle?
Not all of us are afforded recycling.
I'm rural and recycling has a different meaning out here.

When I did live in the city I had 3 different cans to put out each week.
I also paid a higher garbage bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies